Old 07-13-2012, 01:17 AM   #46  
Changing for the better

S/C/G: 268/257/150

Height: 5'8"

Sorry for my absence! Life has been hectic
Wow, I had no idea that there was zumba for the wii... I need to give that a shot!
Glad to see you're mood is better islandchic. I love the bell pepper ring eggs too!

Today:
B:3 scrambled eggs, 2 slices bacon
L: 3 slices bacon, 4 oz homemade cream of tomato soup
D: 3 very small slices of low carb pizza(homemade)topped w/green bell peppers, black olives, mushroom, pepperoni (even made my own low carb pizza sauce-added some fresh basil to the sauce and crust..)YUM plus 5 romaine lettuce leaves plain

Last edited by TiffNeedsChange; 07-13-2012 at 01:19 AM.
TiffNeedsChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:21 AM   #47  
Changing for the better

Lol @ghost "beeeeeeeeer"
Old 07-13-2012, 01:43 AM   #48  

Island that sounds sooo delicious. Thank you for taking the time to share the recipe with me!

B:2 eggs 4 turkey sausage links
L: 2 lettuce cheese roll ups, SF "jello"
D:I had a hamburger topped with Mushrooms and swiss on a bed of lettuce, 6 devilled eggs, 1/2 cup creamed cauliflower

I think I will make the quiche tonight while kids are asleep so I can eat it in morning instead of falling back on eggs and turkey sausage.
Kamiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:11 AM   #49  
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Welcome back Tiff! Glad you liked the bell pepper ring/egg thing I do it just to break up the "same old eggs" thing

Kamiro, I make that quiche two seperate ways. Either I make it as above snd bake into individual cupcake holders and bake in muffin pans OR i just back in a dish i have greased with butter. They take about an hour and 10 minutes @400 F. They are good this way because you can always freeze them and cook several days worth of breakfast (or whatever meal/snack) at a time. The other way also bake @ 400F but for about an hour and a half. This is one of my fav. receipes to make for atkins!
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:09 PM   #50  

eating this quiche now. yum! I had to sub things around a little for what I had on hand and for dietary reasons:
I left out the sour cream and added bell pepper
I subbed turkey sausage and a leftover hamburger patty (food processor)
Used spinach instead of celery
Mixed in shredded pepperjack cheese

used garlic powder, no salt seasoning, a bit of salt and baked at 400 for an hour in pyrex

With my chai tea drink, this is definitely good eats....(drinking my water too!)
Last nights sugar free candy binge and sugar snap pea cheating took me out of ketosis (gee, imagine that) and gave me gastriointestinal distress (lol)
I am sure I will be back in shortly...Learning more so I can do it correctly! I feel better and not so hungry so that is a sure sign of improvement!
Old 07-13-2012, 08:45 PM   #51  
Native Texan

I love this quiche recipe and change it around all the time myself. I LOVE hot and spicy. So I cook with a lot of different peppers.

Glad you liked it Kamiro
Old 07-13-2012, 10:50 PM   #52  
Changing for the better

Happy weekend everyone!

B: 1 serving spinach/mushroom/cheddar quiche
L: 1 serving quiche
Snack: sliced 1/4 cup jicama very thinly and fried to make "potato" chips
D: 1 serving low carb pizza leftover from last night
Snack: 1 cup sugar free strawberry jello

Plan on making Cream cheese muffins tomorrow for some of the week's breakfasts
Old 07-13-2012, 11:27 PM   #53  

cream cheese muffins? lol

off to google!
Old 07-14-2012, 02:52 AM   #54  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

Alright I've been bad. Had a few beers at the BBQ tonight, but other the that on plan with pork shoulder on the BBQ,a d salmon and a few tortilla chips with guacamole. For me, with. Y usual BBQ behavior...this is progress!
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:33 AM   #55  

I was bad too. Atkins bars showed up in the mail from when I had signed up last week (I forgot I had done that) and...I ate 2 of them today...and some sugar free candy.
I keep wondering if I should just buckle down and risk being miserable, or just continue on not stressing like I am because it is still an improvement over a week ago and I am serious about this being a way of life for me.

I have a sugar free life now. I don't eat bread or pasta. Someday I may eat a bit of brown rice, or popcorn but not until I've gotten control of myself...This is just kind of my philosophy tonight.

Do you think thats dangerous to weight loss?

Still in 'trace' ketones in urine tonight. I figure as long as I am showing trace, I'm ok.

Ate a taco salad tonight --- oh..yum! It was really great.
Quiche for brunch, Dinner was taco salad,
Snacks today: I ate 2 atkins bars, 4 pieces of turkey meat wrapped up in a cheese stick, a sugar free jello, and 5 pieces of sf candy.

Last edited by Kamiro; 07-14-2012 at 05:36 AM.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:10 PM   #56  
Changing for the better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamiro View Post
cream cheese muffins? lol

off to google!

I got this off of the lowcarbfriends website, the website is down for maintenance today so I will post it here for you. There are so many options so I just am posting the basic recipe and 2 topping options. Over on the site I got them from there is an entire thread on these little guys.

