Old 08-05-2012, 02:59 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 206/222/160

Height: 5'5.5

That's just awful rho. Their staff are in danger too. Here OHS legislation means we all have a responsibility to make the workplace safe. And we don't have to worry about medical costs to the extent you do, though of course being off work can be a financial disaster for people. It is really sad, poor people.

I'm going to do roast chicken tonight. Wish me luck! I've never roasted a chicken before, lol.

Awesome job conhop! You'll be in the 100s soon!

Hey globe, nice to see you and good job on the maintaining. That's the hardest part!
AnaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:51 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 291.3/236.1/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConHop View Post
Lost 3.5 this week. Hit a total of 30 pounds.
Change you profile current weight .

This morning the scale was hovering it went back and forth between 200 and 199.something I was going "stay in the ones stay in the ones" and if I had gotten off the scale and peed I would have made it but it has to be following the same routine or it doesn't count for me so it stuck long enough to stay on 200 but tomorrow I should hit onederland and will be really really thrilled when I hit 198 cause then I know it is to stay and that daily fluctuations won't pop it back into the 2's ever again...

Maybe we will make "onederland" together
rho1640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:07 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 206/222/160

Height: 5'5.5

Well it's been a slow start but I'm getting there! I made an awesome quiche last night, egg, cream, bacon, cheese and some spinach. I had some for breakfast and it tided me over through to lunch time, no problem. I think the cream really helped make it taste less "eggy". I've really gone off eggs lately.

Also the roast chicken turned out great. I had some hot for dinner last night and tonight I'll pull off all the chicken for salads and then I'll boil up the bones to make soup.
AnaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:48 AM   #154  

Well, I had a set back, but I'm back on track. I hope everyone is doing great! I'm gonna start coming here every day to keep myself accountable! The Olympics have been keeping me occupied and I haven't been on the computer much. Unfortunately, that also means I've been snacking on foods I shouldn't be. Only I can keep myself accountable. BTW, I feel like crud from eating those horrible foods again. That should tell me how I need to keep on track if anything... Hang in there guys!
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:04 AM   #155  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

We can do it, Violet! Atkins is very forgiving; as soon as you get back on plan, your body starts working for you. Your quiche sounds good, Anabee. I bought ingredients for one this weekend; maybe I'll make it today. Have a great week, everyone. (Weigh in for me is this afternoon...Hmmmm....)
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:12 AM   #156  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Globe! Thanks for stopping by, so glad are maintaining without any issues. We miss you here, but I can understand that life get's in the way of posting. lol

Rho, Onderland! Woo-hoo! You're our Rock Star baby

ConCop, Great Job! 30 lbs! I know it ain't easy.

Ana, Sandy, Violet, we are never giving up. What's our alternative. We will get there.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:45 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 291.3/236.1/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaBee View Post
I've really gone off eggs lately.

Also the roast chicken turned out great. I had some hot for dinner last night and tonight I'll pull off all the chicken for salads and then I'll boil up the bones to make soup.
I get that way with eggs too..... So I take a break and then I'm ok again ...

Isn't roast chicken the BEST .... I may get a chicken and do one in the crock this week so I don't heat up the kitchen ...it's not the same as roasted but I end up with lots of quick meals from it ... I've been babying my oven and it's getting to the point it won't be long now ... I've replaced the circuit board 2 x in 20 yrs but at this point I think it's throwing good money after bad cause the fix isn't lasting more than a year and I can't stand the alarm going off when I'm done using the oven - it's going on for longer and longer each time now - yesterday I thought I might have to go into the depths of the basement and figure which fuse went to the stove to turn it off. ... Thinking about switching to gas or dual fuel but that means bringing the gas line to that side of the house ... So maybe in September the stars will line up and hubs will be home long enough to get someone in to get it done (and at the same time hook up the generator and grill to the street gas too.. If we have the guy here to do one he may as well do all at the same time right?!) in the new stove line - anyone have recommendation I know I want 5 burners ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet73 View Post
Well, I had a set back, but I'm back on track. I hope everyone is doing great! I'm gonna start coming here every day to keep myself accountable! The Olympics have been keeping me occupied and I haven't been on the computer much. Unfortunately, that also means I've been snacking on foods I shouldn't be. Only I can keep myself accountable. BTW, I feel like crud from eating those horrible foods again. That should tell me how I need to keep on track if anything... Hang in there guys!
Vi you can do it! I think I've made more cheese crisps during the Olympics than I have all year long ... I do one oz so it's good and I cut into 6-8 pieces to make little crisps ... That's helped me a lot maybe it could work for you too... I like cheddar the best for this .. Oh oh oh another trick I just learned ... Take pork rinds and warm them in the micro for a little bit and melt a little butter and drizzle on the warm rinds and then sprinkle with cinnamon and splenda mix - so helps with the sweet cravings...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity100 View Post

