Old 06-27-2012, 01:51 AM   #1  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Cheats

So yesterday I had a long crazy day at work and ended up at the bar with a group of heavy drinking guys. I ended up drinking, a lot...four g
Asses of red wine, three beers and when I got home I ate ribs with real BBQ sauce on them and fried potato. Huge cheat for me, the biggest since I started Atkins induction 7 weeks ago. Today I went to work hungover. I drank a ton of water but still feel bloated and depleted. Yet, and this is the part that baffles me...I just peed on a keto stick and it was the darkest purple I've seen in weeks. What gives? Is there anything that can cause a false positive on ketostix? I so confused.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:16 AM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Those keto sticks never worked for me. I lost over 100 lbs on Atkins and the sticks never showed any color changes. So....I don't feel they're very a very good guage of progress and never relied on them.
You said you drank a ton of water....from my understanding, that in itself can greatly affect the color of those keto sticks.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:09 PM   #3  
I'm a khaleesi!!

ya, usually when I'm drinking a ton of water they don't register any change...this was dark and an instant change, not gradual darkening. So weird. work up this morning and weighed and I'm up .8 of a lbs. disappointed in myself but...what can I do I can't time travel. I've been 100% on plan since the cheat though so I hope I can make up for whatever I set myself back.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:32 AM   #4  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

You are allowed occasional alcohol on Atkins. Stick to dry wine or spirits such as vodka. I think it was that BBQ sauce and potatoes that did you in. BBQ sauce has tons of sugar and potatoes are poison lol. Carbs make you retain water, so if you get right back to it you should be fine.

Last edited by Serenity100; 06-28-2012 at 08:33 AM.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:52 AM   #5  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity100 View Post
You are allowed occasional alcohol on Atkins.
This is correct, alcohol is permitted on Atkins. It is not permitted during Induction. It can be introduced during the OWL phase but, be wary of how it affects you. It can cause gas, bloating and craving for sweets. "Light" beer isn't always the best choice on Atkins due to yeast content. Serenity100 is correct, the best choices if you are having alcohol would be dry wines and things like Vodka, Rum or Gin.

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 06-28-2012 at 09:54 AM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:18 PM   #6  
I'm a khaleesi!!

Oh good. I plan on staying on the induction as long as possible or reverting to it after cheats. I have found that I can maintain ketosis with as many as 40 grams carbs a day which to me seems insanely high for keto, but...everybody is different and I should count myself lucky. I was back down to my low from last week of 234 this morning so, I'm happy I didn't stall myself.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:17 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/130

Height: 5'5"

I "cheat" a little though I still call this induction and my keto stix are always dark. However my cheats are carb smart ice cream, a atkins bar I find yummy. One french fry lol, whip cream, and rum and diet pepsi now and again. So far I have been losing pretty well but I lose much better when I avoid all these things. I get really light colors on the keto stix when I drink to much water (well not to much but a lot) its kinda like a pregnancy test in that respect.
Brooklynn is offline   Reply With Quote