On day 3 of induction... hardest day!!! SUggestions?

• Hello!

I'm a newbie here and thought I'd post to see how you guys handled day 3. I did SBD several years ago with much success. 3 babies and 50 lbs later, it's time to get my body back. I have tried SBD over and over but can't seem to get my motivation. So now I"m doing Atkins because I can actually count something and I"m hoping that will help me stay motivated.

Anyway, I'm on day 3 and am fighting cravings left and right. And it's SO hard to be feeding my kids blueberry pancakes while I eat my eggs. AGH!!

Any suggestions on fighting thru this day??
  • I've done Atkins in the past, and what helped me with cravings early on was to get a snack of something with protein and fat like roast beef or bacon, something with a lot of flavor. Make sure you drink a lot, too. That will leave less room for gnawing hunger and cravings.
  • to Atkins!

Imagination & creativity can make Atkins Induction bearable. You may be interested in checking out Linda's low carb recipes. Anything marked with an * is Atkins Induction friendly
    http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html
    If pancakes are your weakness, you may want to try this.
    http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/better_..._pancakes.html
    I enjoy these with a little Walden Farms Sugar Free Maple or Blueberry syrup.
  • Awesome!! Thank you both for the suggestions!!!
  • induction makes it hard to be creative sometimes because it limits things like almond flour which is where I am going to tell you to be creative lol. I make mock things for my whole family or just for my self if they wont eat it. I make a muffin in a min and top it with some cinnamon cream cheese if they are eating something like pancakes or I make pancakes with almond flour and top in with some cream cheese sweetened with a little splenda. I make low carb bread, and find things I can eat that are comparable. I make a lot of stuff with cauliflower (Google it its pretty amazing) The one way I find to help my cravings is to not refuse my self the foods I can eat a lot of. So I snack on pork rinds, and peperoni, stuff like that.... I figure once I get the cravings under control then I can work on the portions good luck!
  • I make cream cheese/eggs "pancakes" that are pretty darn tasty. You might make thouse for yourself while making the regular ones for the kids
  • Making these this morning..look up "low carb pinay induction pancakes"