Rho, Onderland! Woo-hoo! You're our Rock Star

Ana, Sandy, Violet, we are never giving up. What's our alternative. We will get there.
My body is messing with me today doing the nananananaaa dance ... Stayed exactly the same today .. I will get that 1 as a first number dang it!

And you are right we are not giving up ... We will will get there!
We will lose if we don't quit - if we quit we won't lose! . Trying for a play on words there that didn't work as well as I thought it would in my mind before it went thru the fingers to be typed .. It's all the fingers fault I just know it ...

Last edited by rho1640; 08-06-2012 at 09:48 AM. Reason: To add something
rho1640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:59 AM   #158  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Good morning ladies!

I check out on the weekends to be with family but happy to see all the progress made in the last couple of days.

Congrats Con on the big weight loss! Thats a great number!

Rho, I made a vow that once I left the 200's I would NEVER go back. I had gotten down to 170 but put on 195 when I changed job positions, the closer I got to 200 the more scared I got and then I joined 3FC again, lol. You can do it! Onederland is just that, WONDERFUL. :-)

Ana - I am just about over the egg thing and Ive only been on atkins for a week! I may have to do some devil eggs to switch it up.

Does anyone have any good breakfast ideas? I really am not craving carbs THAT bad but ever so often I really want a waffle or pancakes. :-O Soooo....is there any good alternatives?

Ok, SO NOW I HAVE A HAPPY ANNOUNCEMENT! I am officially down 10 pounds in my first week of Atkins! Woot woot! Do not ask me how I pulled that one off because honestly, I was starting to think I put weight on with all the meat I was eating to substitute creavings, lol....I guess it being my first time around, I get nervous. I would ok if it was a pound a week moving forward, that big "woosh" was motivation for me. And what I thought was my unrealistic goal of 15 pounds by labor day, now seems posisble. yay!

Does anyone have goal objects? Short term/long term goals? My short term goal is to be at 170 by the end of the year, that is what I was when me and my bf got together. I also have a "unrealistic, but hey I can try" goal of 155 by January 17th. That is when I go on a cruise with for my birthday weekend with 8 cabins of friends and family.
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:34 PM   #159  
Never Giving Up

WTG Lindy! 10 lbs the first week. Who cares if it water, it is excess water your body didn't need.
If you keep your carbs 20 until Labor Day I can see you losing the 15 lbs.

Google "Muffin in a Minute" (MIM). I found the recipe on the official Atkins site. I wouldn't start it until after you can't do induction any longer, it might slow you down. You need some ground flax seed and some cinnamon, and eggs, and a little splenda. I eat these a lot for breakfast, but I'm on OWL.

Roast chicken is the best because we are allowed to eat the skin. I also grill a large family package of individual chicken cutlets that I marinate in some carb friendly stuff. I can eat that all week with salads.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:45 PM   #160  

Thanks Serenity! That recipe does look tasty, maybe next week Ill look into it, I am only doing induction until Sunday, then its onto the next phase.

One of my big items that I eat.... A LOT is naked chicken wings, tossed with butter and franks hot sauce with a small saucer of bleu cheese dressing...extra bleu cheese :-D on the side. Yum! Im kinda craving it now, lol I usually pick the meat off and throw it into a green salad too, so I get my veggies in for the day.

