Old 03-08-2012, 10:43 AM   #16  

Height: 5'3"

I will raise my carbs a little higher when I am 20 pounds away from goal.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:48 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 154.8/126/128

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianwoman View Post
I will raise my carbs a little higher when I am 20 pounds away from goal.
That sounds like a good plan. I'm 23 pounds away from my goal so i said I'm going to stick with Induction and once I have reached goal then start to add carbs back 5 grams per week. I was even thinking about sticking to a low carb diet after I've reached goal and give myself one day a month to eat what I want. This time I'm going to reach goal and continue on with maintaining. I've learned from my mistakes.
globetrotter74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:46 PM   #18  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter74 View Post
That sounds like a good plan. I'm 23 pounds away from my goal so i said I'm going to stick with Induction and once I have reached goal then start to add carbs back 5 grams per week. I was even thinking about sticking to a low carb diet after I've reached goal and give myself one day a month to eat what I want. This time I'm going to reach goal and continue on with maintaining. I've learned from my mistakes.
I was going to up my carbs only 2 per day per week and see where that brings me.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:26 AM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianwoman View Post
I was going to up my carbs only 2 per day per week and see where that brings me.
I was thinking to do 5 carbs per week. I'm hoping I will have reached my goal by the first of May.. but I know from the last time I did this diet a few years back that I got lazy and didn't stick to not only low carbing but just eating healthy and right.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:19 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi all...I too am in the induction phase and plan to stay here until I feel it's safe to move to phase 2 but I'm pretty sure it will be when I hit goal. I did Atkins a while back and it worked well but then of course with all the down talk about it I looked for something else and found the Michael Thurmond plan which was okay but seemed like I was always hungry and always trying to figure out what the heck to eat to have any type of variety. After the break up make up game with that I finally went completely off track and gained back every pound in my life I had ever carried plus 30 more. This time I decided on Atkins and am loving it...I feel like there are so many yummy things I can make and so many grab and go snacks and the shakes really save me. I tried the all phases bars but every time I use them even if it's only one a day my weight loss slows so only shakes and real food. I am hoping to finally take this weight off for good and so far this has been working really well for me. I think that no matter how long I wait to move on to phase 2 I will always be a little apprehensive about it but like most of you were saying I will try just adding a couple extra carbs and see what happens.

Good luck to all of you on your journey!!!
minoja75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:17 AM   #21  

Hey Minoja, congrats on the weight loss.. I do understand where you are coming from. You have to find a diet and a system that works best for you. I've never heard of the Michael Thurmond plan but in the end if it really didn't work for you a in the sense you were hungry and didn't know what to est etc.. then it is best to find a plan that tailors your lifestyle. Atkins has always worked for me I just got lazy a few years back and didn't stick healthier eating habits. I'm 22 pounds within my goal and I'm still pretty much sticking to induction. The scale is moving steady and that is what I want

This forum is great for sharing ideas and motivation..
Old 03-20-2012, 06:21 AM   #22  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by minoja75 View Post
I tried the all phases bars but every time I use them even if it's only one a day my weight loss slows so only shakes and real food.
Keep in mind those Atkins bars are really not Induction appropriate since they contain ingredients not on the acceptable foods list like milk, peanuts & soy.
This might help you have a better understanding of those bars
http://www.phlaunt.com/lowcarb/19059967.php

JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:10 AM   #23  

That's very true JerseyGyrl, I never really got into the shakes and bars, so it never has been a problem for me. I know from others that is does cause stalls in induction.

Last edited by globetrotter74; 03-20-2012 at 09:12 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-20-2012, 10:27 AM   #24  

Thanks globetrotter74 and JerseyGyrl! Love this forum too! And thank you JerseyGyrl for the info. I think that I ignored the ingredients in those bars since not knowing meant I could eat a candy bar on my diet but I have learned my lesson. The main reason I like the shakes though is because it's hard for me to stomach the thought of eating breakfast sometimes so at least with those I am getting the protein I need without getting off track by not eating at all.
Congratulations to you both on your success! Good luck globetrotter74 with that last 22 pounds, I'm sure it will be gone before you know it!

JerseyGyrl-I saw your before and after pics and you look amazing! What a great job!
Old 03-20-2012, 10:37 AM   #25  

Okay...well I just read the information on that site you provided and I think I am definitely going to give up the shakes as well...wow, I will have to think twice next time I want to choose to turn a blind eye! Thanks again, this will probably help me reach my goal a little faster.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:06 AM   #26  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by minoja75 View Post
JerseyGyrl-I saw your before and after pics and you look amazing! What a great job!
Thank you for your kind words
In a few weeks, I'll be celebrating 8 years on Atkins
I'm a fixture on this board and will always continue to tell people about the Atkins lifestyle!
All the best to you!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:12 PM   #27  

Thanks for the encouragement minoja. It feels good to see that I'm getting close to my goal..

You keep on going and you will see the results
Old 03-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 206/195/121

Height: 5'4"

It just occured to me that the reason I am staying on induction so long is because I never can stick to it 100% for two weeks....
Buckaustink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:23 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckaustink View Post
It just occured to me that the reason I am staying on induction so long is because I never can stick to it 100% for two weeks....
I know it can be hard for those especially if you are used to a glass of wine or fruit, but just know once you make it through those first 2 weeks you will be able to gradually add back somethings.. Hang in there..

Last edited by globetrotter74; 03-21-2012 at 04:24 PM.