Old 01-07-2013, 12:38 AM   #46  
I can and will do this!

S/C/G: Goal is to reach 170

Default fun ideas for exercising

Just wanted to share that - if you like Zumba - you can go on youtube and watch complete dances/routines while you have fun, sweat and laugh at yourself....in your own home
futurehealthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:48 AM   #47  

Hey everyone! How did the weekend go? TOM is about to be here for me so I'm retaining fluid (joy). I'm pushing my weigh in back a week so I won't be disappointed. Welcome to all new people who joined in! I'm so glad you guys joined in
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:07 AM   #48  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

Violet, I got my TOM yesterday morning, and it's a bad one. I just blew up with bloat yesterday and then I woke up at 2:30 am this morning and there was so much blood. I feel horrible.

Today is the first day without a loss, I'm 170.0. I blame my TOM, especially since when I got up at 2:30 I chugged two big glasses of water and then weighed in at 5 am. I can tell I'm retaining water, my stomach is so full looking/feeling right now.

Fingers crossed for a nice drop when this is done!
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:21 AM   #49  

Steph, sorry it's a miserable time for you I bet you have a woosh in a few days! I hate feeling bloated too! BOOOO!!! In a few days it will all be better
Old 01-07-2013, 01:45 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 250/Ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Alright ladies - I'm ba-ack! I'm jumping in a week late, however I did start LC again on the 1st so I'm just slightly into ketosis now.

My overall goals are 1) keeping with Induction, 2) losing 10 lbs, and 3) getting my arse back to the gym.

I made a personal Thanksgiving goal of signing up for the gym - which I did - but between holiday travels and holiday sickness (all 4 of us with the flu) - and general holiday laziness - I haven't made it back.

A new year - a new goal - and a new us!
davematthewsband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:27 AM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by davematthewsband View Post
Alright ladies - I'm ba-ack! I'm jumping in a week late, however I did start LC again on the 1st so I'm just slightly into ketosis now.

My overall goals are 1) keeping with Induction, 2) losing 10 lbs, and 3) getting my arse back to the gym.

I made a personal Thanksgiving goal of signing up for the gym - which I did - but between holiday travels and holiday sickness (all 4 of us with the flu) - and general holiday laziness - I haven't made it back.

A new year - a new goal - and a new us!
Glad you joined us here! The flu has been awful here in town. I read that the flu shot doesn't even help against the strain that is active right now. I sure hope my daughter and I don't get it! Glad you made it back and now you're on track

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurehealthyme View Post
Hi davematthewsband and Violet73!
Hi StephanieM..hope that you had a good interview. I am sorry that you are feeling "off" with TOM...I can relate....can't we all?
Hang in there, it will soon be better.
I have been very good with my eating and even walked longer and faster than usual today (4 miles per hour)....I guess watching Jillian (recorded Biggest Loser) yelling at everybody kept me going ........hahaahaha
Same weight....cheating 3 night ago still impacted my daily weigh in......
I didn't give up though......This would have been the first step.......no results, give up.....well, I didn't!
We'll see......
We can do it!
I watch The Biggest Loser too! I sure wish I had Jillian yell at me. My basketball coaches were always mean and yelled so I respond to that and do better. Some people crumble and cry. Nope, not me. It makes me work harder. Too many trainers are just too nice. I need someone yelling in my face HA! I'm glad you didn't give up and you worked through that. That's a big step! Believe me, I know!

I do have limitations now though. I have RA and fibromyalgia so it makes it hard to exercise too much. I walk though. If I had a pool that would be best. We don't even have a public pool in town that I could use, so walking it is. It's better than nothing. Oh, and I'm going to start some beginner's yoga from a DVD I bought.

Last edited by Violet73; 01-08-2013 at 07:38 AM.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:16 AM   #52  
Losing the baby weight

170.4 today, still on my period and I worked out yesterday doing 30DS. My legs and abs are really sore so I'm guessing my muscles are retaining some water.

Today is my interview! Here's to hoping I do well!
Old 01-08-2013, 04:58 PM   #53  
I can and will do this!

Fingers crossed StephanieM!
Good for you Violet73 for finding what works for you. You inspire me to keep going considering your medical concerns and your will power to still find and way to exercise so THANK YOU!
....I wish I had a pool of my own........daydreaming here!
I lost a pound today....thank God that I am done with that stall ....all my fault for cheating 3 days ago. That means I lost 5 pounds in a week with 3 days of stall due to one bad cheat!
I decided to get up at 6 and do my walking in the morning before work since I am usually tired in the evening and I still want to fit in PowerHalfHour or pilates dvd or something.
I need to cook for the following days...as I ran out or prepared foods. It sure helps when I just need to open the fridge and grab piece of chicken or something premade.
: to us all!!!

