Old 04-01-2011, 12:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

Default APRIL Atkins Thread

April 1st! Time for a new thread. How is everyone doing?

I'm happy to say I met the easter challenge goal of 15lbs! My newest goal is 199 by May. Pretty ambitious but I think I can do it!
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 365/356/180

Height: 5'7"

Day 1 for me, but going strong! I'm still tossing back and forth about whether or not to count calories right now. On one hand, I've been counting calories or WW points for so long that I feel weird not doing it, but on the other hand, I'm tracking my food on MFP and it keeps creeping closer to my daily calorie allowance, which is terrifying!

So far today I've had:
B: Ham + 3 egg omelette w/ 6 strips of turkey bacon + 3/4 cup coffee w/ heavy cream and 1 splenda
L: Grilled chicken caesar salad, no croutons w/ full fat dressing
and for D, I'll be having a beautiful (but pretty large.. maybe 8-10 oz) steak, 1 cup of asparagus w/ butter, and 1 cup of salad w/ caesar

Additionally, I've snacked on 3 slices of deli ham (no sugar), 2 boiled eggs and 2oz of cheese.

Am I doing this right? I feel like a piiiiiig. I'm eating when I'm hungry and stopping when I'm not and following the directions in the book, I think.. but jeez. My online food journaling site says I don't have the calories for that beautiful steak tonight. (or even the salad)

On the upside, I had roughly 90oz of water today, which is AWESOME! I usually have about 64-70 oz of tea w/ a ton of sweet n low per day so the switch the water has been challenging but exciting.

Last edited by Tiaras and Tenacity; 04-01-2011 at 09:52 PM.
Tiaras and Tenacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:02 PM   #3  

You sound like you're doing great!! Once you go into ketosis your appetite will also be suppressed and you won't even want to eat as much . I've had days where I had to force myself to eat and trust me that was never a problem before!
Old 04-01-2011, 10:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/130

Height: 5'5"

linsy I have trouble eating now too I have to force my self to eat. I had to wait until I was super hungry tonight because I feel like I am going to get sick if I eat when I am not really hungry and all I could eat was a piece of chicken. I only had like 600 cals today NOT GOOD loading it down tomorrow!
Brooklynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 07:21 AM   #5  
Learning and burning

S/C/G: HW350ish/SW290/CWticker/GW165

Height: 5'8'

I agree about the reduction in appetite. It happened gradually for me. The best part, though, is that when I'm hungry, I'm ONLY hungry. I'm not dizzy, shaky, sweaty, lightheaded, or cranky like I was when my plan was more high carb/low fat. I don't feel like I'm going to keel over.

Good riddance to sugar spikes and crashes!

T and T, welcome and keep up the good work!

Last edited by dini22; 04-02-2011 at 07:21 AM.
dini22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 01:43 PM   #6  

71lbs down and I'm FINALLY motivated to exercise--I think I needed to get to the point where I felt a bit lighter on my feet and I didn't feel like I had lead strapped to my ankles.

I walked for about 40mins last night and even did a few random sets of jogging. I pushed myself for 60 steps of jogging and then I'd take a long walking break. It's not very much, but I know that if I keep it up it'll get easier. When I was around the 250s even walking 10 minutes was hard so I'm excited!
Old 04-04-2011, 01:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 365/356/180

Thanks for everyone's input, I greatly appreciate it! I've decided to quit logging my calories for now because I noticed that it makes me uncomfortable eating high fat items and I get the urge to "save" my calories and avoid fat. Instead, I've installed a "click counter" app on my phone and I just tick off as I consume a full carb. I guess it's working okay, I'm down 4 lbs since Friday AM (Water weight, I'm sure.. but motivating!)

I also think I may have accidentally consumed a bit of sugar--We ate at Souper Salad and I had about 1/3 c. of mushroom cheese soup. I shoulda looked it up but I thought "Mushrooms? Cheese? I'm sure it's fine!" Welp, about 30 mins later I had a huge energy spike and cleaned my house like the Tasmanian Devil. Yesterday I felt a bit hungrier than I did Saturday (another sign there was sugar in the soup!) but stayed under 20g and those all came from cheese, veggies, salad and 2 sweet n low. Yaay! I feel better today, leveled out and less hungry.

