Old 06-21-2011, 08:45 PM   #1  
banned

Height: 5'8

Default Might join you guys...

Good evening everyone,

I've been reading posts for the last hour and decided to post a message.
A friend of mine told me she wanted to start Atkins today...I thought "Maybe I should join her"... I started reading about it and I had my "ah-ha" moment.

I lost a lot of weight 2 years ago...but didn't reach my goal. Now, I'm back up again...and I don't want to do yet another diet... I want to figure out what's going on...I want answers... I've been telling my husband - I don't know what's wrong...we're eating the same stuff and he lost 20 pounds in 2 months... I'm thinking - carbs....carbs are probably too much for me.

So all this to say that this seems like what I need to do...any good stories for me, to encourage me to really DO this?
Chantal0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:25 PM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

If you want living proof Atkins works....I'm living proof! When its done correctly, Atkins works! My best advice is to read the book (Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution 2002 or prior versions) amd try it for 2 weeks. I think you will be encouraged to continue! You CAN do this!
All the best to you!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 278/209/199

Height: 5'9"

I really love the low carb way of life. It takes a few weeks to get used to, but now I feel like I can do this forever!! Hope you find the support you need here. Good Luck!
sunlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:44 PM   #4  

I used to be on South Beach and lost but regained +.

During the winter I listened to an audiobook on my way to/from work - Why We Get Fat by Gary Taubes. It was different than reading a normal diet book where you aren't sure if someone has an agenda or wants to sell something. This was an examination of diets from 1800's onwards and an eye-opening reporting of how the low fat diets came to be cut in stone. I suddenly felt like I had science on my side. Objective, non-agenda, non-marketing information about why I have gotten so fat. So I was following the ideas in the book and realized I was actually on Atkins.

There are a lot of people who are quietly on Atkins out there. They just stopped talking about it because of the misconceptions.

That's how I turned up here. Sorry for the long story, but if you are looking to be convinced, try that book. Then try Atkins and see it if works for you.

Last edited by Heidi; 06-23-2011 at 06:47 AM.
Heidi is offline   Reply With Quote