Old 04-29-2012, 07:22 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

GOOD MORNING LADIES!!! Today is a new day, I hope you are all feeling great...we still have 4 weeks til Memorial Day so good luck!
minoja75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:11 AM   #152  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Good Morning. Weigh in for me today, and good news to report. Another two lbs gone. That makes it exactly 20 lbs in exactly two months on Atkins. Another beautiful day for walking here, so I have no excuse.

Globe, I hope you went to the Dr. for some meds. and tests. Your throat seems to be taking a long time to get better.

Everyone else seems to be doing okay.

Keep on doing it! We are never going to give up.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:19 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 154.8/126/128

Height: 5'4

congrats serenity thats awesome and 10 pounds per month is great.. not too fast nor too slow.. woohooo

thanks serenity I woke up today and my throat has improved.. still a little painful when swallowing but not like it was. been to doctor so strep throat it was.. it'll be better by mid-week and my voice is coming back..

Will weigh in on Wednesday once I'm off meds.. hopefully I haven't done too much damage but by eating none solids for a few days I don't think I will have done much damage but there were a lot of carbs in those soups and yogurts..

I'm gearing up for the next 4 weeks and hopefully and hopefully can be at leas 8 - 9 pounds lighter and right at my goal.. this sore throat set me back but that's life we can't help when we get sick..

everyone keep up the good work..
globetrotter74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:04 PM   #154  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

Have I mentioned that I have a side business with my mom? We make gourmet cupcakes and cake pops. Anyhow, we did beach wedding themed cupcakes yesterday and do you know how hard it was to not try the home made white chocolate shells or coral or to taste a key lime cupcake or to eat the frosting?!?! I chewed gum the whole time we were baking and decorating and after we set up at the reception I treated myself to $40 of gulf shrimp (boiled), grilled veggies and the most tender steak I've had in a long time! I was so full, crisis AVERTED.
Whew, if I can make it through this weekend then I can make it through the 100 popcorn cupcakes for next, right? The "popcorn" is marshmallows......Oy.
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:17 PM   #155  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietcokehead98 View Post
Have I mentioned that I have a side business with my mom? We make gourmet cupcakes and cake pops. Anyhow, we did beach wedding themed cupcakes yesterday and do you know how hard it was to not try the home made white chocolate shells or coral or to taste a key lime cupcake or to eat the frosting?!?! I chewed gum the whole time we were baking and decorating and after we set up at the reception I treated myself to $40 of gulf shrimp (boiled), grilled veggies and the most tender steak I've had in a long time! I was so full, crisis AVERTED.
Whew, if I can make it through this weekend then I can make it through the 100 popcorn cupcakes for next, right? The "popcorn" is marshmallows......Oy.
Diet you definitely deserve applause for that. Being around all those delicious carbs and survive tells you that you definitely have will power .
Old 04-29-2012, 12:26 PM   #156  

Thanks! We even went as far as wishing dairy queen had a sugar free high protein blizzard. We named it the Bacon Blizzard. Low carb SF ice cream with huge pieces of bacon......lol
Old 04-29-2012, 12:40 PM   #157  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

178.4 today, definitely shocked to see that number! Happy though I like being on plan, I do so well when I don't stray. I feel like I'm on a roll lately and I don't want to trip it up.

Today we're going out to lunch with my step daughter, then dinner with the in laws. Made a salad for lunch since she usually chooses McDonalds (she's 8 and likes the toys and play area). Dinner is supposed to be hot dogs and hamburgers which I can just have bunless
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:44 PM   #158  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

So glad you're a bit better globe . . . Ima "strep veteran", suffering from childhood all the way into my 20's with bout after bout . . . have only had occasionally since, Thank God - just misery. (I'm 51) Think reading "soup talk" has made me hungry for it lol . . . going to make a batch of this from Linda's site and concentrate on soup/salad this week . . . think I've been trending back to beef-porkAmania since being back op...BUT...down another lb!

CAULIFLOWER BISQUE-- http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/cauliflower_bisque.html

1 small cauliflower, cut into small chunks, about 20 ounces after trimming
1 small onion, diced or leeks, chopped, 2 1/2 ounces
2 tablespoons celery, finely chopped
2 tablespoons butter
3 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped *

In a 3-quart saucepan, sauté the onion or leek and celery in the butter until tender. Add the chopped cauliflower, a bit of salt and pepper and the broth; bring to a boil. Turn down the heat to low; cover and simmer until the cauliflower is very tender, about 20-25 minutes. Use a stick blender to puree the soup until completely smooth and thick. Add the cream; mix well. Add salt and pepper, if needed. Stir in the parsley and serve.

Makes about 6 cups or 6 big servings
Can be frozen

* Do not use dried parsley.

Per Serving: 150 Calories; 12g Fat; 5g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs

This reminded me of the Leek and Potato Soup that I'd eaten several times while in England and is one of my favorite soups. You could also add some cooked shrimp or crab for a seafood bisque.

