Old 03-07-2012, 10:07 AM   #91  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

I woke up sick today and thought 'f*ck it, I'm going to cheat and have some neocitran and toast'

Then I stepped on the scale and it said 185.6. I'm going to keep trucking along then! My husband and I are both sick and I'm hoping my daughter doesn't catch it.

I kept my calories around 1200 yesterday and took the vitamin B and was better with my water so I think that might have been the right combo for helping my weight loss. I may have to just keep my calories on the low side if I still want to lose on this medication. Some say it makes you overeat, others say that it messes with your metabolism.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:17 AM   #92  
Cindy

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynn View Post
are you drinking pop, eating atkins bars, using fake sugar in any other way? These things didnt stall me last time I was on atkins but did this time.
Do you guys really think splenda and diet soda make that much of a difference. I've not been paying attention to my intake of it as I didn't really believe it would slow me.
cldwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cldwv View Post
Do you guys really think splenda and diet soda make that much of a difference. I've not been paying attention to my intake of it as I didn't really believe it would slow me.
yes I do but not for all people. Like I said last time I did atkins it didnt bother me at all I didnt even count it as carbs, now it seems to stall me badly!
Brooklynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:44 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Hello Ladies. I have finished one week of induction. I lost 4 pounds. I am staring to feel better and feel more energized. I have not been exercising but I will. I have been trying new recipies and mixing it up a bit and that keeps me from being bored and wanting to cheat. My sons 4th birthday was saturday and I did not cheat at all, no cake, no ice cream. I did make a cheesecake- induction style so I had something sweet along with everyone else. The only thing I miss is fruit. but I certainly can resist that. I know I will stay on induction at least one more week but I think I may try longer. Who knows!
Hope everyone has a great day!!!Lets keep Loosing!!!
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:25 PM   #95  
Cindy

Height: 5' 8"

Thanks Brooklynn! I'll try to be more aware of sweeteners. I'll have to get used to my tea that way as I easily use 5 packets of splenda a day.
cldwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:07 PM   #96  
Losing the baby weight

Congrats on the loss sweetandspicey! I've just finished a month of induction and I'm doing it a bit longer because I'm not bored of the food and I still have quite a bit to lose
Old 03-07-2012, 08:31 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 154.8/126/128

Height: 5'4

congrats sweet.. keep on going..

the comments about the stalls.. I've heard a lot of people that says diet pop and atkins bars often stall them, but like what Brooklynn said it's not everyone that experience these stalls...

Step sorry to hear you are sick.. just take car of yourself.. my scale is starting to move down again and I think it was TOM..
globetrotter74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:31 AM   #98  
Losing the baby weight

Still sick, 185.6 again. Better than a gain.

Feeling blah. But still staying on plan.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:59 AM   #99  
Losing the baby weight

185.0, still sick. Even though my weight has been bouncing around, it does get lower slowly and I'm fine with that. If I end up losing a few lbs a month it's still a few lbs lost and a few lbs closer to my goal.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:34 PM   #100  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynn View Post
had a woosh this morning! I am very exited because the scale hasn't moved in more than a week! down from 198 to 195 this week. so that end the first two weeks of induction with a 13lb loss!
CONGRATS Brooklyn.. I thought AF was the guilty party. At least you know now the next time she comes around how your weight will go up and down..
Old 03-09-2012, 01:37 PM   #101  

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieM View Post
185.0, still sick. Even though my weight has been bouncing around, it does get lower slowly and I'm fine with that. If I end up losing a few lbs a month it's still a few lbs lost and a few lbs closer to my goal.
Aww Steph hope you get better soon.. I think TOM is causing a lot of stalls and weight gain and probably your medication. Hang in there.. I'm not sure if I'm going to make 20 lbs by Easter but I'm going to try. I'll be happy with 10 pounds or more..
Old 03-09-2012, 04:47 PM   #102  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieM View Post
Feel better Stephanie, don't beat yourself up. You have lost 40lbs so far, that is fantastic!
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:51 PM   #103  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Last night I had the craziest dream about this diet. I think my subconscious was telling me something. . . In the dream I absentmindedly shoved some pretzels in my mouth. I remember thinking "Oh no, why did I eat that!"

I am taking this as my subconscious telling me not to sabotage my good work with my bad habits. Yes, I'm the Queen of Sabotaging myself. This time, I am not going to allow this to happen.

Keep on Doing It.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #104  
Losing the baby weight

Yeah, I don't think I'm going to make goal either! I made such a large one too. I'll be happy to hit 180 by Easter, or to be in the 170's at least would be nice.

I'm actually still bleeding lightly too, it's a week today. I'm going to have my husband measure me tomorrow though I'd like to see how things look that way.

Thanks guys

Serenity, I totally have those dreams! It's so weird, I wake up feeling like I cheated.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:33 PM   #105  
carvinmom

S/C/G: 359/254/150

Height: 5'5''

Default Easter Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by airomatic View Post
Carvinmom: I've been struggling through the first two weeks too, it's tough getting back on track with menus and such and readjusting. One thing I do when I'm hungry and on the go is drink protein shakes. I found some protein powder that's about 4 net carbs I believe and if you combine it with unsweetened almond milk it shouldn't be much higher in carbs. I found another brand at a health food store here that only had 1 or 2 net carbs but it was much more expensive. Other options are keeping veggies around that you can easily grab, sometimes I just make a salad and throw on some protein like tuna or chicken just to tide me over and also pepperoni sticks are good. Good luck!
thanks for the ideas.. i do the protein drinks and stick in some ground flax for constipation. I get so i want something cruncheeee so darn bad. Also have to stay off the salt plus stick to my low carbing.. found a low carb yogurt at Smiths which is really good, kroger brand.. good luck with your journey.....
carvinmom is offline   Reply With Quote