Linsy, that's very exciting about walking/jogging! You've come such a long way, you are truly an inspiration. How is everyone else's April coming along?
Tiaras and Tenacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:27 AM   #8  
Winning!

S/C/G: 287.8/276.6/142

Height: 5'3.5"

I can totally relate to having to force yourself to eat. I feel soooo full by dinner time, I don't feel like eating. I did a low carb diet of 30grams or less during February, and while I did lose my cravings, and a lot of my appetite.. I never felt too full to eat! I think the main difference is the fat I am eating on the Atkins plan, it really keeps you full! So full, I never feel like eating dinner lol I make myself though, just to keep my calories above 1200. (calorie counter by habit)

Tiara's - It is crazy what they put sugar in, a lot of items you would logically assume didn't have it. At least you got your house super clean though lol

Linsy - congrats on the walking/jogging! I agree about you being an inspiration, your success is one of the reasons I decided to try Atkins
drinkypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:43 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 305/290/155

Tiara-sounds like your doing great! Definitely be aware of soups and sauces, don't know why they feel the need to put sugar in everything!
Linsy thats awesome! I joined a gym and pay for it every month, yet I just can't seem to get motivated to go and use it. So frustrating!
I'm doing pretty good so far this month. Yesterday was a bad day, I couldn't resist some peanuts and ate a few too many of them. Ive learned peanut butter and nuts don't do well in my house,lol. So I'm going to get back on track today.
startanew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:34 AM   #10  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Hey everyone! I hope you're all doing great! It looks like we've had some awesome successes lately! I just came back from the gym and ran 2.3 miles. I'm still training for that 5K I am going to run on May 1. I really have to up my speed if I want to get the whole 3.1 miles in!

I'm back on plan today after a week or so of crappy eating. I need to read through my book (I bought the newer version on Amazon with a gift card a couple of weeks ago), get exercising more, and stay motivated. My race is in just under 4 weeks. I wonder how much weight I can lose before then if I really stick to the program.
Rocki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:56 AM   #11  

I had no idea that I was an inspiration to some of you!! That makes me feel great. Thank you so much, you made my day .

startanew: If you want a nut snack, try almonds. They take much longer to eat than peanuts and don't seem to trigger that "more more more" mentality like peanuts do. I used to eat almonds for a while but then cut them out.

I've been bouncing between 209-210-211 ever since I got home about a week ago. Hoping to whoosh down to 208 pretty soon. I've been eating some higher sodium items, I think I'm going to have a super clean cheese free day today and see what the scale says tomorrow.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:39 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 211/190/125

Hi, Everybody! I'm relatively new to 3fatchicks.com and happy to be a member of such an inspiring group of women.

I started Induction about 10 days ago and had to restart because of a bad Saturday, so I'm actually on Day 3. I feel pretty good so far. I've been training for a 5K since 1/7/11 and it is this upcoming Sunday. I must admit that I'm a little nervous about the lack of energy without carbs in my system and hope that I'll be able to make it. My longest run to date is 4 miles, so I know I can complete the 5K (3.2 miles).
zetaphine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:15 PM   #13  

Hi all - i was so so yesterday and gained 1.0 lb. I am hoping its just water. Trying to have clean day today so I can make my goal of losing 3 lbs this week!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:45 PM   #14  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Good luck on your run and let us know how you do! I'm doing a 5K on May 1 and am really worried about making it ! I have only gotten up to 2.3 miles so far and I'm very slow (4.7 mph). Do you run outside or on a treadmill?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetaphine View Post
Hi, Everybody! I'm relatively new to 3fatchicks.com and happy to be a member of such an inspiring group of women.

I started Induction about 10 days ago and had to restart because of a bad Saturday, so I'm actually on Day 3. I feel pretty good so far. I've been training for a 5K since 1/7/11 and it is this upcoming Sunday. I must admit that I'm a little nervous about the lack of energy without carbs in my system and hope that I'll be able to make it. My longest run to date is 4 miles, so I know I can complete the 5K (3.2 miles).
Rocki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:04 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 294/294/150

Height: 5'3"

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I have been doing Ideal Protein for the past 6 weeks with my husband but due to the cost we have decided to switch to Atkins. I lost 20 pounds on IP and he lost 40 pounds. I am excited to start Atkins and have been reading the forums and looking at recipes. We purchased the book and are in the process of reading that as well.
kamikazecat is offline   Reply With Quote