Old 05-08-2013, 11:20 PM   #16  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Argh. Thursday has become the new Tuesday for me.

Up a pesky 1.0lb today.

I am flying to Istanbul today where I will spend the weekend in another hotel before flying back to here in Ankara on Monday.

Starting weight:217.8lbs
5/8 - 217.4lbs
5/9 - 218.4lbs

Goal weight: 212.8lbs

Last edited by IanG; 05-08-2013 at 11:21 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:05 AM   #17  
Enjoying the journey

S/C/G: 225/192/170

Height: 5-5.5

So super happy to report 200 today - it's been a long long time - 25 pounds down today since mid January!!!
Lulu NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:15 AM   #18  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

OH LULU..... 200?! 1 more tenth of an ounce and you are in ONDERLAND.... OH GOSH I am soooooo thrilled for you. So Happy for you.. How are you feeling? Are you feeling any different? Lighter than gravity? and 25 LBS off oh SNAP Gosh... This is making me cry in joy for you.... :::::::

IAN its the time zone difference.... You are still doing so darn good. I know how frustrating it is to be "good" and then the scale does not agree. But you are "good" and doing what you need to do. That scale will go down. By the time you get back to Ankara... I bet you are 215....
to you and I send you strength of will power (that I found again this morning after my cake dilema last night)... Have a safe trip!

Everyone else doing good?

I lost the cake weight from Monday so back down to 265.5... Now I have to see if that wedge shows up tomorrow...

ALMOST FRIDAY

and Lulu.. I cannot wait until we can celebrate your milestone. We celebrate you every day!

SW 267
CW 265.5 (-1.5 Cake Weight)
GW 262 and a Happy Sue! (I rhyme)

Last edited by wannaskipandlaugh; 05-09-2013 at 08:22 AM.
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:20 AM   #19  
Tel

S/C/G: 317/304.6/145

Height: 5'4"

Ian: So cool to see another Marylander on here! I've been in MD for nearly 13 years... started out in MoCo (Silver Spring) and steadily migrated north to get away from steep housing prices that come from being too near to DC. I commute all the way to AACo, so I didn't quite escape the DC Metro commute. Ah well! Hope all is well on your work trip - Istanbul and Turkey - how exciting!

Sue: I, too, hope I can be a strong competitior in the race to lose 5 lbs. I am typically a slow loser, but I'm inside of my first two weeks back on the diet in a strict way, so I probably still have water weight to shed. Congrats on losing the "cake weight" - lol.

Lulu: What a wonderful milestone to reach! 200 is awesome, but 199.9 will make you feel so incredible, and 25 lbs in 5 months is also awesome! Great work!

For me, today... I got a bit of a woosh. Like I mentioned above, I'm still early in correcting my eating habits, so this might be water weight. Usually I'm a slow loser. But I'm thrilled to be able to say:

Start weight: 309.2
Current weight: 304.6
Goal weight: 304.2

Don't hang up your towels, yet, though. My body loves to trick me, so this is still anyone's game!
Telorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:20 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 80kg/79kg/60kg

Height: 175cm

I will join the next one for sure, just hope I'll catch the day 1. I could use the extra motivation.

Last edited by mamarozi; 05-09-2013 at 08:21 AM.
mamarozi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:08 PM   #21  

Height: 5"6

Hey everyone! Glad to see more people in here i am down to 173.4 today 169.9 will mean 5 lbs
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:32 PM   #22  
Sue finding inner song

Yeah Northernchick!! Well done.....Gotta get ahead of that darn IAN..... he is just swooshing like crazy (I am sure tomorrow after today's blip)

We are kind of in the hinterlands here.... But its nice and cozy here too...

Hope everyone has a good night and lets see wonderful nos tomorrow.... I am afraid as I know I have the cake from last night going to visit me on the scale tomorrow... I was always told that if you ate bad it took 2 days to show up on the scale.... is that true? Betcha its water... LOL
Old 05-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #23  
Christine =)

S/C/G: 247/199.5/160

I finally forced myself to recommit to the plan today...

SW: 211
GW: 206
happierme88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:47 PM   #24  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Thanks Sue and Tel.

Bad day for me today. I have never seen such volatility! Up 3lbs! I did have a bad lunch yesterday (lamb, bread) which was salty and there was the flight as well. But not really sure what is going on.

Wow.

Starting weight:217.8lbs
5/8 - 217.4lbs
5/9 - 218.4lbs
5/10 - 221.4lbs

Goal weight: 212.8lbs

Last edited by IanG; 05-09-2013 at 11:48 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:29 AM   #25  
Enjoying the journey

For the first time in almost 10 years my weight starts with a "1"!! Reporting 199 this morning!! My BMI has gone from 37 to 33!!

Wannaskipandlaugh Thanks as always for all of your support - it keeps me going!! I celebrate you too - 41 pounds down is so awesome!! True Confession: My birthday is in July and I had been planning an indulgence - some homemade birthday cake from my mom - but I am rethinking because of your experience - I am totally afraid it will derail me and I won't get back on track!! I LOVE carbs but they don't love me!!

