3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Atkins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/)
-   -   I'm Back--again (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins/271576-im-back-again.html)

BrenM 12-16-2012 06:09 PM

I'm Back--again

I had lost 30 pounds on Atkins years ago. I did not try to expand what I ate, so got bored. Since then, my cholesterol is terrible (bad & good cholesterol is bad) and so is my blood sugar level. They haven't said it-but the numbers indicate I'm pre-diabetic. I could go into how I feel about the way I look. But I got a reality check when I realized....I can continue to eat like I have been and be miserable, or eat healthy (though need to expand my cooking skills to add variety) and feel GREAT about myself AND be healthy. To me, that's getting to be a no-brainer. I was going to go wheat free (read The Wheat Belly) but then realized that is pretty much low carb. I also know that I can't do this on my own. So it's time to check back into the 3FC forum and get support (and butt kicking) :) My food options right now are low seeing how I have just decided to do this and I don't have a lot of LC items in the house. I'm also re-acquainting myself with how induction works. I figure I'll do my best with what I got until I can get more food in the house (probably after Christmas). I'm SO ready to have energy and feel better about myself (not to mention being able to wear jeans that fit and don't bind into my stomach):carrot:

rho1640 12-22-2012 11:21 PM

you picked a super quite time of year to check in - I notice that everything is quite right now .. Hope things are going great so far for you

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrenM (Post 4558172)
I had lost 30 pounds on Atkins years ago. I did not try to expand what I ate, so got bored. Since then, my cholesterol is terrible (bad & good cholesterol is bad) and so is my blood sugar level. They haven't said it-but the numbers indicate I'm pre-diabetic. I could go into how I feel about the way I look. But I got a reality check when I realized....I can continue to eat like I have been and be miserable, or eat healthy (though need to expand my cooking skills to add variety) and feel GREAT about myself AND be healthy. To me, that's getting to be a no-brainer. I was going to go wheat free (read The Wheat Belly) but then realized that is pretty much low carb. I also know that I can't do this on my own. So it's time to check back into the 3FC forum and get support (and butt kicking) :) My food options right now are low seeing how I have just decided to do this and I don't have a lot of LC items in the house. I'm also re-acquainting myself with how induction works. I figure I'll do my best with what I got until I can get more food in the house (probably after Christmas). I'm SO ready to have energy and feel better about myself (not to mention being able to wear jeans that fit and don't bind into my stomach):carrot:

BrenM 12-28-2012 12:55 PM

Yesterday was my first official day. I tried starting the day after christmas but forgot about it while I was at the movie theatre. Anyway, day 2 is going good. Not looking forward to day 3 or 4--that's when I usually get really tired, achy and headachy. but figure---can't really be worse than before, right? :)