Old 08-17-2012, 09:23 AM   #61  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylindy View Post
Thanks Jersey...I creed in other forums and always see how helpful you are, I wanted to send you a message but didnt want to freak ya out. :-) I appreciate you posting so much, it helps. I am very frustrated with the Atkins diet right now, not losing, I hope it changes next week. :-(
Hi Lindy,
Message me anytime you like....you won't freak me out I'm happy to help if I can
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:40 PM   #62  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Tiff - have you used Ketosis sticks in your weight loss? I hadnt intended on using them but due to the scale not moving and the clothes fitting the same, I needed some sort of reassurance. Especially since Ive been drinking the Arnold Palmers and maybe shouldnt have been. That being said, I am in moderate range of ketosis, this has made me happy for the day and reassured my choice in Atkins. :-)

How are things going for you?
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:44 PM   #63  

OH, and my food for the day:

10 devil eggs (dont judge me - haha)
2 slim jims minis
half an avocado
one slice of bacon
2 chicken burgers with feta and black olives
I need to get my greens in somewhere, so maybe Ill have a salad or some green beans after my burgers.

I decided to check my calories and it doesnt look like I am getting enough in, which is crazy because I am having to force feed myself what I am eating. Maybe this is hurting my diet? I am suppose to eat 10x my body weight, which would put me in the 1800 range. Hmmmm.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:33 PM   #64  
Changing for the better

S/C/G: 268/257/150

Height: 5'8"

No Ketostix here, partially because I haven't had the extra money and partially because you don't "need" them. That said, I really want to buy some when I can, just out of curiosity. Good to know that you're in ketosis, hope that helps you to not be discouraged!

Things are going pretty well for me. Though, today my ears started ringing and I got a little funny feeling in the head and fluttery in the chest when I got hungry. 30 minutes after I ate it went away... I think I need to up my veggies a little. I was a little late with eating lunch so I am thinking that had something to do with it.

Hmmm.. are we really supposed to eat 10X our body weight? I definitely don't eat that much!! I know what you mean, I am eating a lot but a lot on Atkins is nowhere near what I used to eat (and still be hungry lol).

I can provide 1 critique - when you say 10 deviled eggs do you mean 10 whole eggs deviled or 10 halves? 10 eggs have about 5 carbs, then you're eating feta cheese on top of it which might be causing your carb sources to be imbalanced? I'm not sure if it makes that big of a difference. When I was eating too much sweetener I didn't lose weight. BUT I do eat between 3-8 eggs per day usually (most times 3-5) and they don't effect my losses. Also, when you eat the avocado are you pairing that with protein?
TiffNeedsChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:35 PM   #65  
Changing for the better

Oh and my menu for today:

B: 3 eggs scrambled in butter, 1 pumpkin flax cookie, 1 cup black coffee
L: pork chop and salad with ceasar dressing
D: Large spinach and romaine salad with blue cheese dressing, roasted marinated pork loin and sauteed kale
Old 08-20-2012, 10:03 AM   #66  

Tiff - when I saw 10 devil eggs, I mean halves, so really...5 whole eggs. The feta burgers have a small amount of feta, about a tbsp. IDK???

I am going to do a no sweetner at all week and see how that affects my weight loss. I have several people telling me how it looks like I have lost weight so I may start doing measurements next week if I still see no changes on the scale. I understand that sometimes it is not about the numbers but really, you dont see my fellow girlfriends who are super petite, weighing 186, even if it is "shifting", its one fat going from another fat area. Ok, I'm done bellyaching, lol, I will get my crap together this week and see how it goes. The good news is that I didnt cheat.

My menu so far, not sure what I am doing for lunch or dinner:

2 eggs fried in butter, 2 pieces of low sodium bacon
2 devil egg halves, 3 slim jims
Old 08-20-2012, 12:20 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 160:(/see ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Hi ladies! Do you mind if I sneak in??

I am on day 6 of induction and felling so good that I can't explain it!
No cravings, no heaches, no nothing! I've been extremely good without any effort... I've been depriving myself of full fat all these years and now I can finally feel the difference! More energy, not ever hungry and my calories are around the same than when I used to do "low fat - low calorie" but I am not going crazy... It's just amazing!

