Old 09-08-2011, 10:04 PM   #1  
Loser :-)

S/C/G: 273/251/175

Height: 5ft8

Talking NSV: Husband commited too.

Today we had another back procedure with his doctor, i.e. epidural shot to reduce the swelling on the bulging disk. The Dr. asked how the weight loss was going. Husband proudly told him we started Atkins and are following it very closely.

When we got home, he suggested "we" clean out the cupboards, fridge and pantry of all the foods we aren't eating anymore. He sat in the recliner with ice on his back while I filled two white kitchen trash bags with pasta, instant soup, minute rice, 2 loaves of bread that we just bought last Friday, hamburger helper, cream of whatsit soups, white rice, cookies, crackers, soda, jam, jelly, cup-o-soups, ramen noodles, etc. etc. The unopened stuff I'm giving to my friend who regularly has to visit the food bank, the opened stuff unfortunately had to go into the trash.

This is a first! In the past he would never throwout or give away perfectly good food. He would have suggested we use it all up and then start "getting healthy" another day.

Our pantry, fridge and cupboards are looking a little bare. I did save Mac-n-cheese, tortillas, pudding cups, for my son to eat until he gets used to the new lifestyle we've embraced.
Michelle98272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:17 PM   #2  

Height: 5'5"

That's great!

My boyfriend isn't doing atkins (or doesn't know that he is) but he likes the food I make! He eats his carbs out of the house and I always add some extra starchy veggies/fruit to his meal.

Ie the other night we both had zucchini au gratin and steak and then I gave him sliced tomoatoes as a side and a slice of cake for dessert.
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote