Thinking of doing Induction....some questions for the vets!

• Hello Everyone!

I am thinking of doing a round of the induction portion of Atkins. I have been doing low carb for about 7 weeks now and have lost 10 lbs but I have not been strict like induction is. I have had foods that are not on the acceptable list for induction and I have my cheat days usually the day I weigh myself each week. Still I am coming up with a loss every week with two weeks of staying the same out of the 7.

Anyway, I guess my question is will the induction give me a good boost or because I have been eating low carb this whole time will I not get that same result?

Also, can anyone share their weight loss experience after doing the induction? It says you can lose up to 15 lbs in the two weeks which would be wonderful but I don't see that kind of result for me. I would be happy with half that in the two weeks!

I am leaving for a trip on April 20th and would love to lose another 10lbs by then. Just wondering if this would help things along.

Any helpful hints would be wonderful!! I love this site, and know there are so many people out there to help!

Thanks in advance,

J
  • Everyone is different, you may actually lose a bit more each week then how you are eating now since it is more restrictive and specific.

The first time I did induction I was close to goal, 160 lbs. I lost 14 lbs in a month and that was including a week where I stalled because I tried the Atkins bars which don't agree with me. This time around I have just finished a month on induction and lost 12 lbs. I stalled for a week this time as well, but I think it's because my body is a mess of hormones right now. I just had a baby, started a new birth control (which causes bloating) and just Friday got my first period since giving birth and am now just seeing a drop again. I also cheat by drinking diet coke and rye on induction, I would lose a lot more if I didn't.

I would say try it It may speed up your weight loss and help you reach that goal in time.
  • Thanks Stephanie, I appreciate the response!

I too tried the atkins bars, I was hesitant because I was doing a good job without meal bars etc., but thought they would be a good thing since half the time I am rushing every morning getting my 5 yr old and 9 yr old to school! The week I did them I stay the same, so gave them up and then the next week lost 2.5 lbs.

I am going to give it a shot, I am already in this mode so why not see what more I can accomplish. I am thinking it won't be as drastic since I have already cut alot of carbs out!!

Thanks again, good luck on your weight loss journey!! You seem to be doing a great job!!

J
  • I would definitely skip the bars if your looking to lose a lot by a certain time frame.

This site has a lot of good recipes, things marked with a * are okay for induction. Might help with some ideas for when you are in a rush. www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html

Thanks and good luck as well! Maybe join the Easter challenge thread since your goal is close to Easter. We all motivate each other through our losses.
  • Hi jmcNYI agree with Stephanie and go for it. Like she siad everybody is different and some lose weight quicker and others not. But if you are doing low carb but not induction I would think it may speed up the weight loss. Just be careful of foods that are known to cause stalls like the atkins bars.

Good luck and welcome to the group. You shoudl join the Easter Challenge
  • Thanks guys!!

I was considering joining the group but thought since you started a few weeks ago that it was to late. Wish I would have caught it from the beginning I would have totally joined. OMG, my dream would be to lose 20 lbs by Easter!! That would be amazing! I am trying to stay positive but at the rate I have been losing these past few weeks I feel like losing 20 lbs by then would be pretty impossible. That is why I considered induction for a pick me up so to speak...lol!

Ahhhhh, maybe I will join that club! I could use the motivation!!

Thanks again guys!! You are the best!!
  • No problem Hope to see you over there!