Atkins '72

• Hello,

Could some one tell me if you have any Atkins book what kinds of method of cooking do you use. I don't know if I skipped it in my '72 book or what. After several years of not doing low carb, I must to stop my diabetes type 2 medications. I am controlled now, but my doctor and I agree it would be best to get controlled and loose this belly of mine and feel better.

I know frying, baking, broiling and barbecue and boiling are good. Can you add any more. Thanks, Melsie
  • I can't think of any more methods to be honest. Pickled meat? Haha I'm kidding off course.

But the 72' version is the way to go in my opinion...

All the best.
  • Melsie52.. I think you have it covered as to how to cook the allowed food I don't think that there is any other way. Just remember that you can use Butter (ahhhhh the golden stuff) and try and avoid Artificial Sweetners if you can. But Atkins '72 is the original and the best info \

Can't wait to see your ticker go down down down!
  • You can barbeque foods as well.

Oops...sorry....you already said that. What about steaming?
  • Canadian are you in Canada. If yes I know dr Atkins was really supportive of a sweetener that got banned from USA but still legal in Canada. I wonder if it tastes better than Splenda or sacchirin
  • Quote: Canadian are you in Canada. If yes I know dr Atkins was really supportive of a sweetener that got banned from USA but still legal in Canada. I wonder if it tastes better than Splenda or sacchirin
    Yes, I am in Canada. I live in Ontario, Canada.

I believe you might be talking about the sweetener called Sweet'N Low. I cannot tell you how it tastes compared to Splenda or Sacchirin because we do not use artificial sweeteners in our household.