Blew it!

• Ugh. I blew it today. I did so good p until 9:30. Then I had an ice cream cone. Poo. Today was only day 3 of induction. How much will this set me back?
  • Just get right back on induction tomorrow and you will be fine!
  • Before you go to bed at night try holding an ice pack to the back of your neck and spine for 15-30 minutes (moving it when it gets too uncomfortable)

Its from the 4 hour body by tim ferris and it goes along with the atkins plan very well. It really does help with weight loss.
  • That's interesting....what's the reasoning behind the ice pack? Anyway, back on induction today!
  • The ice pack idea is interesting. I'm game! Curious about the reasoning too. Absolutely, just go right back on Induction. I went beserk yesterday too. Out to lunch with a friend...ate that unexpected croissant on my plate and a key lime coconut patty. What WAS I thinking???

But this morning, I got up and went for my exercise goal walk with Puddin' the Giant German Shepherd and made myself eggs and bacon for breakfast. It's all going to be okay.
  • Quote: The ice pack idea is interesting. I'm game! Curious about the reasoning too. Absolutely, just go right back on Induction. I went beserk yesterday too. Out to lunch with a friend...ate that unexpected croissant on my plate and a key lime coconut patty. What WAS I thinking???

But this morning, I got up and went for my exercise goal walk with Puddin' the Giant German Shepherd and made myself eggs and bacon for breakfast. It's all going to be okay.
    Good job Sandy! I did good all day again, and then blew it once more. LOL. My husband insisted on making lasagna tonight. We went to the store to buy eggplant, because I thought I could make mine with that instead of the noodles. They were out, so I resolved to scrape everything off the noodles. Which i did for the most part- but i had a couple of bites :P Then- we finished off the ice cream. I had less than i did yesterday. OK. So tomorrow- no excuses! Ice cream is gone. And I will make the buffalo stuffed chicken that i originally had planned for tonight's dinner. I hope your day was good!
  • Quote: Good job Sandy! I did good all day again, and then blew it once more. LOL. My husband insisted on making lasagna tonight. We went to the store to buy eggplant, because I thought I could make mine with that instead of the noodles. They were out, so I resolved to scrape everything off the noodles. Which i did for the most part- but i had a couple of bites :P Then- we finished off the ice cream. I had less than i did yesterday. OK. So tomorrow- no excuses! Ice cream is gone. And I will make the buffalo stuffed chicken that i originally had planned for tonight's dinner. I hope your day was good!
    Just a quick tip - I look for ways to have things in a LC way .... I love and hubs loves lasagna stuffed peppers as an example ---- it's on Linda's site if you put it in google with lasagna stuffed peppers it should take you there ... Lots of great recipes there... ..
  • The reason for the ice pack is to make your body burn calories to warm you back up. I'm sure you've noticed that in the winter all the foods are so high in calories... well normally we needed extra calories when it was cold out... but modern life has solved that with super efficient heating systems.

This method came about when scientists were studying the number of calories Michael Phelps ate and burned in a day and the fact that their calculations were off by 4000 calories... then someone thought about the 78 degree water he was in all day and the fact the human body wants to be 98 degrees.

So apparently a difference of 20 degrees over the course of a day burns about 4000 calories... I don't think many of us here overeat that much or need to work off that much on a daily basis... so a ice pack on the back every now and then is all we really need.

Today for example I went out... and I know I knocked myself out of ketosis... so when I got home I got out the ice pack... and in about 15 minutes I could taste metal again.