3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Carb Counters > Atkins

Old 01-21-2013, 09:10 AM   #91

Hey yall. I've been MIA here on this board. My mood gets so low on LC. It is the diet I need, but carbs bring up the serotonin level and without them I'm very down. I'm seeing my doctor today. I need to get back on Lexapro anyway for PMS and I know I'm a little depressed. I think once my mood stabilizes I will be able to do this. I know LC can help some people with their moods, but for me it makes me irritable and down. I really want to do this because I think this is the best diet for me, especially with my PCOS and insulin resistance. Hopefully I will be back soon! Keep up the great work!
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:12 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieM View Post
ForeverMercy, they stall me too so I don't have them! Sometimes I'll have the shakes but I try not to buy them at all.

GoodApple, welcome! I don't eat gluten either, I feel so much better without it. Good luck on your goal!

I thought more about last night, I did dance a lot so that exercise might have helped my weight drop. I'm on steroids until Thursday, and even though they are being tapered off they still make me feel crappy. Tomorrow my daughter will go to daycare and I'm going to make low carb chili in the crockpot and lift some weights and clean the house. I'm getting to a low enough weight that if I don't get serious about strength training again, I'm going to end up skinny fat.
what is your recipe for LC chili? I really want some chili! I'm gluten free also and some of the chili seasoning packages contain wheat
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:14 AM   #93
I can, I will, I do

S/C/G: Goal: 130

Height: 5'6"

my goal is 265.5

SW: 275
CW: 264 (GOAL MET BEFORE V-DAY!)

Last edited by Avezy44; 02-09-2013 at 05:34 PM.
Avezy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:30 AM   #94
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

GoodApple, if you don't have any muscle, even at a smaller weight you will look soft and squishy. It happens to some people who don't exercise. Even though I was strength training last time I was skinny fat at 146 lbs. I want to look good when I get to a lower weight.

Violet73, I hope you are feeling better soon! This is the site I'm using, http://peaceloveandlowcarb.blogspot....l#.UP1eDGf0f-J

166.8 this morning, which isn't so bad. I was still feeling horribly yesterday. The steroids are making my anxiety horrible, I feel like I can't breath and I feel like I'm getting sick. I started feeling so nauseated last night I laid in bed and ate rice crackers, and then when my husband got home I had him make me gluten free toast with peanut butter. Definitely not low carb, so being a lb higher than yesterday isn't so bad. Back to LC today. My daughter is at daycare so I can rest and hopefully feel better and get some cleaning done, and hopefully get a workout in.

Lost weight in 2010, had a baby and lost it again, had another baby and now I'm back! My mini goal photos from when I first lost weight here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...ml#post3535492
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:21 PM   #95

S/C/G: 187/187/140

Height: 5ft4.5in

Ugh, so for some reason when I did my WI on Saturday morning it didn't show a loss at all--not even the pound from the week before! Sure wish the water weight (I could tell I ate carbs cuz my face had the chunky look again) would go away just as fast as it comes on! lol So hopefully next WI is better.

Valentines Day Challenge:
BrenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:59 PM   #96
I can and will do this!

S/C/G: Goal is to reach 170

Hi everybody. I am sorry for MIA for a while. I have been really sick with an ear infection, headaches, fever, throat ache, etc. Am on antibiotics an have had more than the allotted number of carbs as I used raw garlic (natural antibiotic) in my eating and had toast with soup.
StephM, hope that you will finish the steroids soon and that side effects will end.
THANK YOU so much for the website link...it has some great recipes. I saved it and will use it for sure later when I am a small Lady like yourself! .....when the carb intake can be a little more than 20 per day.
I agree with skinny fat.....we need to exercise for so many reasons!
Best of luck to you Violet73; stick with it and hopefully - with the right combo of what the doctor says - the mood will be a positive one!

Am back on it now....still on meds but feeling a little better.
Welcome to everybody new here and congrats to you all who stayed on track.

