Old 06-02-2012, 12:58 PM   #1  
1 lb at a time!

S/C/G: 294/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default heartburn? acid reflux?

Anyone else have problems with heartburn or acid reflux on this? THat's been my only problem (I just started 3 days ago).. but I don't remember it being an issue last time. Anybody have experience or insight as to why this may be?
Slimmer Down Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:56 PM   #2  
I'm a loser, yay!

S/C/G: 220/220/140

Height: 5'2"

I had to take more antacids this week for sure but I'm thinking it may be because of the fats increase in my diet. Greasy/fatty foods tend to be bad for GERD and I have been cooking with more butter and so on. I'm trying to find a balance where I can have the fats but not kick up the acid.
everdeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:46 PM   #3  
1 lb at a time!

hmm... yeah i'm taking tums, sometimes need them 2x ina day.. and have to count that towards my carbs.. It's a bit better the past day... but it's weird, didn't know if it was common. Glad to know I'm not hte only one
Old 06-05-2012, 03:21 PM   #4  
I'm a loser, yay!

S/C/G: 220/220/140

Height: 5'2"

I took some Prevacid and also had to have Gaviscon a few times I am much better now, I think. Maybe I just needed to get used to the diet. I did also get a pillow to use at night that props me up better -- if I sleep flat then I get reflux issues. Also watch caffeine and also mint. Mint loosens up your LES (I do not understand why they make mint flavored antacids!). Good luck with it, I have had GERD for years now and it is a real bummer!
everdeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:44 PM   #5  
1 lb at a time!

LOL of course I bought the mint antacids (they were the lowest carb ones I could find haha) It has gotten better, but I feel it still every now and then.. I think it'll go away completely with time, or I hope. It may be stress too. Thanks!!