So, what is everyones dinner plans tonight? Im doing chicken burgers with avocado on top. Come on 530! haha
Old 08-06-2012, 07:25 PM   #161  
Less Juicey

I'm SUPER CRANKY! I weighed this afternoon at my doctor's office, and I gained three pounds...WHAT!!! I lost three last week, but gained them this week. I thought maybe I had lost a pound or two; I'm upset because there're so many things I didn't eat that crossed my mind. I know I probably ate too much cheese, didn't drink enough water, and over-indulged on the cream cheese muffins. I also hit some sugar-free candy pretty hard. Bear with me, people, I know I'm the classic "How to Do Atkins Wrong" and Jersey Gyrl is gonna smack me in the head. And I didn't exercise...decided it's too hot (and I think it really is).

After I weighed in, it's been hard to come home and make myself a nice Atkins Induction dinner - Quiche Lorraine. I felt like forgetting it and going for drive-thru, take-out, something. But I didn't. The damn quiche is in the oven, and I guess I'll eat it for dinner. But I'm just mad and feel a little hopeless. (I know that's irrational since I didn't stick exactly to plan) But I'm still mad. Anger and disappointment are bad trigger emotions/situations for me. GRRRR!!!!! I just keep thinking, "I should've just eaten whatever I wanted if I'm going to gain..." Very destructive, very irrational. I'm getting off this board. I'm not good company.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:04 AM   #162  

Aw, its ok Sandy! It happens and it is more than likely a water weight fluctuation.

Try sticking with the program 100% this week, lay off the cream cheese and cheese (only in moderation) and stick with your green veggies and healthy meats. If it means anything to you, and this may just be coincidental but anytime I eat cream cheese, I notice Im up a pound the very next day....even a little bit, its weird. But when I dont have it, Im back down to my weight before and within a couple of days, down a few more pounds.

Anyway, we all have good and bad days, but if we give up automatically on one set back, the weight will just pile back on. I mean... you dont want to start ALL over again, do you?

Do you find the low carb diet hard? Ive done weight watchers, nutrisystem, diet pills...you name it, I did it. Atkins is bar none, the EASIEST diet I have every done. So it makes it easy to stick to it. Do you have a pool where you live? Maybe you can use that as your form of exercise. That's what we do here in Florida, I also go for my walks at 630 am, so its not AS hot.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:17 AM   #163  
Never Giving Up

Hi Sandy, don't be discouraged. I know I weigh three pounds heavier in the p.m. than I do in the a.m. So, you know I always weigh in the a.m.

Also, maybe your Dr.'s scale is calibrated differently than yours at home.

I was having some problems with water retention for no reason except some of the food I ate was very salty. Drank water with a little lemon squeezed in all day yesterday for the taste, and it turns out it works as a diuretic for me. Just sharing.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:09 AM   #164  
Less Juicey

Thanks, LuckyLindy and Serenity. Those are excellent suggestions. I don't have any cream cheese in the house (I ate it all!), and I'll keep it that way. I definitely need to drink water and lemon will make it taste better. I hate water. I've been all about the Crystal Light for the last week, bad plan. I'm going today to buy a bathing suit (that should be a fun trip) so I can go to aquatics exercise classes beginning on Thursday. I can get it together to walk early evening or early morning if I make myself. Thanks for the kind words, ideas and encouragement. (I ate the quiche and didn't do anything outrageous last night. I was ticked off, but didn't eat my feelings.) Baby steps.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:40 PM   #165  

Atta girl Sandy! :-)

So, I *kinda* screwed up today. I was running errands during lunch and was suppose to meet a friend for a quick bite, well, I got called back to the office so I had to just grab the closest thing. This was a china buffet.

I grabbed some spareribs, some chicken and broccoli and steak and broccoli; I have to count the carbs from the broccoli but Im not sure how bad the soy type sauce they were sitting in was? I tried to drain the scoop as much as possible. I also grabbed egg foo young, things...chicken, pork and eggs in an omelet with a couple onion bites couldnt be that bad, right?

I dont know. Im so skeptical to buy anything from restaurants for potential hidden carbs. Although, I think with those selections, the carb count could be TOO bad, would it? SMH....I guess I could have picked more spareribs but I just wanted something, anything else, lol.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Also, its my second week of induction and I will not be weighing in until Saturday but do any of you recall how much you lost on your second week? I am numbers motivated, but not unrealistic either, so even a pound a week would be great, if possible. Is it possible?