3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Atkins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/)
-   -   Other than health.... why? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins/254316-other-than-health-why.html)

Brooklynn 03-06-2012 10:19 AM

Other than health.... why?

So I know most of us want to lose weight for our health, to have more energy and just feel better. But other than that what reason or things do you look forward to when you are at your goal?

Mine: being able to shop at platos closet!
Not being over weight when I start the nursing program.
Wear a cute Halloween costume.
not getting frustrated when clothes shopping.
looking good in sexy undergarments for my honey!
And then there is one perk to add to my s*x life about being light ... but Ill just let you guess lol.

I know mine are pretty trivial but these along with being healthier, more active and more energy for my kidos keep me going .... so I ask....

whats yours?

JP Maidstone 03-06-2012 12:34 PM

Those things are definitely not trivial at all. :o)

* I want to ride on amusement rides with my kids (Now, I'm too scared to even get in line for fear of embarrassing myself when they say "I'm sorry, you won't fit"

* I have 3 boys. I want to be able to do a good job at keeping up. I want to ski, hike, bike ride and play sports with them

* I want to wear clothes from normal stores.

* I don't want to be self conscious anymore.

I'm sure I can come up with a lot more!

StephanieM 03-06-2012 12:51 PM

*I want to get back into my pre pregnancy clothes. Even my old fat clothes don't fit because my hips widened when I gave birth.
*I refuse to buy clothes at the plus sized store, and that's where I'm sitting on the border of.
*I want to get to a healthy weight and stay at that weight for at least a year before I get pregnant again.
*I lost weight originally so when I did have kids I would be a good role model. Now my daughters here and I'm heavy again from the pregnancy I realise I have to do this for her.

EagleRiverDee 03-06-2012 01:38 PM

Health is, of course, my primary goal. But here are my other reasons:
-I want to be able to fit into an airplane seat comfortably.
-I want to be able to get *good* private health insurance. Right now I'm stuck with a crappy insurer because Blue Cross won't accept me and neither will Aetna.
-I want to be able to shop for clothes at all those cute places that don't carry plus sizes.
-I want to look good in and out of my clothes.
-I want my back and knee pain to go away.
-I want to live a long, healthy, happy life.
-I want to feel good enough to do the outdoor activities I love for as long as I want without my weight making me tired.
-I want to stop being dismissed by people who only see a fat person.
-I don't one one more person to tell me that they didn't recognize me because I've gained so much weight.
-I want to be able to sit on a couch at a friends house without immediately looking for the decorative pillow to hold over my stomach to hide how fat it is.

fatklr 03-06-2012 03:43 PM

Definitely good health is the top priority, but other than that:
-I want to walk around proud of the way I look, with some strut in my step
-I want to be able to fit comfortable in restaurant booths without moving the tables...if they aren't bolted to the ground :(
-I want to be able to fit in an airplane seat without having to get the seat belt extension
-I want to be able to shop in the skinny girl clothing stores
-I want to be able to wear a bathing suit and not worry about anyone looking at me funny
-I want to be able to eat to live, not live to eat
-I want to eventually wake up in the morning with nothing but going for a morning jog/run on the brain
-I want to look the best I have ever looked in my adult life.

There are many other reasons, but I will go with these for now.

surfergirl2 03-06-2012 03:48 PM

My mental health. I'm concerned that i'm always thinking about food or worried about what i'm going to eat or madly craving food (in a mental, not physical way). I really want to train myself to eat and think like a normal person...not a food-obsessed person.

cldwv 03-06-2012 04:14 PM

I don't want to spend the second half of my 40s fat.
I want to feel good about myself and like what I see in the mirror.
I want to have my photograph taken without feeling absolute dread.

Serenity100 03-06-2012 04:18 PM

Such great answers. I agree with almost all of them. I would like to add:

* I would like to be proud of my body instead of embarassed

Natalia 03-06-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cldwv (Post 4243322)
I don't want to spend the second half of my 40s fat.
I want to feel good about myself and like what I see in the mirror.
I want to have my photograph taken without feeling absolute dread.

Yeah, that! I HATE getting my picture taken.

For me, im just tired of life passing me by while i sit, chubby and self- conscious. I am getting better; for awhile I just looked like a slob bc I felt, whats the point? I'm still ugly and chubby. Now i decided I deserve to feel feminine ( i have chronic disease and other private things going on to make me feel unfemnine)
So, i get my nails done, i have a cute haircut, i colour my hair, wear bangle bracelet n pretty hoops, and non cheap makeup. I feel so much better about myself and realize lifes too short! If i wait until my bmi is "normal" i may be waiting my life away. I can be beautiful during my transition, too! And, its amazing how one positive change begets another. Feeling good about myself makes me want to better myself further. :)

canadianwoman 03-08-2012 10:42 AM

I want more energy to do what I want to do.

Brooklynn 03-08-2012 11:30 AM

I have three boys and even if you were in healthy shape they would be hard to keep up with. So I am looking forward to the day that I dont smoke and I am not fat so I can run and play with them even more than I do now!!!! They keep me going!

globetrotter74 03-09-2012 01:59 PM

wow some great posts and mines fall in line with most of them except the kids part as I have none..

lovemydoggiesx2 03-09-2012 02:06 PM

I am losing weight so I can have a baby, or few.

airomatic 03-09-2012 03:35 PM

I am right there with you guys, the keeping up with my son part is super important. I'm also hoping that if I lose weight my back will get better. Another reason is summer is coming up and I want to be able to wear cute summer clothes without feeling self conscious.

Dolly Sunshine 03-09-2012 06:48 PM

This may sound shallow but I want a few of my exes to kick themselves in their behinds. :)