Old 10-17-2012, 02:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 156/140/110

Height: 5'1

Default What am i doing wrong ????

I am new to this site but have been following the post for a while now. I have been doing atkins for about 5 weeks now but now i have started gaining weight.
Let me start by saying yes i weigh everyday horrible habbit! I haven't made any really changes in my food the only thing that has changed as i have since started 3 medications.

Typical Day:

Breakfast:
Either 3 eggs with chesse & 2 slices of bacon
or if i am in a hurry with the kids i have a atkins shake.

Snack:
Sugar Free Jello or somedays Turkey Slices or pork rins

Lunch:
Normally its either chicken or a turkey burger(no bun) with cheese over a bed of lettuce or spinach with ranch or oil and vingear.

Dinner:
Pretty much the same as lunch some type of meat and a salad.

I normally drink at least 80 ozs of water each day i do drink diet soda so i dont know if that could be it or not.

So i need help!!! Please let me know what ya'll believe i could be stuck or if i am just crazy and need to just weigh once a week
sunshine0622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:30 PM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

The good news is, you aren't necessarily doing anything wrong
My personal suggestion would be to make sure you are eating plenty of fat...butter, full-fat mayo, full-fat cheeses, full-fat salad dressings, heavy cream, bacon etc. Also keep in mind Induction is 20 net carbs (total carbs minus dietary fiber) per day with 12 - 15 of those carbs coming from veggies & salads on the acceptable foods list.
You CAN do this!!
All the best to you!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:41 AM   #3  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

What medications are you taking? And is weight gain listed in their side effects?

A few years ago I was losing weight steadily till I hit the 35 lb loss. Then I hit a plateau. I struggled a lot to get past it. Didn't think that it was the medication I was put on for blood pressure. Earlier I had gained weight on antidepressants, and I gained a lot of weight before that on steroids for asthma. More recently, I started gaining weight for meds I was taking for controling blood sugar.

I'm off everything now, managing it all with diet and exercise, adequate sleep and drinking only water.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 156/140/110

Height: 5'1

Hey Thanks so much for the help...

The medications i just started 2 weeks ago are:
20mg of Prozac
Xanax 2mg twice a day
37.5mg phentermine

Which the phentermine should help me lose but i just keep going up everymorning :/

Thanks for all the advice
sunshine0622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:46 PM   #5  
Low Carb

S/C/G: 225/ ticker /135

Height: 5' 2"

just my 2 cents I would ditch the diet soda & yeah it could be your meds for the weight gain.
1spunkygal is offline   Reply With Quote