3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Atkins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/)
-   -   Losing over a pound a day..not enough water?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins/279331-losing-over-pound-day-not-enough-water.html)

happierme88 04-08-2013 11:56 AM

Losing over a pound a day..not enough water??

Soo Im on day 11 of Atkins Induction, and I think Ive lost about 14 pounds. Not sure of the exact number because Im visiting family and am weighing in on a scale that is at least 2 pounds lighter than my home scale. Im not complaining about the weight loss, Im quite happy, but Im not sure why the weight loss hasnt slowed down yet. Im eating between 1200-1700 calories a day (rough estimate) and I havent really been exercising, so Im wondering if maybe Im not drinking enough. Ive been trying to drink at least eight 8oz cups of pure water a day, and on top of that I usually have a cup of coffee in the morning and a diet soda in the afternoon. Is this enough liquids?

Thanks =)

TripSwitch 04-08-2013 12:46 PM

Well I'm sure that you're aware that majority of that "weight" loss is water... and from what you describe it sounds like you're getting enough water... unless you feel like you might be dehydrated it doesn't sound like much of a problem...

Personally, I go by a pretty simple rule of thumb... I drink enough water that I'm peeing about every 2hrs or so, during the day... and that it's not concentrated looking...

wannaskipandlaugh 04-08-2013 08:14 PM

Happierme88...... Tripswitch is right.... as long as you are drinking enough to pee... that is good! Alittle more couldn't hurt, but the first 2 weeks is a major loss. Your cells just give up that water that they are holding. After the 2 weeks it will slow down and depending on your age (older people like me... it slowssss waayyyyy down) you will lose from 1-3 lbs a week with some up weeks and some not so up weeks. This happens as your body is used to the food you are feeding it. But it does work! :)

Jersey Girl probably tells it the best. I hope she answers your inquery too!

pumpkin2 04-08-2013 11:34 PM

Induction

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS INDUCTION PHASE, i JUST CANT SEEM TO GET PAST THE 2ND DAY. WHAT DID YOU GUYS EAT THE FIRST 14 DAYS? i HAVEN'T LOST A POUND IN 3 YRS. i LOST 45 OF THE 90 LBS THAT i NEEDED TO LOSE AND STOPPED SOLID COLD. I'M TRYING TO GET IT MOVING AGAIN THANKS!

wannaskipandlaugh 04-09-2013 07:18 AM

Hello Pumpkin2.......

If you can... try reading the "old" atkins books (Older than 2002) and follow exactly what it says to eat. The new Atkins book allows for the bars etc and you don't lose as fast. Drink WATER.. That helps to flush out the fat and water that you are holding and the best thing I can think of,,,, is just don't dwell on what you cannot eat. It makes it easier on your mind and you should make it thru day 2 and beyond! But please follow the old 1972 if possible Atkins book! You can do it!!!

happierme88 04-09-2013 06:12 PM

Thanks for the advice. Ill chalk this success to losing water weight and enjoy it while it lasts =)

Pumpkin2, I agree with wannaskipandlaugh. I would start by reading the Atkins book from 2002. I read that back in highschool when I had about 20 pounds to lose and had success with it, albeit, it took a a couple months to lose it.
This time around, Im not really following the outline set up in the book to an absolute tee, but my daily diet is pretty close to that recommended in the book. A typical day for me is 2 eggs in the morning with a serving of cheese plus a coffee with 1 tablespoon of cream and 2 tsp of splenda. Lunch is either chicken or fish with salad with a diet coke. For a snack, Ill have 1-2 servings of cheese with a serving of lunch meat, and dinner generally consists of meat or fish and a large serving of vegetables. Im very careful about portion sizes, because it is really easy to consume a lot of calories by eating cheese and red meats without realizing it. And when I have days where Im extra hungry, I fill up on veggies. I drink a lot of water, which definitely helps. I hope this helps! Good luck!

wangela87 04-09-2013 06:30 PM

Yeah, I also agree that reading the older version of the book would give you more ideas on what to eat on the first few days. However, I personally prefer drinking water than diet sodas. This is because even if it says "diet" it still has hidden calories to it. If you really want to drink something aside from water, I think fresh fruit juice is much better as this will also help detox your body.

As for coffee, I think it's not counted in your liquid intake since it's diuretic so it makes you lose water instead of adding. In my own experience, any diet plan that works for you will be more effective if you also exercise :exercise: or have an active lifestyle.

:goodluck:

sweetandspicy 04-10-2013 11:33 AM

Today is my first day. I did atkins about 15 year ago and had success. So I decided to try it again. I have tried every diet known to man with some success on each one but i can not stick to anything. I did get the atkins book, but it is the new book and every website i have read today says go with the old!!! so i guess starting tomorrow i will go with the old way. I planned my day today with one atkins bar and i have to eat it or i will starve at work, but tomorrow i will plan better. Another obstacle i have is that i am lactose intolerant. I can eat some cheese without distress, so to much cheese will not be an issue. The biggest obstacle is that i am not a vegetable fan, i will eat them, just not like wow im lovin this spinach.

any help,suggestions, encouragement will be greatly appreciated!!

amy

wannaskipandlaugh 04-10-2013 05:52 PM

:welcome2: sweetandspicy :)

I too do NOT like veggies and only eat romaine and green beans... But I take a fiber supplement that helps. I know if I ate more veggies I would be better off... but in 54 + years,.. I have never liked them. Just do what you can and be happy..... Don't overdo the protein and drink lots and lots of water... That is a miracle all by itself and stay away (if you can) from the sugar alcohols... they slow the loss down.

:welcome2: and I cannot wait to see your wonderful results happening!!

ohmanda 04-10-2013 07:07 PM

I know the cover of A New Atkins For a New You says lose up to 15lbs in 2 weeks, so you should be fine. I always lose pretty quickly when I restart doing low carb, mostly because of the water weight. I think I read that eating carbs makes your body hold on to water.