"On the go" work lunch ideas???

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I work PRN at a veterinary clinic and likely won't get an actual lunch break (though I will have access to a microwave and refrigerator). I need easy to prepare/bring with/eat while working lunch ideas... I will be working long days everyday next week and want to make sure that I have a solid plan! Thanks to all in advance
  • One of my fave recipes/on the go meals is Parmesan Chicken Tenders (chicken breast dipped in egg wash & dredged in parmesan & sauteed in butter). Prepare them the night before & pack them up for lunch. What I love is that they dont need to be heated up. They're great at room temp.

Also - things like chicken salad, egg salad (a bit stinky though), meat & cheese roll-ups - all these pack up & port nicely
  • Oooh great idea for the parm chicken!! I plan on doing quiche muffins for breakfast so I don't have to stress over time for breakfast. Roll ups are good too, egg salad is yummy thank you!
  • My lunch on the go standby is always leftovers from dinner. Tupperware is an amazing thing I also like meat and cheese roll ups and will sometimes add some spinach or lettuce in there and dip it in a mayo and mustard mix.

Also, I'm not above ordering out if the place that delivers has hot wings and someone else is ordering to make it worth the delivery guys while. Mmmmm.....hot wings....I may have to get some of those today.
  • I don't know what to tell ya...I am still experimenting myself...all the above suggestions sound good to me. I usually have a salad with chicken breast, cherry tomatoes, ceasar dressing, peppers and shredded cheese for lunch. Tomorrow will be a big test for me as I will be meeting a friend for lunch.

Someone mentioned chicken tenders...I read a recipe somewhere where it says to soak them in buttermilk and fry in a pan. I may try this tonight to see what the taste is like.
  • Parmesan Crusted Chicken Legs... yum!
    Oopsie Sandwiches

Those are my faves.
  • What does the Oopsie bread taste like? Never had it but hear about it a lot.
  • I've made the Oopsie bread before. I guess if you're just dying for a "sandwhich" it's ok. I made several and froze them. I just wasn't that impressed with them BUT alot of people do go gaga over them. Try it, you might like it
  • If you season them they do have a nice flavor. The texture is like a really soft bread. They are not anything special but for low carbers or some who have had lettuce wrap after lettuce wrap... well this is like manna

You can make them savory or sweet. I have made mine for french toast but am not a fan of SF Syrup. Someone recommended Cinnamon and Splenda sprinkled on them in place of Syrup and I have been eating them that way ever since.

I also keep some close at hand when we go out to eat. My family likes Wendy's Burgers and when we eat there I pull out my oopsie rolls and ask them to put everything on the side so I can build my own burger. YUM!

I also will use a low carb tortilla, the ones I have are 6g Net Carbs. I use them as a wrap or slice them into triangles or strips to put on top of my salads in place of croutons or dip them in my spinach dip.

The Oopsies helped me through induction and OWL, the LC tortillas were a lifesaver. Hope they can help others.
  • Thanks for the info ladies I may try them on the weekend...missing the bun with my burgers.
  • @Summer-I hope you got some good ideas from this post, I know that I did!

@islandchick-I made some oopsies not too long ago and added italian seasoning, they are definitely better the next day!

@sail7seassoon- yummy, Parmesan chicken legs are a good idea too, the oopsies are definitely a life saver, when I made them they weren't all hat good on the first day, but they were wonderful the next day, what balance of seasonings do you use in yours? I made a 1 minute microwave flax muffin this morning and that was pretty good but the seasoning needs some tweaking. I am going to look for some low carb tortillas as well. Since I am planning on doing an extended induction I definitely need a variety of options

THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE WONDERFUL ADVICE!
  • There are some pictures on my thread (Applebuddy) of them (Oopsie Sandwiches)... if you click on the Paperclip it will show all the photos. No need to read the whole thread to get to the photos.
  • I add a dash each of salt, garlic powder and onion powder into the yolks. You can also sprinkle the tops with sesame seeds or poppy seeds.

For sweet I add a dash of salt and vanilla extract into the yolks.

Applebuddy
  • Quote: I add a dash each of salt, garlic powder and onion powder into the yolks. You can also sprinkle the tops with sesame seeds or poppy seeds.

For sweet I add a dash of salt and vanilla extract into the yolks.

Applebuddy

Thanks Applebuddy, I was actually reading through your thread a couple of days ago! I LOVE the sesame and poppy seed idea! I will try that garlic/onion/salt mixture since last time I did italian seasoning. Thanks again
  • I took left over chicken breast strips and mushrooms and covered with grated cheese ( I was going to add it to my salad) but it was a cold day so I heated it in the microwave till the cheese melted. Tasted yummy!