UPDATE: I made this recipe using a broccoflower just to see what it was like. The flavor wasn't any different than with cauliflower but the color came out a bit like a pale split pea soup. I don't recommend spending a lot of money for a broccoflower if you can get regular cauliflower cheaper. I found the broccoflower for 99˘ so it was a bargain and worth trying. The label on the broccoflower claimed that it's a cross between cauliflower and broccoli but the Cook's Thesaurus says it's just a green variety of cauliflower. I'm inclined to believe that description after tasting it. For information about stick blenders, click here.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:59 PM   #159  
aud
lc lifestyle

Tx for the reminder minoJ . . . 4 weeks seems doable! And yay for serenity and steph. It's cold and dreary here in MO - getting ready to bundle up and hit the bike trail. I'm loving my audiobook "The Other Side of Midnight" Sidney Sheldon - so hopefully I'll be distracted enough not to notice how miserablke I'll be?!

(Hope no one minds my "double postings" ... it's just when I paste a recipe, it makes it so long when I continue to chat?)

So yeah, I'm trending again to only beefs and porks but am getting my veggies as well (cabbage/turnips and green beans last week...and did manage to get salmon to break it up.) Cooking today for the week and remembering to get some tuna salad ready in the fridge and also some stuffed jalapenos (only I got those bigger peppers that I can never remember the name of lol) I'm also going to try making a batch of the cauli-mash and freezing scoops in sandwich bags....that might be a good idea to take along to your in-laws steph? You could eat whatever main meat they're having--but then have your own satisfying side dish handy? I've still got the "Clouds" and "Choco-Cheesecake Bites" in the freezer - I'm eating very sparingly, and just being in there has kept the Binge Monster at bay!

(I could go for a Bacon Blizzard at any time tho!) Hang in there dietcokeH . . . you have AMAZING willpower! There are several "Induction-friendly" desserts @ Linda's site - maybe you could use your facility to have some on hand for yourself too? Altho' the dinner you described really takes away that "deprived" feeling, I bet!

Off for a ticker change - have a great rest of our Sunday All!
Old 04-29-2012, 02:00 PM   #160  
aud
lc lifestyle

Induction recipes have *

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/dessert_recipes.html
Old 04-29-2012, 08:02 PM   #161  

Thanks, aud. I'm a big fan of Linda's low carb site. I've been with 3fc since 2001, when I did atkins to lose weight before my wedding. Then i came back after I had my daughter (9 years ago) and I'm back now because in the past 5 years I've moved across country, quit smoking and just decided to "screw it" and eat what I want.
Today i bought a wedge of brie as my "sweet" snack. I'm going to have it with celery and by itself and i'm going to ENJOY IT to death!!!!
Old 04-29-2012, 08:07 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 206/222/160

Height: 5'5.5

Yikes, I got way behind! Globe, sorry to hear you're still so sick, I hope you get better really soon.

Steph, awesome losses! Our numbers are so similar, I am trying to follow you. I had a bad week but stupid slips are so not worth it. I need to ditch the diet coke AGAIN, man, that stuff sucks me in. This morning I was really wishing for tea so I think I'll get some heavy cream and have that in tea for a few days while I wean myself off the caffeine again. It's getting cold here and a hot drink is so nice when I drag myself out of bed at 5am...

Selway, I'm one who gets really hungry if I eat artificial sweeteners or much caffeine - cutting both out usually gives me a whoosh.
AnaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:09 PM   #163  
Idaho

Height: 5'7"

Wow, congratulations to all of you losers!!

Thank you for the responses to the hunger problem. Two days with no caffeine and no aspartame and surprise, not hungry today! Amazing how things work better for me when I follow the directions!
selway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:29 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 265/264/165

Height: 5'8

Congrats to all of you with losses!
Globe hang in there, being sick is the worst, I am just getting over a sore throat and cough myself. I usually don't have weight gain if I'm sick because I eat so little and it seems like my body is fighting so hard so hopefully it's the same for you
Back on plan for four days and I'm feeling way better. My weight spiked up to 220 when I was offp but has dropped back down to 212.2 (funny same weight I already had listed).
Aud I finally made the cream cheese clouds and those have really helped in keeping the sugar cravings at bay. I also bought some sugar free jello which helps me when I'm feel nauseous (from pain and pain meds ugh!).
Selway I never thought about too much aspartame making me more hungry but I could see that happening. I drink diet soda when I'm at work, maybe I should switch to just coffee when I'm feeling tired.
Diet: that's some willpower! I love baking but I've been holding off because I don't want to be tempted to sample the results.
airomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:40 AM   #165  

Thanks everyone and I can finally say that today my throat doesn't feel like it is on fire.... I even could eat a boiled egg, yes!!!!!

Aug thanks for all the lovely soup ingredients they will become a part of my plan LOL.. you dealt with throat problems for how long I had this for 4/5 days and thought I was on my death bed..

AnB and Sel thanks for the kind words and I will say I haven't been that sick for years I mean like, maybe when I was 12 and I'm in my 30s now..

Air I hope I haven't gain anything as I did eat some yogurt and soups that were high in carbs but it was all I could eat..I'll weigh in tomorrow and hope the scale is nice to me LOL..

4 weeks to go and I'm aiming for at least 2 pounds a week I can do it!!

Congrats again Step and all the other losers as well..