Down 4 lbs, blood sugars doing better and I'm off diabetes meds now. (They were making me gain weight, and other complications too.)
Last week, I wasn't as strict on induction as I could have been. Today my period started, so perhaps that can explain a little bit of the intense carb cravings. I still have a huge appetite this morning, but not so much for the carbs.
My goals for this week are:
- Stick to induction levels of net carbs.
- Eat enough fats to manage hunger.
- Eat enough protein but not too much later in the day.
- Eat every two to three hours.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Stay on top of my supplements.
- Get back to exercising as soon as I feel well enough. (Still waiting for the drugs to get out of my system.)
I experimented with juicing vegetables last week. Probably not the best time to do that. I can save that for later on this summer. Carbs were definitely higher for me on those days. But my blood sugar numbers didn't go up afterward, so I don't know how to interpret that.
I really hope my appetite reduces this week. I ate a lot of food a couple days, but I averaged about 200 calories per day below RMR throughout the week. I know that eventually eating that much won't result in continued weight loss. When I stop losing weight on carb cutting alone, I'll start cutting some calories. Don't want to mess with that till I get induction phase down!