atkins frozen meals

• Anyone tried them?
  • Oh wow, I didn't even know they made those. Where have you seen them for sale? I think I might try them out.
  • I actually found a couple at my local Wal-Mart and tried them out. They were pretty tasty! Bit more expensive than the Healthy Choice steamers I usually get, but I liked them.

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android
  • I couldn't find them at my walmart, i'll try a few more this weekend
  • I need to make some room in the freezer and get a few - for those nights you just can't bring yourself to cook or are sick -- or the nights hubs has a meeting and I don't have to cook

I've actually had a couple of bugs and would have loved them recently - it would have made it easier to stick with the plan ..
  • I didn't see them at our Walmart here yet. I'm curious to know about the ingredients. I have so many food allergies I have to be careful with frozen meals. If I find one that is gluten free and MSG free then I will try it.
  • Havent seen them but I'm in Canada which means we get things a lot later than folks in the US.

BUT...I make my own! Every Sunday I break out the Crockpot and make my own low carb meals for the week. Easy peasy and probably less expensive than the Atkins meals.
  • Simona, what kind of low carb crockpot meals do you do?
  • What I typically do is just throw a roast or some chicken breasts in there, cook it all day and then shred it and add a sauce.

Last week I used a Korean sauce - soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, green onions, splenda - mix all of those together and pour over the meat while it reheats. SOOO good!

Other sauces I'll use are homemade tomato sauce, low carb BBQ sauce, gravy [for beef roasts].

I always cook the meats plain and then shred, sauce & reheat.

ETA: I've also made a lot of chili and soups in the crockpot on weekends. LOVE Linda's Low Carb site for great recipes.
  • I have like four roasts in my deep freeze, that's a good idea for having quick and easy meat on hand. I think I'll do that tomorrow!
  • I'll have to check my local Walmart for those. I just checked Walmart online and they do look interesting.
  • My walmart doesn't have them nor do any of the supermarkets near me..I'm getting annoyed !!
  • Ditto... couldn't find them in my local walmart either even tho I saw they advertised for them!
  • I was shopping in Buffalo recently and couldn't find any to try. So disappointed.
  • The carb counts on those meals are pretty high if you're at the induction phase. For the portion size, I can get more of a meal with less carbs by making it myself.