Old 06-09-2012, 09:03 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/130

Height: 5'9" Age: 19

Steph, it's funny that your "binge-food" is still considered very healthy! Most people would rather go for McDonald's. You're definitely not going to gain weight form this, at worst you'll be stalled a day or however long it takes to get into ketosis. I'm sure your body will appreciate the little break anyway.

Gapeach, thanks! I can't wait to see what I can do once I'm healed.

And way to go Serenity!

I've come to complain. :P With surgery I can't really go out and do much, so I've been laying around most of the day. The meds I'm taking constipate me, which adds to the belly bloat I have from swelling.

I bought a couple loose-fitted dresses to make myself feel better, and they look frumpy with my boob-shrinking sports bras and my belly wanting to stick out a mile.

I'm curious what I weight, but even though I'm on plan I feel like I weight a billion pounds.
Ramra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:36 PM   #107  
Get Me Back Down to 130s

S/C/G: 191/188.6/125

sounds like a good group to join,

sw 188
cw 179
gw 170
fgw 130
losingweightforgood2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:33 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 154.8/126/128

Height: 5'4

aww Ramra remember you just had surgery so take it easy.. once you start to recover the belly bloat will go away.. what's important is that you get better first

Steph I agree with Ramra at least it was sushi and not a box of doughnuts rsomething like that.. I found it hard to stay on plan when I was sick as I had strep throat and all I could eat was soup or yogurt and definitely not meat or anything.. I stalled but after a few days the scale went down like 3 pounds so hang in there and get better..

Serenity congrats on the weight loss I agree that once you have reached your goal and if you feel atkins isn't a lifetime diet for you because it wasn't for me not a full atkins then I would suggest to lose 5 pounds below your goal weight and switch to a plan that will work for you. I'm transitioning to GI Diet and I still watch my carbs and calories and I've stalled but after a few days the scale did move.. so I'm proof that you can switch over..

welcome losingweight
globetrotter74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:18 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 206/222/160

Height: 5'5.5

Hey all, just checking in. I'm home studying and it's coooold! I had a big pity party for myself the other day about this woe but now I'm all good I have no idea what I weigh, that would require taking off way too many clothes and it's too cold, lol. The second I get out of the show I'm rugged up again.

Where's Rho? I haven't seen her in ages.
AnaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:08 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 174/156/135

Height: 5'2"

Weekend drive by-lol

On plan, but I had mexican tonight (within my allotment of calories) BUT I know from the past I am usually up the next day due to sodium so I have to keep telling myself I will not panick tomorrow when I weigh-lol. I am going to workout tonight to hopefully lesson that and am drinking extra water tonight!

Ana, where are you that it is so cold? It's rainy here and kinda yucky but still upper 70's (atlanta never really gets cold-lol)

Ramra- seriously take it easy while you recover, if all you do is maintain (or not gain a lot) don't stress, you will be able to get back to things quickly but only if you allow yourself to heal first! Honestly, it took me several weeks before I could do any exercise...just make sure you are drinking plenty of water and don't stress!

Serenity- good loss!
gapeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:37 PM   #111  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Hi Guys! Can't believe another weekend has gone by. I still haven't gotten to Costco to buy the Bob Harper book, but I wanted to write one piece of the article here. Like I said his skinny rules seem very similar to Dr. A., or there is a new Dr. on PBS with another name Sugar something or other. . .very similar to what we all are doing.

So this is what I like what Bob said in the Costco Connection article. (I'll try to paraphrase a bit)
<<<<<Q: What about when you hit that wall?
Bob: "I think people lose motivation. They might see the number on the scale not change and think "What's the point? I've been working so hard. Last week, I lost this, and this week I lost nothing". When you get pushed to the edge like that that is where your real strength has to come in.>>>>

So, let's make a pact that we are not going to lose motivation just because the scale is not our friend. We know when we are on plan and when we eat a box of cookies. Either way, we can't give up.
Hope everyone has a great week ahead.

Last edited by Serenity100; 06-10-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:31 PM   #112  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

I guess I've been lurking and never posted. I've been reading and thought I posted last week. I'm starting induction tomorrow and my end goal is about 47 lbs, but realistic will be happy goal is 27 lbs. I'm turning 40 this summer and going to NYC and really want to be in the 130s by the time we go. I know that's pushing it as I'm at 162 right now, but I think with this plan and a lot of will power I can do it. I'm inspired by all the great perseverance I'm seeing here!
Rocki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:30 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 174/156/135

Serenity, thank you I needed to hear that!

Welcome Rocki!
gapeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:39 AM   #114  

Welcome Rocki! Your kids are so cute.