Last edited by futurehealthyme; 01-21-2013 at 05:03 PM.
futurehealthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:54 PM   #97
Losing the baby weight

futurehealthyme, I don't think I've been called a small lady before, unless someone is referring to my height! haha. Thanks for the compliment I did some research on prednisone and it seems like a lot of people get sick coming off of it and have horrible anxiety and panic attacks like I've been having.

Lost weight in 2010, had a baby and lost it again, had another baby and now I'm back! My mini goal photos from when I first lost weight here:
Old 01-21-2013, 09:23 PM   #98
I can and will do this!

S/C/G: Goal is to reach 170

No M'am...not your height but your weight! It is a fact...you are one small Lady on your way of becoming even smaller!
It is good to know - I think - that the side effects you are experiencing are not uncommon.....and that they will pass.
futurehealthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:08 PM   #99
Losing the baby weight

I was almost 200 lbs when I started Atkins a year ago. I've been doing it on and off since then. I'd probably be much smaller if I didn't take so many breaks, but I'm okay with that As long as I'm not going backwards.

Oh, and that chili is good! I calculated it all on MFP and made it into 8 servings, and it was about 8 or 9 grams net after the fact. I now have leftovers for tomorrow and my husband liked it so much he wants me to make chili for him to take to work He says it's much better than the canned stuff and you don't miss the beans.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:08 AM   #100

S/C/G: 291.3/236.1/150

welcome to the new members

down 1.4 this week yay -

vi I hope your doctor was able to help - are there any supplements you can take - I switched to liquid vitamins and back on my cod liver oil - which means I have one swallow of oj after my cod liver oil each day - I decided that my need for CLO outweighed the one small swallow of oj
Old 01-22-2013, 10:20 AM   #101
Losing the baby weight

Good job, Rho!

166.4 today. Yesterday was about 25 net carbs so that's not bad. Still down from yesterdays weight. I need to get back into ketosis after my rough day/night of not feeling well.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:25 PM   #102

S/C/G: 162/149/125

Height: 5'1"

Default Disappointed and frustrated

I'm still in induction and for the first 10 days I lost about 7-8lbs... The last 4 days I haven't lost anything! In fact I think I gained a lb back!
I'm part of a program and am DREADING weigh in this Friday!

I dont know what else to do! I've maintained ketosis and kept carbs in the 20's (I do subtract fiber).

The whole point of being on this diet was to lose the weight faster than when I calorie counted. If I keep going days with no results, I really dont see why I should stay on diet that is so expensive and restrictive.

I'm just frustrated and really disappointed. No where near getting to my Valentine's Day goal at this rate.

Last edited by Forevermercy; 01-22-2013 at 08:28 PM.
Forevermercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:24 PM   #103
Losing the baby weight

Forevermercy, if the diet makes you miserable then why be on it? Yes, all the fresh meat, cheese, veggies, etc can get expensive. But if it doesn't feel great to eat this way, then it might not be the diet for you. I feel awesome when I low carb, I have little to no hunger, more energy and I get less bloated.

It's not for everyone, and you shouldn't do a diet simply because you think it will get you there quicker. Choose something you can maintain for life because even when you get to your goal weight you can't go back to eating the way you were. That's how you got overweight in the first place.

It's normal to drop a large amount of water weight at first, and if you overeat on low carb you can still stall out. Why not tell us what your daily menu looks like and we can see if we can help find out why you haven't lost? But if you aren't happy then I suggest choosing another diet.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:25 PM   #104
Losing the baby weight

Today's weigh in is 166.6. I overate a little yesterday. Trying a new broccoli and cheese soup recipe for dinner tonight. Bought New Rules of Lifting Supercharged for a new program to try, hoping to get into my first workout today but I still have a lot of reading left.

Old 01-24-2013, 12:20 PM   #105
Losing the baby weight

166.4 today. Wasn't able to get into my workout yesterday, there was a lot of reading left. It's a customizable workout plan that gives you guidelines to build based on your skill level. I'm almost done building my Basic Training I workout and will start it tomorrow