Last edited by futurehealthyme; 01-08-2013 at 05:02 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:22 AM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieM View Post
170.4 today, still on my period and I worked out yesterday doing 30DS. My legs and abs are really sore so I'm guessing my muscles are retaining some water.

Today is my interview! Here's to hoping I do well!
I hope your interview went well! When will you know if you got the job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurehealthyme View Post
Fingers crossed StephanieM!
Good for you Violet73 for finding what works for you. You inspire me to keep going considering your medical concerns and your will power to still find and way to exercise so THANK YOU!
....I wish I had a pool of my own........daydreaming here!
I lost a pound today....thank God that I am done with that stall ....all my fault for cheating 3 days ago. That means I lost 5 pounds in a week with 3 days of stall due to one bad cheat!
I decided to get up at 6 and do my walking in the morning before work since I am usually tired in the evening and I still want to fit in PowerHalfHour or pilates dvd or something.
I need to cook for the following days...as I ran out or prepared foods. It sure helps when I just need to open the fridge and grab piece of chicken or something premade.
: to us all!!!
Thanks so much. It's rainy here and my fibro is flaring. I just want to curl up in a ball, but I have to work booooo! Oh well, life goes on I hope to get in some yoga tonight. I went to bed early last night, just so tired...
Old 01-09-2013, 09:33 AM   #55  
Losing the baby weight

I did good on my interview! I actually got this job before, but I was (very) pregnant when I started and was only there four months because I went on mat leave. The interview was short and she told me she can't see a reason why I wouldnt' get the job, they just have to do my background check and check my references and then confirm with me I passed that all before, so why not now?

She said the woman doing all the checking is new and has a lot on her plate so at the latest I'll know two weeks before it starts which is Feb 11th.

170.0 this morning, halfway back down from that pound I gained back. Muscles are still very sore so I guess they are retaining water.

Last edited by StephanieM; 01-09-2013 at 09:34 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:32 PM   #56  
I can and will do this!

StephanieM!
Another good day here!
.5 lost since yesterday. Got home from work and am now getting my 3 mile walk. I did get up at 5:45 am but didn't feel like walking..Oh well, morning/night......just getting it done. I feel great, no hunger pains or cravings at this point. I even made cinnamon bread from scratch for my hubby and didn't have ONE bite I was so proud of myself...the house smelled divine.....but I made it through just fine.
Today I had chicken for breakfast, salad for lunch and am having fish and green beans for dinner with my yummy sugar free jello after.
Hope all is well with you all.
Talk later!
Old 01-10-2013, 11:38 AM   #57  
Losing the baby weight

Muscles aren't as sore and TOM is finally over and I got my whoosh!

168.4! A new low
Old 01-10-2013, 08:21 PM   #58  

Height: 5'9"

I just started my TOM and dropped to 182. I'm highly speptical that I lost 6 lbs in 4 days, so I must be one of those people who retain water the week before TOM and let it all go when it begins.

Today was my 1st day back at school, this time with my boyfriend. We're about a decade apart in age, so when I started high school he was long gone. I'm over 18 so I signed up at an adult education centre with him. I never thought that we'd have the opportunity to go to school together, let alone sit together in math class, so I'm pretty happy about this! In 3 months I should finally have my diploma.

Anyway, my goal for this challenge was to lose 18lbs, now I have 12 left to lose.....I'm not sure if it can be done in 35 days but I'm giving it my best shot (the healthy way)!

Last edited by SugarSpell; 01-10-2013 at 08:51 PM.
SugarSpell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:08 PM   #59  
I can and will do this!

Hi everybody!
Weight going down....love seeing that myself, StephanieM!
SugarSpell, you are probably right....but hey, weight down.....that is all that matters!
Good luck on your classes SugarSpell!
12 pounds is doable but you have to consider that you are small already. I think that the bigger one is the faster the weight is lost in the beginning and then......slowing way down. I agree that we must do it the healthy way!
I am losing a lot more now based on my eight than I will later, I am fully aware of that!
.9 lost here....236.6. Last night I didn't walk 3 miles but walked 35 minutes at 8 incline. Tonight, I am not sure I will at all as I am really tired.
Violet73, I hope all is well with you with the rain and flareups are subsiding!
All the best to all of you!
Talk tomorrow!
Old 01-11-2013, 10:34 AM   #60  
I can and will do this!

235.8 this morning from 236.6 yesterday morning.
Have a great day everybody!