Old 05-21-2012, 01:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 174/156/135

Height: 5'2"

Default Former lurkers first post

Hi all, I've been lurking for about a week now so I decided to finally introduce myself since I know you all already its only far you know me too.

A little about my story....

I did atkins about 12 yrs ago and lost 26 lbs in 6 weeks, but then I went off and gained it all and more back. About 5 yrs ago I decided to do WW and was very successful on it losing 46lbs in 5 months and bringing me to my goal weight for probably the first time in my life. I was able to keep it off for about 3 1/2 yrs but over the last yr or so I have started gaining back about 15-20 total. I decided to finally catch it before it gets too far out of hand so I am back to do atkins. One thing you should know is that I tend to lose and gain weight very fast. I've always been this way no matter how "healthy" I am eating and it generally doesn't mean I am too far off with fluctuations of 2-3 lbs in a day.

Oh yeah, does anyone have any suggestions for breakfast, I am really not a fan of eggs and like mild things for breakfast. I am almost sick of bacon!

Anyway so that is my dieting background. So my plan this time is to be strict atkins for at least a month and then transition back to more of a ww style as that seems to be the style eating I am most capable of maintaining on. That being said, I do always want to keep better control of my carbs as I have always known this is a huge weakness of mine and my body cannot handle too many carbs regardless of calories.

So far I have been doing Atkins for 5 days. I am down 2.4lbs BUT I am a bit discouraged as I was actually down 3.8 two days ago but gained back over the last two days. Not really sure what to make of it because I have been at or below 20 carbs every day. My water intake is good and I am doing some (not a lot) exercise daily. For instance, yesterday I walked at a brisk pace for about 25 minutes as well as doing about 15 minutes of arm weights (5lbs). Oh, I do use the ketostix and have been between small to moderate for the last two days consistantly....in fact today it appears to be trending towards large. Haha I am a habitial pee'er as well as weighing myself probably 2-3 times a day. I know I probably should break that and am going to try to only weigh every other day for a week or so. I will say the one thing about my weighing myself that is good is that I can catch problems early and find that when I go a week or so between weighing it means I am in denial and really am not doing well with my eating!

I have decided today to keep better records of my eating to see if possibly I am just getting too many calories, hopefully that might give me answers or even better hopefully I will wake up tomorrow and be down! Haha

Anyway, I have enjoyed reading everyone's stories the past week and look forward to getting to goal with you all!

Oh btw, current weight 149, my goal would be to get to 125. I plan on sticking to atkins until I am at least into the 130's and we will see beyond that.
gapeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:18 AM   #2  

Well I tracked very closely, I think two things may have been working against me, first I wasn't having enough good carbs and second I may not have been eating enough. Yesterday I had 17 carbs and about 1460 calories(I read somewhere average calories should be 1500-1800) anyway, it worked and I fell to 147.6 which is down 1.4 from the day before and exactly where I was before I gained back starting Saturday. There is still hope then for me to get to 146 in my first week, which is really what I was hoping for. 146 will be my lowest weight since before Christmas and kinda of a mile marker I was hoping to get to. I kept getting to 147 but then going back as high as 153 all winter so that would be a break through! Tomorrow will mark exactly one week on Atkins, so far down 3.8 in 6 days.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:42 AM   #3  

Good morning again, so I am very happy at exactly one week in I am down to 146.6 which is down 4.8 during my first week. To be honest I really would have liked a little more BUT it does bring me to my first mini goal which is the lowest I have been all winter! My next mini goal will be 139 which is the weight were I could officially weigh in at WW and still be at goal...and also a weight that I am certain my weight loss would be obvious at. I'd really like to get to that in the next two weeks. I am hoping for a good second week loss which would help getting to the goal. Watching my calories seems to be helping as I do think I was eating too few calories for a few days which was causing me to actually gain. I am also going to try to step up exercise a little more over the next two week to help me get to my mini goal.

Anyway, I am looking forward to the "4rth of July challenge" but in the meantime I will continue to post here as I know being accountable to something helps keep me in line!

Have a great day all and take it one carb at a time: )
Have a great day all!
Old 05-25-2012, 05:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 156/154/125

Height: 5'1.5"

Good luck gapeach! I have started with Atkins today. I also had success with it some years ago.
happynottsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:25 PM   #5  

Thanks Happy, I am sure you will do great, like I keep telling myself just stick with it and the lbs will go!
Old 05-26-2012, 12:02 AM   #6  

Uggh, frustrated just realized that I had way more carbs than I realized today. I had to eat out all meals and tried to make the right choices, and omelet and two scoops of chicken salad. Turns out that I ended up having 30 grams today! Yuck, oh well, my sticks are still showing moderate so I guess I'll survive-lol but I probably wont see a drop on the scale. Oh well, tomorrow is another day!
Old 05-27-2012, 12:12 AM   #7  

Not a happy scale day and from the looks of things it wont be tomorrow either. I am hoping and thinking it might be TOMS fault but will know in a few days. Eating was good today and my ketosis sticks have stayed light to moderate so hopefully it is just tom and not something else. If it isn't I may really have to rethink things because as of right now I am down a little less than 4 lbs in 10 days and for induction I don't think thats great. Anyway, I will wait at least until the first 2 weeks is completed to decide what to do.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:05 PM   #8  
110lbs BustedOff/more2go

S/C/G: 330/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

could be water retention fluxuation...
I take measurements and weigh myself.
Im more interrested in my body mass shrinkage than what it weighs

keep up the accountablity lady and you will get there!
justanotherchix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:44 PM   #9  

Thanks Chix, just frustrating, I am going to hang in there. If this doesn't work for me I am going to switch things up to another way that has worked for me in the past...just slower than I was hoping! But I am not going to give up...my closet is still full of my "skinny" clothes, I pretty much refused to buy much else so I've been living off a few outfits for quite awhile- haha...but I am determined to be back there sometime this summer! Amazing loss you have had, keep it up, whatever you are doing is working!!!