3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Carb Counters > Atkins

How fast did you lose weight on induction?

Old 01-09-2014, 12:27 PM   #16

S/C/G: 200/197/115 (as of 04/30/2014)

Height: 5'2"

I've had friends *yell* at me for doing Atkins. They all know someone whose kidneys failed or needed a liver transplant because they did Atkins. And everyone always says, "A no-carb diet is dangerous!" Of course, they also don't listen when I explain that Atkins is not a no-carb diet. When people ask how I'm losing, I just tell them I'm on Weight Watchers because apparently, that is the only acceptable answer to some people.

My doctor is fine with it and just tells me to keep going. Being obese with a BMI of 35 has been far more damaging to my health. As long as the weight comes off and I'm not starving or taking crazy diet drugs, my doctor is happy.

Sasha29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 02:51 AM   #17
Goal: flight

S/C/G: 250/245/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha29 View Post
I've had friends *yell* at me for doing Atkins. They all know someone whose kidneys failed or needed a liver transplant because they did Atkins. And everyone always says, "A no-carb diet is dangerous!" Of course, they also don't listen when I explain that Atkins is not a no-carb diet.
So true! I'm tired of hearing it. Like being fat is any less dangerous? The worst part is the various misconceptions people have because they just aren't educated about this WOE.

I've been known to eat my lunch in the bathroom on occasion...
OthelloLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.