3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Carb Counters > Atkins

Old 02-09-2013, 09:11 PM   #151
I can and will do this!

S/C/G: Goal is to reach 170

Hi everybody!
Thank you Violet73 and StephanieM for the encouraging words.
Minus 15 this morning, finished 4 mile walk (fast then slow and at 8 incline) rather than 5 miles but still burnt 500 cal.
Weekends are hard for me....during the week I am so busy at work that I never overeat......weekends are way harder to manage.
So far, so good.........
Before posting I was thinking of a a peanut butter sandwich. I went and got the biggest glass of water and entered the forum. My desire or wish to have bread went out the window. THANK GOD!
rho1640, I hope all is well with you are that you and your dear ones are safe.
LuluNH You are so right about mini-goals. When one has a lo to lose, mini-goals are so much better that the final number which can be daunting!
Have a good weekend ladies, congrats to you all sticking with a healthy low carb eating and exercise routine.
All the best!
PS: Have a wonderful first day back to work, StephanieM!

Last edited by futurehealthyme; 02-09-2013 at 09:18 PM.
futurehealthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:49 AM   #152
Enjoying the journey

S/C/G: 225/192/170

Height: 5-5.5

StephanieM and futurehealthyme - So encouraging to hear about your workouts - I try to walk with my husband for 30 minutes/5 days a week but on Thursday it flurried and I slipped on some ice I didn't see in our driveway. I really knocked my head/arm/back and I am still sore. I haven't walked since Thursday - but I plan to start again on Monday.

futurehealthyme
- I was craving bread this weekend too when I was having some homemade chicken soup. I was able to stay on plan. I went to all the trouble to make low-carb soup so I remembered WOE "for life" to get over myself!! but I'm going to add a glass of water next time!!!

I have to travel for work for the next few weeks and I am worried about eating out at restaurants and getting off track in general. I would like to see 209 this month!! My 22W jeans are loose and my 20W jeans are comfortable. I'm an apple shape so it takes longer for my waist to thin out compared to my legs.
Lulu NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:45 AM   #153
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

futurehealthyme, that sounds like a good walk! And I'm glad the forum can be a good support system for you. And thanks! I start tomorrow and I'm a little nervous even though I've done this all before. Training with 11 other new people is like going to a new school the first day. You spend 12 weeks together, mostly in class and it totally reminds me of high school.

Lulu NH, ouch! I've slipped on the ice before, and it's not fun! Where I live it snows 6 months out of the year and near the end of my pregnancy I felt pretty badly on the ice. Glad you are getting back to walking ! Every little bit helps, burns more, and makes you healthier.

Eating out on Atkins can be tricky, I usually stick to salads when we eat out. I'm an apple shape as well! Pants that fit my legs never fit my tummy. Even now at my weight I'm pretty much all tummy and boobs, no butt, and nice legs. If my tummy was smaller I could probably fit an 11 or 10, but right now I wear a 12 that's kind of tight around the tummy but fits a little loose everywhere else.

Lost weight in 2010, had a baby and lost it again, had another baby and now I'm back! My mini goal photos from when I first lost weight here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...ml#post3535492
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:47 AM   #154
Losing the baby weight

Oh, and my weigh in! I weighed in at 165.0 today. I completely understand it though, and I was expecting it. Dinner at the in laws and I ran intervals yesterday. I also cheated a little and had 2 and a half glasses of wine with MIL. My carbs were still under 30 net though.

Today I'm going to be on plan and drinking lots of water and hoping to flush some of the water weight out.

Lost weight in 2010, had a baby and lost it again, had another baby and now I'm back! My mini goal photos from when I first lost weight here:
Old 02-10-2013, 04:55 PM   #155
I can and will do this!

Have a wonderful week with good health, exercise and low carb eating!

Last edited by futurehealthyme; 02-16-2013 at 05:05 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:49 PM   #156

S/C/G: 162/149/125

Height: 5'1"

Hi ladies! Hope you all had a good weekend!
Mine.. not so much... I was super stressed and tired and just too tired to fight... Ended up eating around 60-70 carbs both Friday and Saturday.
I nearly kicked mysefl outta ketosis and probably gained a lbs or two over the weekend. But I weighed 148.8 (for the bazillionth time) this morning.
Well, at least I didnt do too much damage. Definitely coulda done worse, you know?