Ramra, I didn't say before, but I am glad you are doing well after your surgery. The bloat etc will go away soon, you take care of yourself now

Peach, I'm in Sydney It's winter here and while we don't get winters that are cold by northern hemisphere standards, we also don't have central heating. The 57F and pouring rain outside translates to 63 in my apartment and that's with a heater in the living room (I'm keeping the doors to my bedroom and the bathroom closed, it'll be way colder in there. I also wouldn't stand on my kitchen floor without socks on unless you paid me quite a bit ). Brrrrr! It'd be ok if I were out and about but I've been sitting on my butt all weekend studying.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:50 AM   #115  

Welcome Rocki and your kids are cute when are going to NYC in which month? I know I lost the most weight in my 1st week of induction then it start to slow down.. so maybe in your first week you'll have a 6 or 7 pound loss then it will start to slow down but a loss is a loss and nothing wrong with aiming for 130s may reach that goal by the time you go to NYC

Ana wow it sounds cold.. I said I will get to sydney one day .. my name says it all I've travelled all over the world but not as far as Sydney because I would like to stay for 1 month when I get there but I will get there..

Serenity congrats on the weight loss and thanks for that quote, sometimes we need to hear things like that.. Also for everyone out there try on clothes that couldn't fit for me to see my clothes hanging off me I was dancing like this being a scale addict I will admit it has helped me.. I don't weigh everyday like I used to but every other day and have went 2 days without weighing for me that is good..

gapeach lol don't have a panic attack. you sound like me I retain a lot of water and I mean a lot.. so if you see a 2 pound gain it definitely is water..
Old 06-11-2012, 09:23 AM   #116  
I'm a loser, yay!

S/C/G: 220/220/140

Welcome Rocki!

The scale thing is driving me a bit crackers. It goes up and down by half a lb or more sometimes and I can't trust it anymore. What I do to see if I'm losing weight now is run my hands down my sides and if the curvy bits feel less curvy, I know I'm doing right LOL.
everdeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:25 AM   #117  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Thank you everybody..Had an egg and sausages and echinacea tea for breakfast (my throat is killing me). Getting ready to plug into myfitness pal. Do you all use that? If so, is there a way to make it know you're doing Atkins? LOL..

AnaBee and Globe..thanks for the comments on my girls.. This is an old pic (from when I got to the 120s before), and they were 1.5 & 5.5. They are 5 & 9 now ..

Globe..I'm going to NYC in exactly 2 months (well, exactly from yesterday). August 10 we are leaving. Staying for a week.

I can't catch up on everything going on but I see Ramra had surgery, so I hope recovery goes well!

Anabee..63 inside would be cold to me too! Our house is at 80 and while it feels warm at times, it's mostly comfortable between 77 & 80. I can't handle the cold. Born and raised in Florida. I have a penpal who I've been writing to for 30 years who lives in Wahroonga. She works at Royal North Shore Hospital as a nurse.

PS..When in induction do you all stay within a calorie range, or do you just make sure you're only eating foods on the induction list? I want to do a strict 2 week induction and want to do it right.

Last edited by Rocki; 06-11-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Rocki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:24 AM   #118  

Hi Rocki I don't use fitnesspal but it sounds like a good thing to have. I write down things in my food journal and keep track of my carbs and calories there.. when I started induction I focused more on counting carbs than the calories but I keep an eye on them as well.

I lost 6 pounds the first week then 1 pound the following week so around 7 pounds for the month.. I have been losing weight about 6/7 pounds a month so steady and slow..I will say I didn't exerices as much in the beginning as I do now.. I'm now switching over to the GI Diet and preparing for a little water gain due to adding back some carbs but so far very good no gain at all but just a stall so I'm maintaining which is good but I have 4 pounds to go to goal and I'm going to get there..

Good luck and in 2 months you could lose 20 pounds.. it depends on your body maybe you lose weight quick and everybody is different
Old 06-11-2012, 03:52 PM   #119  

Globe, i hope you make it out here some day and when you do you'll have to let me know

Rocki, so funny about your friend, Royal North Shore is the nearest hospital to me and I may well have seen her there.

Atkins says not to count calories, but that calories do count. I think on induction it's good to eat whenever you are hungry, even if the amount of calories kind of freaks you out. It's a big change likely from people's regular way of eating and he wants them to lose the mindset of weightloss requiring hunger. And in induction the loss is mostly the big water loss you get by lowering your carbs so much. Ongoing though, lots of people do find they have to keep an eye on calories. But at the same time, it's much easier because eating so low carb makes you less hungry. I am planning on keeping a much closer eye on my calories this time round.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:14 PM   #120  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Welcome Rocki! You have joined a great group. If you need any tips on your upcoming NYC trip pm me. I am a NYC born and bred girl.

Dr. A said no need to count calories, but if you read the book closely, certain foods are limited. Cheese is limited to 4 ozs a day, and meat is limited to not more than a 6 oz portion per meal for women. I think butter and cream is limited also. So what else is left to eat? lol
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote