Old 05-01-2012, 09:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/244/160

Height: 5'5

Default 2nd time around....

8 yrs ago I lost 50 pounds on Atkins and maintained that loss for 4 yrs. After the death of 2 very close family members within 6 mo of each other, all the stress that goes along with handling both estates, the weight krept back on. Over 2 yrs I gained back all of the weight plus 20 more! So I'm back at it. This 2nd time around has been harder, and the weight is not coming off as easy, but I'm determined.
HeyMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 202/190.4/130

Height: 5'3''

HeyMa, sorry for your loss...that must be hard and scary at the same time.
when did you start back on Atkins? I'm planning to start back again hopefully tomorrow. You say the weight is not coming off as easy... how much carb do you consume?
happyrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:56 PM   #3  
Low carb lifestyle

S/C/G: 224/216/165

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyMa View Post
8 yrs ago I lost 50 pounds on Atkins and maintained that loss for 4 yrs. After the death of 2 very close family members within 6 mo of each other, all the stress that goes along with handling both estates, the weight krept back on. Over 2 yrs I gained back all of the weight plus 20 more! So I'm back at it. This 2nd time around has been harder, and the weight is not coming off as easy, but I'm determined.
Welcome back to Atkins! I too am back after prior success with Atkins. I lost about 40 lbs 10 years ago, gained all and then some back when I went back to college. After completing my degree I started on Metabolic Research Center Plan, lost 68 lbs and then got pregnant. I have a beautiful 22 mo old girl and an extra 30 lbs from that pregnancy plus the weight I still needed to lose from before getting pregnant. My current goal is to lose 60 lbs and I am already down 5 lbs after 6 days on Atkins. I am using a great carb counter app on my iphone which has been amazing! I didn't realize how many hidden carbs I had made the mistake of eating in the past because I didn't have this app. It really helps me keep accurate record of what I eat, calories, fiber, carbs, net carbs, fat grams etc. I am excited to be back on Atkins. I know it can work for both of us if we stick with the plan and remember the rules outlined in the book. Wishing you all the best!!! WE CAN DO IT!!
A skinny girl in me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:25 AM   #4  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyMa View Post
Welcome back to Atkins. I just restarted today. I was doing Deal-A-Meal (Richard Simmon's old exchange diet plan) for a while but felt I needed to get back to Atkins. Like you, when I had originally started I lost 50 pounds then my mother passed away and I regained the weight plus more to the tune of over 100 pounds of weight regained. Good luck to you.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote