Old 02-06-2013, 03:12 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 291.3/236.1/150

I'm mostly still here - have been sick and not weighing and seem to be stuck at the moment too -- I'm thinking I need to bust thru a set point since I haven't been this weight in decades -

My next challenge may be something other than weight - maybe steps per day or something -- I'm getting too focused on the number and getting discouraged I think --
rho1640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:46 PM   #137  
I can and will do this!

S/C/G: Goal is to reach 170

Also here but I felt like StephanieM did ......this thread is slow......
I am down 14 pounds total and sticking with it.
Would like a more active thread........might check others forums on low carb eating.
Take care.
Will check back each day but don't always have something to say....so I am one of the reasons it is slow!
futurehealthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:31 AM   #138  

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurehealthyme View Post
Also here but I felt like StephanieM did ......this thread is slow......
I am down 14 pounds total and sticking with it.
Would like a more active thread........might check others forums on low carb eating.
Take care.
Will check back each day but don't always have something to say....so I am one of the reasons it is slow!
wow! 14 pounds! That's awesome!
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:32 AM   #139  

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieM View Post
I feel like such a loner in this thread sometimes, since I'm the only one who does daily check ins!

165.2 this morning, still going down! Still sick but going to try and workout today.
You are doing so great! The weight going down is a wonderful thing!
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:38 AM   #140  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

Forevermercy and PrettyMom09, I find weighing in here daily even if I'm stalled or up helps me stay accountable so that's why I'm always here!

rho, that's what I did with this challenge. My goal was 1000 minutes of exercise. I figure if I can complete that goal I'll feel healthier and maybe even make my weight goal. It gave me something else to focus on too, because I'm not a failure if I'm doing well on that goal, right?

futurehealthyme, that's a great loss!

Violet, thanks!
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:38 AM   #141  
Losing the baby weight

164.6 today! Back down to where I was I'm sticking with it and going hard! I'm in a good place right now with eating right and working out regularly.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:57 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 162/149/125

Height: 5'1"

Ok so on Monday I went to another clinic (cuz the one I was using was terrible!) and they weighed me and 146.6 but my scale never goes under 148.8. This morning is said 149.4. So I never know which weight to say I am. LOL.
I gues if I average it all out I'd say I'm around 148.5? Which I'll take it! That's 3.5 lbs away from t goal!
Forevermercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:47 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 291.3/236.1/150

so waiting on the blizzard they are forecasting - oh joy - just realized I should have gotten gas today - hopefully can get some tomorrow before the snow starts -- going to be snow then rain then hammered with snow and lots and lots of wind from what they are saying -- have a knitting project and charging my kindle now -- if the power stays on it will be super ..

haven't weighed this week - tired of seeing the same number -
rho1640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:52 AM   #144  
Enjoying the journey

S/C/G: 225/192/170

Height: 5-5.5

StephanieM - I joined today to let you know there are probably many of us reading your posts and following your progress - It is very inspiring!!!I set my goal as Onderland because I wanted a reasonable goal to begin with. Onderland and indulgence are wonderful terms that I have learned on this forum - Keep up the good work!!!
Lulu NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:27 AM   #145  
Losing the baby weight

Forevermercy, that's awesome you are so close!

rho, I hear the places that are supposed to be affected by the blizzard, most places are out of gas by now. Stay safe! Don't let the scale get you down, you have come so far and you are doing so great.

Lulu NH, thank you! Looks like you are getting close to Onederland!
Old 02-08-2013, 09:30 AM   #146  
Losing the baby weight

Oh, and I got 164.0 today! I think my scale is getting a little wonky, I've had it for over three years and haven't changed the battery yet. I saw 164.4 first, then I washed my face and brushed my hair and re-weighed (weird routine I do when I'm so close to seeing a new lower number) and it said 163.6! I figured that can't be right so I got on and off a few times and it said 164.0 consistently after that.

I also took my glasses off so maybe I was just seeing things. I had to jump down to the floor and see what the number was before it disappeared, haha. Today is a lifting day and I'm going to try to run some intervals tomorrow while my step daughter is at ballet and we're hanging out at the in laws (they have a treadmill). So my weight will probably bounce up the next few days but that's fine.

I start my new job Monday!
Old 02-08-2013, 09:39 AM   #147  

S/C/G: 162/149/125

Height: 5'1"

Yayyyyyy StephanieM! That's the lowest I've heard you report! Awesome!

So last night I weighed in 151.6! But today my scale read 148.8 again before I left for work. Lord knows I never know that blasted thing will say! And its a high rated, expensive one!

And please becareful up there Lulu!
I'm down here in Florida where we're enjoying weather in the upper 70's today, so I dont envy you one bit! LOL
Forevermercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #148  
Losing the baby weight

Forevermercy, it's rare that my night time weight is lower than my morning. It's the morning time that I get the nice whoosh.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:25 AM   #149  
Enjoying the journey

S/C/G: 225/192/170

Height: 5-5.5

Happy Saturday!! Still snowing this morning and still dedicated to Atkins!!

About me: This is my second time around - It's been almost 10 years since my first time doing Atkins - I was very successful for about 2 years going from 225 to 178 and maintaining. I re-started carbs and quickly lost control. Carbs are my weakness - I am a carb addict!!

I re-started around January 7th and I'm losing slower this time but it has been easier. I like reading this forum because there seems to be a lot of practical help. I tried the shakes this time but feel they stall me and I stay away from the bars because they are too close to other foods that I tend to overeat. I am really trying to stay "whole food" as much as possible.

Weighing in: I weigh everyday but I don't want to....I get too obsessive. I have a calendar I keep on my kitchen counter and write in my official weight on Monday mornings. My goal is to get to a once per week weigh in but I'll be happy when I can go 3 days!!! I'm trying to change my mindset this time from temporary WOE to WOE "For Life"

I love the idea of mini goals - like the Valentine's Day Challenge - because it breaks things up into manageable pieces - It's encouraging for me!!
Lulu NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:24 PM   #150  
Losing the baby weight

Lulu NH, carbs are a slippery slope for me as well, it just turns into overeating in general. As for the Atkins products, the vanilla shakes seem to be okay with me, but the chocolate ones and the bars will stall me out as well.

I'm also a daily weigher, but it works for me. Having to look at the number every morning really keeps me on track. And yeah, having the mini goals does make it easier! If when I started Atkins I thought 'I have all these pounds to lose' I probably would have given up a lot sooner. Focusing on a month at a time or every 10 lbs makes the whole process much easier.

I weighed in at 164.8 this morning, which is fine. I knew I would most likely be up a bit. I had a good workout yesterday, and I had a second helping of dinner. I decided I don't eat all my calories enough and it would be good for me to have a higher calorie day. It was my home made, low carb chili so I think the salt definitely would make me retain a little.

Tonight we're having dinner at the in laws, I've stayed on plan really well all day so I'm hoping dinner tonight doesn't affect me too much. I know they are making chicken, so I will stick to that and the veggies. I even got a run in this morning as a bonus workout.

Hope you all have a good weekend!