Old 09-08-2012, 02:19 PM   #16  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

I'm in! Minimum five pounds. No buying Halloween candy, I'll give pretzels.

Rho I hope you get your stove hooked up soon. I always had gas and we simply replaced one with the other. Perhaps the place where you bought it can recommend someone.

Lindy- you go girl, with that P90X! You are going to be one hot mama before you know it.

Sheski- this is a drama free thread, we are like a small family here. I don't understand your post either.

AnaB - don't feel bad for trying to make Rho feel better.

To everyone else - we can do this! We are never giving up, just step away from the carbs. lol
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:57 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 291.3/236.1/150

how close was the tornado to you today - the picture from the Belt they were showing on tv was incredible!

we have a call into one person who is away - I've had a few people mention this guy - and that he will call for sure when he gets home they are sure of it. So will wait on him.

went to a party at the ocean tonight - the weather held off for us until we were driving home-had a cloud burst when we were on main street - then it stopped and the next one was right after we got in the house -- our luck held out great.
Ate the innards of a piece of an Italian Hero and a green salad - and drank water - Stayed away from all the yummy stuff on on my plan - and even said not to the little girl bringing around the dessert she made - I felt evil saying no to her I just explained that I couldn't eat sugar but that it looked delicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity100 View Post
I'm in! Minimum five pounds. No buying Halloween candy, I'll give pretzels.

Rho I hope you get your stove hooked up soon. I always had gas and we simply replaced one with the other. Perhaps the place where you bought it can recommend someone.

Lindy- you go girl, with that P90X! You are going to be one hot mama before you know it.

Sheski- this is a drama free thread, we are like a small family here. I don't understand your post either.

AnaB - don't feel bad for trying to make Rho feel better.

To everyone else - we can do this! We are never giving up, just step away from the carbs. lol
rho1640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:54 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 206/222/160

Height: 5'5.5

I'm glad you stayed on plan at your party rho and yikes about the weather, I remember you saying the forecast wasn't great but didn't put that together with the tornado news!

Serenity, with halloween is it just the one night that you need candy on hand to give out? If so, don't buy it ahead of time and destroy anything you dont' give away!
AnaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:25 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 250/Ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone! I'm entering a crazy couple of weeks and am gonna need extra "no carb" thoughts from all of you great supporters! My hubby's bday is Tuesday, my eldest daughter's 5th bday is Wednesday, I have a work trip Thursday, my daughter's bday party is Saturday, we have two concerts the following week (2 rare date nights and both in one week - yay!) and then a long weekend family trip/anniversary celebration the following weekend. WHEW!! There will be MANY cakes and other temptations, but I'm remaining focused on the Halloween Challenge (and beyond)! I think this is what it is really about - a true life change involves living your life and all that comes with it while remaining strong and making good decisions always. Wish me luck everyone!!!
davematthewsband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:13 PM   #20  
Never Giving Up

You can do it! Just have a plan, what you are going to order/eat. Maybe pack some snacks. Even an Atkins bar is better than a piece of cake if you don't want to watch everyone eat. And on date night you can have one drink if you are on owl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davematthewsband View Post
Hi everyone! I'm entering a crazy couple of weeks and am gonna need extra "no carb" thoughts from all of you great supporters! My hubby's bday is Tuesday, my eldest daughter's 5th bday is Wednesday, I have a work trip Thursday, my daughter's bday party is Saturday, we have two concerts the following week (2 rare date nights and both in one week - yay!) and then a long weekend family trip/anniversary celebration the following weekend. WHEW!! There will be MANY cakes and other temptations, but I'm remaining focused on the Halloween Challenge (and beyond)! I think this is what it is really about - a true life change involves living your life and all that comes with it while remaining strong and making good decisions always. Wish me luck everyone!!!

Last edited by Serenity100; 09-09-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:39 AM   #21  
Ms. Fat Smasher

S/C/G: 338/329/175

Height: 6'0

13 pounds down (in a week), 13 more to go!

I know the 13 pound weight loss is water weight because it was my first week on induction, but it sure does look good on the scale!!! Hopefully I can maintain a steady 3-5 pound weight loss per week moving forward!!!

Last edited by fatklr; 09-10-2012 at 09:48 AM.
fatklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:04 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 250/Ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Woo hoo, fatklr!!! That's amazing work!!!! And love your profile pic

My own personal triump is finally losing 1 lb. after a 10-day hold. I lost 12.5 lbs. during my 2-week induction and seemed to get stuck there.

I know from experience this is common so I remained steadfast and focused, but HECK it is nice to finally see that scale moving again!

I've got this Halloween Challenge beat!! :-)
davematthewsband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:59 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 251/see ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

I am in!
CW 194.4
GW 190.0
Good luck everyone! I am re-starting Induction tomorrow!
Summer2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:49 PM   #24  
Never Giving Up

Totally Awesome! You go girl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatklr View Post
13 pounds down (in a week), 13 more to go!

I know the 13 pound weight loss is water weight because it was my first week on induction, but it sure does look good on the scale!!! Hopefully I can maintain a steady 3-5 pound weight loss per week moving forward!!!
Old 09-13-2012, 12:10 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 206/222/160

Height: 5'5.5

Hope you're going well on induction summer. I am feeling great (well, food wise, Ive had a cold/virus again I can't shake but staying on track with food). I love how fast the weight comes off at the start. I got up to 201 again but this morning I was at 196.2, down from 199.2 on Monday.

I think my goal will be eating clean every day and to track every day. The tracking is esp important as I am realising I actually eat really low cal when I go into ketosis and I don't want to do that too many days in a row.
AnaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:22 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaBee View Post
Hope you're going well on induction summer. I am feeling great (well, food wise, Ive had a cold/virus again I can't shake but staying on track with food). I love how fast the weight comes off at the start. I got up to 201 again but this morning I was at 196.2, down from 199.2 on Monday.

I think my goal will be eating clean every day and to track every day. The tracking is esp important as I am realising I actually eat really low cal when I go into ketosis and I don't want to do that too many days in a row.
yay -- not on the sick part but on the weight party --- hope you are feeling better by now

went to our grand-nephews birthday party today and did great - but I did split a piece of cake with the hubs - some things are tradition and I didn't eat a whole piece or more than one piece - just split it - so learning future skills to help in the forever part of this plan
Old 09-17-2012, 09:55 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

My goal - be below 190 by Halloween. I'm going to set up my ticker now!
Laurlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:15 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 160:(/see ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Uff... Bad, bad weekend! I ate what I shouldn't and I paid the price with horrible stomach pains... Haven't check the scale because I only weight on Fridays.

Taking it easy this week with food. No more getting off program for me!!!

I am at 151 (before the weekend lol) 11lbs to go to reach my Halloween goal!
CIELOARGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:10 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

I'm excited! I won't weigh again until Sunday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck!
Laurlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:44 PM   #30  

you will do great -

I dropped a can on my foot and I have a feeling I may have broken a bone in it going by the amount of pain and how pretty the bruise is --