Telorida Thank you for the kind words
Old 05-10-2013, 07:23 AM   #26  
Sue finding inner song

SW 267
269 gained 3.5 lbs last night CAKE ARGH

GW 262 and a Happy Sue! (I rhyme)

and A BIG TIME YELL to LULU!! She is in ONDERLAND... OH WOW... This has been such a great and wonderful week for you... Oh WOW
It is so cool to see this for you Just a side note.... all the weight you lost I found LOL OH LULU YEAH !!

IAN... STOP IT.. it seems when you gain I do too except MORE... I went from 265.5 back up to 269 REALLY that 2nd slice of cake has come home to haunt me... Funny as that was my whole dinner.. so I was still under 1600 calories (usually around 1400) so really? and you too up 3 REALLY? Maybe its the water and maybe its our mind. My only other thing is I did not get much sleep last night... only 2-3 hours total.... was up every hour. I hope you had sleep IAN..... SIGH this too shall pass as they say but still...
BUT WE HAVE LULU to look at for inspiration!!

Telorida... Keep going and Happierme...its time to start again.... Me too... Tho I had this setback... But we can do it! Mamarozi.... YOU can start now..... We did just start on Monday... So join on in!!

Last edited by wannaskipandlaugh; 05-10-2013 at 07:26 AM.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:00 AM   #27  
Tel

S/C/G: 317/304.6/145

Height: 5'4"

Lulu: Oh my gosh, congrats!! And I agree with you about "I love carbs, but they don't love me". So many good things happen when I cut out the carbs. My IBS stops, my painful inflammation goes down a bit, and of course, the weight just starts to fall off. Unfortunately, I punctuate my journey with too many indulgences, so it is slow going. I am trying to stay on plan much better this time around, though.

Ian: Sorry to hear you had a rough day! Air travel always makes me retain extra water (not sure why), so maybe that's part of it. My rings didn't fit well for a day or two after I got home from my honeymoon. 10 days back on diet and they will hardly stay on again.

Sue: It's the water. I read that our bodies need more water to process carbs. That's why the water weight wooshes off in the first few weeks when our bodies realize we're not needing it as much. Think about it this way - you were less than 200 calories over your usual. That comes out to what...? 0.05 lbs if my math isn't off. You know logically that you didn't put on 3.5 lbs of fat. You're just holding water "in case you need it again". It will pass in a few days.

Happierme: I know it's hard to get back into the swing of things, but it can be done. You can do it!

---

As for me, I'm still moving in the right direction right now, but not far enough to end this challenge (yet). I'm close, though!

Start weight: 309.2
Current weight: 304.4 (-4.8)
Goal weight: 304.2

This evening I'll be having guests over, so I stocked up on nuts, cheese and veggies, and other low-carb snacks for myself. Everyone else can have the carbs and bloat up because of them.

My real challenge on the weekends though is water. I am great about water at work - it's in my routine. But it is so difficult to get into the swing of it on the weekends when I'm out and about so much. I'll keep working on it.

Take care, everyone, and have a great weekend!
Telorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:57 PM   #28  
Sue finding inner song

LuLu NH check out the Support Group thread 100LB club I created a thread congratulating you... Hope its ok.... Everyone is thrilled for you!!
Old 05-11-2013, 04:59 AM   #29  
Enjoying the journey

Telorida -I think indulgences are part of life - so don't beat yourself up. I am "enjoying the journey" this time - I don't want to feel deprived and I want to really make a lifestyle change - eat on plan as much as possible, lose weight and exercise. My husband had emergency surgery in December and the anesthesiologist really read us the riot act about losing weight and the benefits!! It was a wake up call - although my husband hasn't quite figured out his plan yet! - (Atkins would never be his plan). The loss has been slow for me too - I was so frustrated when I saw Sharon Osborne hawking Atkins Nutritionals on TV last night "23 pounds in 6 weeks" I actually yelled at the TV because my reality is 26 pounds in 17 weeks!!

Happierme You CAN do it!!!

Ian Wishing you good news today!!

Wannaskipandlaugh It's water!! Good news is just around the corner for you too!! and I will check out the thread!!
Old 05-11-2013, 07:54 AM   #30  
Sue finding inner song

SW 267
CW 267 YEAH Lost 2 lbs of my "cake weight" Wow.. Just need to lose the last 1 1/2 YEP Its gonna happen

GW 262

Lulu NH I am still so happy and proud of you

IAN? Did you lose some of that extra water? I did and I hope you did too! Watch out for all the "evil Eyes" around Ankara.. I know its a girlie thing.. but they have need beads and jewelry there (so my mom told me)

Teorida... OH I hope it is a GREAT day for you today... Happy life and happy scale reading and maybe a WINNER???

Happierme I hope yesterday recommiting was easy for you so today will be easy. Today you can be lighter!!

Have a fun day all... .I am going to Disney W as my friend wants to change his annual pass into a Fast pass annual pass and his car is not dependable. I hope to walk some big time milleage around Boardwalk and avoid that darn bakery and candy store.... much less ESPN zone ArGH... but there are hills on both sides of the lake.. so good for the muscles

Last edited by wannaskipandlaugh; 05-11-2013 at 07:54 AM.