Old 06-11-2011, 05:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 221/221/150

Height: 5'2"

Smile protean shakes

can some one tell me where you get the low cab protean shakes at or how you make them
dorisfields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 05:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 208(preg)/179/135?

Height: 5'3"

Whey Protein is all low carb. You can make them with milk, but I personally use just water in them to not load up on calories. You can find protein everywhere. Things to watch for is the sugar content in them.
ryeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I'm not on Atkins, but am on a low-carb exchange plan, and I use unflavored whey protein powder (0-2g carbs, depending on the brand).

If I'm going to use it as a brunch smoothie, I'll use skim milk (which wouldn't be appropriate for induction) or a mixture of water and coconut milk (carb counts also can vary, but it's usually around 2g. It is high fat, though, but in Atkins that's not usually a problem).

There are ready-to-drink Atkins shakes. I haven't tried them, but the carb counts are fairly low (I'm not sure if they're low enough for induction, though).

There are low-carb protein powders that are flavored and sweetened, but you have to read the carb content and ingredients on the nutrition labels, because many contain sugar and other high-carb ingredients.

If you check on amazon.com there are several low-carb smoothie recipe books, such as Low-Carb Smoothies by Dana Carpender.

There are also a lot of recipes online (I just use google to find them whenever I'm looking for recipe ideas).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 216.5/ticker/153

Height: 5'4''

I use NOW whey protein ISOLATE, unflavored. The stuff mixes GREAT so you can add it to almost ANYTHING. I put mine in my cappuccino which is 1/4c heavy cream, 1/2c 2% milk (for lower carb, unsweetened Almond Breeze is good!), double shot of espresso, and then Sweetleaf and Splenda to taste. Blend it up and then I like to put in LOTS of ice! YUM. But you can do similar with berries and yogurt, cocoa and milk/almond breeze, or even cocoa and PB if you don't mind your counts being a bit higher. It's all about playing with what you like! There are LOTS of recipes -- just google Low carb protein shakes. But out of ALL the protein powders I've tried, the NOW brand is what I prefer for not only carbs, but cals, fat, purity, taste and blendability.
JustJ280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:51 PM   #5  

Talking

A really great whey protein isolate is from 4 Ever Fit. I like the tropical Mango. No milk needed. It mixes like you're having a fruity protein water. I love it! 100 cals, 0 fat, 1 carb, 24 grams of protein, 0 sugars.
6ladybugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 216.5/ticker/153

Height: 5'4''

Oooh! Thanks 6ladybugs! I will have to try that one. Huge fan of anything mango! I did use a protein water supplement at one time, but it wasn't worth the cals for the tiny amount of protein. So, I'm really excited to find a fruity one that you don't need something 'creamy' to blend it with.
JustJ280 is offline   Reply With Quote