I have 't told anybody what I am doing yet but they are all noticing the difference already specially on my face and gut Yesterday my husband wanted to go to Spaghetti Factory (our favorite place!!) So I ended up ordering a roasted chicken breast that comes with spaghetti but needless to say I didn't even touch it. Just ate my chicken and the salad that I ordered with dressing on the side. I wasn't even tempted by the bread with butter which is my favorite part lol.

Anyways... I'm being too cheesy but I am just so excited that for the first time ever I am able to stick to a plan without going nuts and without giving up!! I haven't weight myself yet because I am waiting until the end of the first 2 weeks.

My normal manu goes something like this:
B: 4 egg white omelet with cheese, turkey or spinach
L: any kind of meat with salad or oopsie sandwich
D: Meat (or fish) with green veggies
S: Cheese sticks and my ultimate favorite Strawberry jello with a little bit of whipcream!!! Yummy!!!!
I also boiled a bunch of eggs and keep then handy for when I am hungry.
CIELOARGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:18 PM   #68  

Cie - thats amazing! So happy it is going so well for you! I hope the scale gives a big "Whoosh". :-) It sounds like you have a nice balanced meal.

What are your plans for exercise? Do you have any goals to look forward to?

I nee to update my menu, here it is:

ANOTHER slim jim
2 junior whoppers with no bun or ketchup (Burger King)
1 double cheeseburger with no bun or ketchup (Burger King)
Chicken broth
Chicken breast

*Today was an exception because my goodness, I am HUNGRY...thus the burger overload.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:01 PM   #69  
Changing for the better

Lindy-the sweetener could definitely be the culprit, salt seems to mess me all up. Lol I though you meant halves but hey, ya never know! mmm burger king burger. (Edit to add) I know what you mean about petite friends making you feel big-so many people I know are tiny, standing next to them makes me realize how much bigger i am! You've come a long way though, keep up the good work and things will happen for you.

Welcome cielo-glad you're feeling good on the plan! Atkins definitely works for me unlike any other diet!! Your menu sounds great.

I had a crazy busy day, I woke up with a terrible sore throat and my son is sick too. Today was my first day back to nursing school and we had a test! I ended up eating an atkins bar for breakfast and one for a snack (those things really don't keep me full long), then I got beef , with broccoli for lunch, snack was 2 mint chocolate chip cream cheese clouds, cucumber with ranch, dinner was tuna and egg salad on a garlic cheddar flax bread (variation of one minute muffin). I feel awful today, muscles are sore, throat hurts, stomach is funky... at first I thought ketosis was causing it but now I am pretty sure it is a cold or something.

Hope y'all have a nice day tomorrow.

Last edited by TiffNeedsChange; 08-20-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:01 AM   #70  

Tiff, I am so jealous of your menus! When you start spouting them off, Im like...awwww, I want that, lol. The DBF does 90% of the cooking, including making me breakfast every day. Let me elaborate - he was laid off earlier this year so yea, he has extra time on his hands to help me where I am lacking - which is in time! Beef with broccoli sounds delicious. Sorry that you and the little one are under the weather, we just got over a cold this weekend and the bf still has his. I had homemade chicken broth with chunks of chicken legs and some carrots to get me through.

Oh, talking about sodium, I have been keeping track of my calories and ratio percentages on my fitness pal to make sure I am doing well. According to them, I am never in the negative with sodium, which means, I am doing well with my salt intake. So thats good.

My menu for today is:

2 eggs fried in butter, 3 pieces of low sodium bacon
tuna with mayo
3 slim jims
bbq pork rinds
chicken thigh with skin
half an avocado

Oh, let me ask a quick question. Do any of you have a goal outfit? Victoria Secret had all their swimwear on clearance yesterday so I went and bought 3 swimsuits in size medium, in hopes I could wear them on the cruise. *Fingers cross*
Old 08-21-2012, 12:25 PM   #71  

Change to my menu because we didnt have tuna, lol.

Mcdonalds chicken ceasar salad (half) without croutons and with grilled chicken

I was in the mood for something creamy, so I add 2 tbsp of helluva good onion dip to go with my pork rinds. They have 2 g of carbs but my daily overall percentage is only 4% right now.

I also, added 2 oz. of pepperjack cheese. I was hungry before lunch so that was the only snack available to me.

