Old 04-26-2013, 05:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/207/140

Height: 5'5

Default Not as fast as the first time?

I started Atkins a couple years ago, for the first time, and started seeing a good amount of weight fall off, almost immediately. I lost about 30 pounds on it, but due to slowly letting carbs back into my life, gained back all of that. I have tried to restart induction several times, but never stick with it. I'm back on now and determined to make this time the one. (Although summer is tricky with the lure of summertime drinking and eating.) I noticed, though, that the weight isn't coming off as fast as it had before. I also feel that when I'm not following low carb, it comes back even quicker than before I ever started low carb. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there some science behind it? I wish carbs weren't so delicious...
ohmanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

Height: 5'4"

Volek and Phinney. They published two books on low carbohydrate living and performance. They do research into Atkins. There is some memory for low carb, but a couple of years seem like a long gap. It may just be the age factor. It does get harder to loose.
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:50 PM   #3  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/low-...-low-carb.html

http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/goldenshot.html
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:14 PM   #4  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

The first time I did Atkins I lost about 14 lbs in a month. I had already lost some weight, was sitting at around 160 and stuck and used Atkins to see if my weight would budge. I stopped doing it when I got to 146 lbs because I felt happy with where I was, but I did slowly gain back 20 lbs over 6 months. That was my own fault, I wasn't even calorie counting and I was just eating whatever.

I've never had a dramatic loss like that since then, but I still lose very well on Atkins. I've been doing it on and off for over a year now, with most of the year on the diet. Once every so often I take a few days to eat a little more freely but still track everything. I've been able to go on and off and still maintain while off, and have a water drop when I go back on and lose steadily.

So for me, never like that first time but still great results. I can't complain! It's helped me come this far.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #5  
Gettin' my JIGGLE Gone!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I've gone on and off induction lots of times in the past. In the short amount of time I did the on-and-off thing, probably in a month or two, the weight-loss slowed at a great rate. So I gave up, because I didn't see those first 20 lbs magically fly off as they had before.

This time (now on day 3 of induction) almost a year or so later, the pounds (even though they are likely water at this early point) seem to be coming off quickly again.

Carbs are EVIL, lol. They make you gain back all your weight and then some!
Renniekins is offline   Reply With Quote