3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Atkins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/)
-   -   Why did you chose Atkins? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins/257395-why-did-you-chose-atkins.html)

Bonnie+J 04-20-2012 04:12 PM

Why did you chose Atkins?

Hi ladies!

I was just wondering why you all chose to eat the atkins way?
And can i also ask, does your family follow atkins too?

I am 25 years old, 252 lbs and i am losing weight very very slowly. I had my second baby in december, and i lost all the weight i gained during the pregnancy after 2 weeks, so i am lighter now than i was before the pregnancy, but i am losing .2lbs every 2 weeks, even tho i am rigourous with my eating plan. I could exercise more, but my eating is so clean, i dont see a reason why its so slow. My doctor suggested i go low GI, but i am really interested in atkins. I would just like to get a good picture of what to expect really.

Thanks in advance!!
xxx

JerseyGyrl 04-20-2012 04:54 PM

I chose Atkins for 2 reasons...my friend did it and lost 60 lbs on it...and...when I got the book and read it, I knew this was something I could follow and do the rest of my life. That was 8 years ago now and I'm still doing it!:carrot:
If you want to know what to expect with Atkins, I strongly suggest you read the book before you do the program. Educating yourself about how & why this works is critical for doing it correctly. When Atkins is done correctly, it works!

geoblewis 04-20-2012 07:23 PM

I'm one of those slow losers too, but I'm 51. I have type 2 diabetes and PCOS issues as well, so Atkins helps me to battle all of the blood sugar issues. I naturally tend to eat this way, lots of vegetables, good protein sources, and I don't like to eat processed foods so I don't need to buy prepackaged meals to stay on track.

The most difficult part of this is tracking what I'm eating, but I have to do that for all the things I'm dealing with. The easiest part is that I can eat like this anywhere.

But I agree with Jersey, read the book.

Annah 04-21-2012 02:03 PM

i chose atkins because it was so easy to lose weight on and I have a tremendous amount of energy because of it!

While I know most is water weight at first, I am totally loving the fact that Ive lost 10 pounds in two weeks so far!!

Bonnie+J 04-22-2012 03:50 PM

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences ladies!

StephanieM 04-22-2012 06:22 PM

I like Atkins because I don't feel hungry, I get to eat a good variety of foods, and I can lose weight easily on it (moreso than with calorie counting).

It's also not too hard to follow. I log my food with all my carbs and calories each day with my weight. It helps me stay accountable and see what foods affect me.

Yatese 04-30-2012 06:24 PM

So easy that I can always fit it into my meals when I am eating out with friends etc. I am never hungry and feel so great. I agree with the previous posts.....no doubt I can continue eating this way for life. I have to say that even though I have experienced periods when the scale does not show a loss, my body is changing and even went down a size. Once you start and your cravings go away you will love the results. I wish you the best of luck!