New at this and Wondering.....

• if using Coffee mate (little tubs) NO Carbs would be ok instead of the Heavy Cream in my morning coffee..
  • I'm not certain as I'm not an expert but I think you'd be better off sticking with the cream. It's hard to wrap your brain around it sometimes but fat is your friend.
  • I always can't help but wonder what's in artificial creamers...
  • Quote: if using Coffee mate (little tubs) NO Carbs would be ok instead of the Heavy Cream in my morning coffee..
    Original Coffee Mate is made with corn syrup solids and contains 2 carbs per Tablespoon. Cldwv is correct, you would be better off sticking with heavy cream if you are doing Atkins
  • Hello and I agree with all above... Food is always better when its closer to the real thing than chemicals! besides.. Cream is a treat!!! oh yeah... Try and find some sugar free extracts for flavoring!
  • Thanks everyone. Just being able to get back to the site I'm so glad that I had some responses. I will be picking up heavy cream this week. thanks again.
    I just thought since I had them in the house I better ask the question
    again thank you.
  • And yes it is very hard to wrap your head around the that fact that FAT is our friend
  • Forgot to ask. What is the limit per day for the heavy cream, is it 3 tablespoons?
    I'm a coffee drinker so I will be using it in the morning with my coffee but want to make sure I have the correct limit per day.
    I will make a point to find my book during the week. thank you again for all of your help