CREAM CHEESE MUFFINS (the tops will fall if they cool too fast but from what I read they are good like that because then you can add a topping in the divot)

Cream cheese Muffins (Low-Carb Mini-Cheesecakes)
Basic Recipe

2 8-oz. pks. cream cheese
1/2 cup sweetener (granular Splenda, OR 1/4 cup Splenda, 1/4 cup sugar-free Da Vinci syrup OR equivalent, as desired)
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract (or lemon, or almond, etc.)
Optional: Cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, or other low-carb topping, to taste. (Reserve.)

Soften cream cheese about 40 seconds in microwave.
Add other basic ingredients.
Beat with mixer or whisk till smooth. (Do not overbeat.)
Pour into non-stick muffin pan, and/or use non-stick spray. (If using cupcake/muffin papers, can spray papers with non-stick spray.)
Sprinkle with cinnamon or choice of topping, if desired.
Bake at 350 for 18-20 min. (Less for mini-muffins, 10-12 minutes.) Will not brown. Should be mostly set up, but somewhat soft in middle

To reduce sinking centers: Bake only 18 minutes. Cool in oven with oven door open for 1/2 - 1 hour, then cover and cool on counter for 1/2 - 1 hour, then refrigerate. (Can use water bath; place shallow pan of water on lower shelf while preheating oven.)

Taste best chilled. Keeps well in refrigerator. Can be frozen.

Full Basic Recipe as written, with Splenda:
43 carbs, 2398 calories, 210 fat grams, 96 protein grams.
If making regular-sized muffin cups, each one has:
3.6 carbs, 200 calories, 17.5 fat grams, and 8 protein grams.
If using half Splenda, half zero-carb liquid sweetener;
31 carbs, 2374 calories, 17.5 fat grams, and 8 protein grams, so 1(of 12) has:
2.6 carbs, 200 calories, 17.5 fat grams, and 8 protein grams.

Variations: (NOTE: Adjust carb counts accordingly!)

Use 1/3 cup - 1/2 cup da Vinci’s syrup of choice; omit Splenda and maybe extract.

Add vanilla protein powder for more protein, or to thicken if using all liquid sweetener.

TOPPING OPTIONS:
Lemon Whipped Cream:
Add about one-fourth tub of Crystal Light Lemonade drink mix to cup of whipping cream before whipping.

Chocolate (or other) Frosting:
Blend 1/4 packet sugar free chocolate pudding with 1 cup heavy whipping cream and 1/8 cup of granular Splenda. Whip until very thick. (Can use other flavors of sugar-free pudding.)

Last edited by TiffNeedsChange; 07-14-2012 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Had to add the directions lol
Old 07-14-2012, 12:18 PM   #57  
Changing for the better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamiro View Post
I was bad too. Atkins bars showed up in the mail from when I had signed up last week (I forgot I had done that) and...I ate 2 of them today...and some sugar free candy.
I keep wondering if I should just buckle down and risk being miserable, or just continue on not stressing like I am because it is still an improvement over a week ago and I am serious about this being a way of life for me.

I have a sugar free life now. I don't eat bread or pasta. Someday I may eat a bit of brown rice, or popcorn but not until I've gotten control of myself...This is just kind of my philosophy tonight.

Do you think thats dangerous to weight loss?
I got the Atkins bars in the mail too, I am saving them for long days at work just in case but I won't eat them unless my options are bleak. One days with Atkins bars isn't going to kill you but they have non-induction approved ingredients.
I love living sugar free, I never get hungry, and am satisfied. Glad to see you're doing pretty well.
As for the brown rice and popcorn, I would follow the appropriate rungs of OWL as for when (and if) you can introduce them. Everyone slips up but I think that as long as you are on plan 95% of the time you'll be fine. I am new to this so many some more seasoned LCers will have better input.
Old 07-14-2012, 03:38 PM   #58  

Thanks Tiff! I meant some day after I have lost all my weight and have learned some self control with the brown rice, no where near ready for that. My prob seems to be this darn sweet teeth plus postpartum hormone surges lol. got chromium supplements- maybe they will start kicking in.

I pos about 8 times a day this AM it was negative.

When did you start with Atkins to lose your 15 pounds?
Old 07-14-2012, 11:51 PM   #59  
Changing for the better

No probldm! Started atkins about 2&1/2 weeks ago, had 3 days in there that I didn't say eat on plan (son was sick, mom in hospital) so I just counted calories those days. Since starting atkins I have lost 12 pounds. If you're having major cravings there are quite a few good recipes on genaw.com for desserts (the ones with the * are induction friendly). I did a few days of sweet free/sweetener free to help rid myself of the cravings.
Good plan on waiting to eat rice, bread is my trigger.
Pos are you talking about ketostix? I don't use them since I read that they can be inaccurate. So, don't let that get you down. Just make sure your carbs and their sources are in check.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:58 PM   #60  
Native Texan

YUK! Sinus headache!
B: 5 pcs bacon
L: salad
S: Fajitas