I also was reading an article about people unsuccessful with Atkins and it can be contributed to artificial sweetner, high sodium, cheese, AND avocados. Since half an avocado has been a staple in my Atkins diet daily, I am going to skip out on the avocado and see what it does for me. I minimally eat cheese, today was the exception.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:16 PM   #72  

Quote:
Cie - thats amazing! So happy it is going so well for you! I hope the scale gives a big "Whoosh". :-) It sounds like you have a nice balanced meal.

What are your plans for exercise? Do you have any goals to look forward to?
Thanks for the welcome girls!

Lucky; does putting my spandex on counts as excercise?? It sures makes me break a sweat! j/k!!! I try to make it to the gym 3 times a week and on weekends I walk all the time since my job makes me do so lol...

So, everytime I lose weight the first thing to go is my butt... I think this is the first time ever that I am glad my butt is getting small since it's an indication of losing weight!! (I'm Latina, we like our butts big and round lol! )

My menu yesterday:

B: 4 Egg white spinach omelette with cheese and 2 slices of black pepper beef
L: Tuna salad
S: deviled eggs, jello, few pork rinds...
D: Butter Salmon with green beans and parmesan cheese... Yummy!!!
Old 08-21-2012, 01:50 PM   #73  

Cie: you literally made me giggle out loud. :-) The menu looks good and the green beans with parm is what I am having tomorrow, with a nice fatty steak, lol.

I have an interesting question....does everyone get the support they need at home? Are you other halfs skeptics of Atkins? Mine is and the fact that I only lost 8 pounds my first week and nothing else since then makes it worst. He sits there and says...I do not know how you can eat all that crap and think you are going to lose weight, lol. I just shrug it off and hope that I prove him wrong...soon.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:25 PM   #74  

Quote:
Cie: you literally made me giggle out loud. :-) The menu looks good and the green beans with parm is what I am having tomorrow, with a nice fatty steak, lol.

I have an interesting question....does everyone get the support they need at home? Are you other halfs skeptics of Atkins? Mine is and the fact that I only lost 8 pounds my first week and nothing else since then makes it worst. He sits there and says...I do not know how you can eat all that crap and think you are going to lose weight, lol. I just shrug it off and hope that I prove him wrong...soon.
My husband nevers tells me anything related to weight. So lucky for me, he doesn't comment on my eating habits Long time ago when we were dating (and I got a little chubby) he told me in a very sweet way "ohh my chubby chicks! I love u" and I started crying because in my mind he called me fat! Haha after that the poor guy learned his lesson
Old 08-21-2012, 05:43 PM   #75  
Changing for the better

Lindy - just make sure to eat something with potassium in it since you won't be eating the avocado. (LEGAL) Foods with potassium (learned about this in class today): medium tomato-300mg, 1 cup cooked spinach-839 mg, 1 cup cooked swiss chard-961mg, and salt substitutes have 530 mg of potassium in 1/6tsp!!

I'm sorry your bf got laid off, that has to be soooo stressful! It is great that he is helping you out by cooking, maybe you could print out some specific recipes you want him to make for you My menus may start looking a bit drab since school started; it really takes so much out of me (and my time). If you get a chance to make the Mint Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Clouds you will be in love! The first cream cheese clouds I made were more dense (and not as good) because I added strawberry jello mix for flavoring.

I seem to be at a standstill with my weight right now, I was 244 this morning (up a little)... maybe it is the cheese and avocado! My physical therapist really socked it to me this morning, he is trying to get my leg bone to sit in the hip the right way and I am so sore!! My son and I are both feeling a bit better so that is good! As far as support at home, my bf is fine with my diet and really never makes comments about my weight or weight loss(I do all the shopping and cooking) but my mom is skeptical and is worried that Atkins will make me sick or get kidney stones. She is the one who always says "One bite won't hurt you" I have to say that since I have been losing more weight she seems more supportive of my efforts, though (probably because I am so happy).

I bought a size L swim suit frim target as my midway goal bathing suit (I am in an XXL right now). Victoria's secret has some gorgeous bathing suits.. If only we could look like the models

My menu today was not as good as I would have liked, so pressed for time: Breakfast 4 eggs and 2 sausage patties from burger king (ONLY 60cents per egg and sausage!!!), snack: atkins bar, lunch: mcdonald's chicken nuggets with breading pulled off (bad I know), dinner: chicken breast and broccoli with alfredo sauce and salad, after dinner snack: mintchoc cc clouds

Last edited by TiffNeedsChange; 08-21-2012 at 09:58 PM.