Old 06-25-2011, 03:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 202.5/189/120

Height: 5'2

Default You never realise how many carbs you're eating...

...until you try to cut them all out. Ok, this is my second time trying the Atkins diet but I am still surprised by what I can and can't eat or more precisely the amount of things I can't eat. Less than 24 hours and am already really missing some stuff, two of my meals today have been identical. The biggest difference is this time I'm a doing it alone, my boyfriend is not joining me on this one.

I only lasted a week last time before I decided I would rather not eat than have another f***ing salad. I have slightly more idea this time of lunches and snacks.

What I really want to ask is how did you keep going in the initial weeks? How did you put off the cravings? Is there anyway to satisfy a sweet tooth when you know you can't have any sugar?

Also do you have any Atkins friendly ideas for making the same old food more interesting? I'm really only on meat and veg cos I don't like fish, nuts or eggs.
roobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 06:12 PM   #2  

Height: 5'3"

If I want something sweet I drink an Atkins shake. I love them ice cold.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 305/290/155

Height: 5'7"

There are lots of recipes out there to replace just about any high carb item. What are you craving? I miss pizza a lot so I found a low carb pizza crust. The mashed cauliflower is a yummy alternative to potatoes, and for a sweet tooth, I usually whip a little bit of heavy whipping cream w/ a dab of splenda, add a little splenda w/ my nuts(not on induction), or mix cream cheese with a little splenda. There's lots of recipes on here in the recipe section, and if you google Linda's low carb recipe, her site has a TON of great ideas.
I'm not much of a salad eater, so I usually either grill, steam or sautee my veggies. I only have a salad about 1-2 times a week.
There's lots of ways to be satisfied on atkins, you don't have to eat the same thing everyday. Good luck!
startanew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 02:52 PM   #4  
Haters gonna hate

S/C/G: 187.5/175.2/140

Height: 5'3

i don't know any other diet where u can eat hot wings, cheesy omelettes, and bacon, steak and full fat salad dressing!!

i focus on the positives of the diet and don't lament the bun! LOL

good luck!!
SunnyDC is offline   Reply With Quote