I think my 18 month old has sleep apnea . So I'm terrified to sleep and thus low energy and low willpower. Unless by some miracle I shed around 3 lbs in the next few days I wont meet my goal! Ugh.... not good.

1st time carb counter finding my way... Goal: Be bathing suit ready by Spring!
One for every 5lbs lost:
Forevermercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:27 PM   #157

S/C/G: 187/187/140

Height: 5ft4.5in

I did a WI and I'm up to 183. So gained 2 pounds since the super bowl. I have to find a way to get back OP. I'm ok with the gain I did. My own mistake....plus I want to do this the right way. Meaning, I know I'm gonna goof up. I don't want to knock myself so out of it that I'll KEEP goofing up...and then end up giving up.

Valentines Day Challenge:
BrenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:54 PM   #158
Losing the baby weight

Just a quick check in, guys. Weighed in at 163.8 this morning, which was awesome Started my new job today, lots of orientation. Pre planned all my food and logged it the night before. Did really well today.

Only problem is I couldn't get my butt out of bed to workout at 4 am. I'm going to try again tomorrow since I was too tired to workout after work.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:55 PM   #159
Losing the baby weight

Oh, and of course we should do another challenge! What's the next holiday?

Old 02-12-2013, 12:01 AM   #160
I can and will do this!

Hello Ladies!
Forevermercy, I am sorry to hear about your baby. Hang in there and take good care of yourself! You need to be in good health and rested for yourself and your baby!
StephanieM, awesome job on your determination (sticking with it, being a mom, new job orientation, prepping foods, logging in foods eaten, etc)! WOW, WOW,WOW! I totally agree that it is hard to exercise at night....I also feel tired and must force myself...many times I don't do it and would like to wake up early. Haven't been successful with a morning routine yet.....
BrenM, we all make mistakes. You know, it was 2 pounds and not 6 or more.....really could have been worse. Now, don't stress over it and get right back on it. I love your positive attitude!
StephanieM, can't think of a holiday unless it is Easter Sunday. Other than that, we can just choose a date far away enough but not too far out like April 1 which would be about the same amount of time as we had from 1/1/ to 2/14. Just a thought...

Last edited by futurehealthyme; 02-16-2013 at 05:04 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:10 AM   #161
Enjoying the journey

Can we do a St Patrick's Day challenge? Gives us 30+ days from Valentine's Day!! I don't know how to start it though?!?

Wearing a 18W Dress Barn suit today that has sat in the closet for a few years - my daughter gave me the seal of approval this past weekend. (Elastic waist but I am very ok with that!!!)

Staying on plan and will weigh when I get home on Thursday - hope I have something good to report!!!!
Old 02-12-2013, 10:55 PM   #162
I can and will do this!

Default Aa

oops . ....posted twice so had to erase

Last edited by futurehealthyme; 02-12-2013 at 10:59 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:41 AM   #163
Enjoying the journey

Hi - I want to report I got back to my routine walk - 30 minutes yesterday and today!! Staying on plan but more fruit than I would have liked but I say WOE "For Life" - I passed on all the sweets/bread/potato/candy that have been around me this week on the road - so for me that is a success. Gonna see what the scale says tomorrow then set a goal for March 17th.

Totally agree with you futurehealthyme - this is a journey - and we should take the time to enjoy it!!!
Old 02-14-2013, 09:05 AM   #164
Enjoying the journey

Happy Valentine's Day!! 212 today!! 13 pounds less than last month!!! Seems much slower this time but so glad to see progress!!
Old 02-14-2013, 11:01 PM   #165
Losing the baby weight

Happy Valentines Day! I saw 163.6 yesterday but wasn't sure if I could believe it. Haven't seen it since so I'm sticking with the 163.8 I saw today. That means I lost about 8-10 lbs during this challenge.

Been good with food this week, just not exercising like I would like. Today I'm indulging with some chocolate wine but tomorrow it is back on plan

I think a St Patty's day challenge would be great!