Old 03-25-2011, 04:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 212/212/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Starting over again after yo-yoing on Medifast

I don't know what is wrong with me I feel bad I've gained 40 pounds back I'm so tired of this I haven't kept my goal weight off longer than 6 months. When a new person comes in my life I'm off to lose weight then when things don't work out I'm off to the races again of being fat and depressed I have identified some issues within myself like low selfesteem always have to have a companion and feeling lonely I don't have a out let of girlfriends actually I don't have any friends at all but when I feel confident enough to inneract with people I will. I basically told you my life story. Now I'm going to start atkins again on Saturday and I dont know where to start? can someone help me. Please don't think I'm some kind of person that has issues....please don't judge me. I just feel so fragle I dont' know what to do.....I'm going to church sometimes.... I just don't know I need encouragement a plan..

THANK YOU FOR READING
nogames1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/205/140

Height: 5'4

Hi, I am sorry for your difficult time and I relate completley. It has been so easy for me to just want to eat. That is great you are going to church sometimes we can find much encouragment there. It is hard to be lonely and want to eat because of it, I was alone for along time and ate to make myself feel better. Make sure you choose the right plan for you and make it something you can follow. I just take it a day at a time and don't always do well but always try again the next day. I will say a prayer for you today.
Ashley777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 12:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 216.5/ticker/153

Height: 5'4''

You're not going to be judged here -- we're all dealing with weight issues and the emotional baggage behind them. So, know that you aren't alone! I love the Atkin's lifestyle -- it's had it's hard times in the beginning, but just like with anything else, over time it has become second nature for me. And it will you, too. You just have to find what works for you. My suggestion is to buy the book and read it cover to cover before you start. It can be a boring read, but it's info you will need. It would help to get some of those page marker things and mark the most important pages to make them a quick reference. And know that the first few days will be HARD. The first two weeks will be HARD. But after that, it will get better. And if you find you can't do Induction, don't give up! You have a second option of slowly reducing your carbs back until you find the amount where you lose. Some people only need to go under 100! For me, it's under 40, but I have an insulin issue. Anyways, last bit of advice, TRACK TRACK TRACK! Get a notebook and a pencil and start really learning what is in your food and writing it down. I know you can use the online things, but it really benefits you to write it down the old fashioned way because you really LEARN and REMEMBER what is in things. And over time, it will become second nature to eat what you should because your brain KNOWS.

That's all I can think of for now. And I hope it was helpfull! But you can do this -- and once you start believing that and living that, things will get easier and all the other stuff will just fall into place. And use this forum, use the blogs, and know that you aren't alone in this. We're all fighting our own demons! Good luck!
JustJ280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 208/194/160

Height: 5'6"

I can very much relate to what you wrote. Also, I tried Medifast about a year and a half ago, lost 30 pounds, then regained it after I quit due to feeling awful and tired of paying so much money for crappy stuff. On Atkins, I feel so much better. I don't have that anxiety and don't want to just come home, eat, and hole myself up away from society. Remembering this makes it easier to stick with it, but the best thing about low carb eating is that the cravings are gone. I agree with the advice to get the book. Good luck and let us know how you are doing.
Fizziecat is offline   Reply With Quote