Old 03-05-2011, 06:34 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

I have NOT had a good two weeks. Stress, stress, stress, I haven't lost a pound and I've only been eating around 500 or less calories a day. I'm still drinking water because it's the only thing I can keep down. I'm hoping to break out of this soon so I can get back to my plan and continue losing.
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 02:54 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 197/190/145

Height: 5' 2"

Linsy, I'm sorry you're so stessed out and hope things get better soon. From everything I've read though, 500 calories is not enough. Your body thinks you're starving it. Keep your head up girlie, and try not to stress about the things you have no control over : )
NoMoreNewClothes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:05 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 208/194/160

Height: 5'6"

Linsy, I hope whatever is causing you stress improves soon.
Fizziecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 01:46 PM   #34  
KimKardashian=motivation

S/C/G: 194/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Linsy-feel better! i also hope the stress goes away soon! Start eating a lil more--500 is very less

Meanwhile, I am back after a week! lol. I was sick (flu) during the begging of the week, so I did fall off the wagon for 2 days. Can't believe fell off after 12 pure atkins days. Lol. I guess its ok, I started again & today is day 4! I didnt gain anything during the cheat days *phew* So being back feels good!
feelingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 02:29 PM   #35  

I know 500 isn't enough. When I get stressed out I can't eat. I've made a commitment to try to eat at least a few times today and all on-plan foods. Maybe once I get back into the routine again it'll get easier. I was typically eating around 1300-1600 calories before.

Last night I had some stress relief and experienced a HUGE spike in appetite--I devoured an entire taco salad, a protein bar, and was eyeing the cookies on the counter but resisted. So I know I'm HUNGRY, but getting into the right mood to eat is what's getting me. Thank you for the kind words and I'll try to feel better.

Last edited by Linsy; 03-06-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:33 PM   #36  
Learning and burning

S/C/G: HW350ish/SW290/CWticker/GW165

Height: 5'8'

Hi everyone! I haven't checked in in a while, because I have been on vacation.

I stuck to the plan for the most part. I ate more than I usually do, but I didn't go off the deep end like I usually do when I am out of town (except for a cocktail here and there ).

My TOM started yesterday, and I weigh exactly the same as I did before vacay. I HOPE that means that I actually lost a couple. We'll see in a few days.

Have a great week everyone.
dini22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:44 PM   #37  

Default I'm Kinda Frustrated

I have been gaining and losing the same pound for the last 4 days. GRRR! I am pretty sure I'm not getting enough calories. I feel like I'm eating enough because I am full after a meal. I'm getting plenty of protein and veggies but I cannot seem to get my calories over 1000. I don't want to eat when I'm not hungry nor do I want to stuff myself. That's what got me in trouble in the first place. I'm wondering if I need to start adding a shake to my food intake each day.
channeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:37 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Sounds like everyone is having issues.

I went to the doctor today and in addition to talking about my meds I talked about my diet. And he suggested I go back to calorie counting. He said its healthier for me. Of course what doctor does recommend Atkins?

Anyway my hubby is staying Atkins so my dinners (and lunches since I take leftovers to work) will remain low carb but I will add some higher carb snacks and breakfast. I'm going to try it a few weeks and see if it makes me feel awful or a balloon up. If it does either I will be back!

I will continue to check in. Hope all you girls reach your goals!
ElizabethG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:49 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 308.8/294.8/???

Height: 5'3"

Hi, everyone. Just thought I would check in real quick. I've been busy, busy, busy, and I haven't had time to come and read lately. Hope everyone is doing ok. I'll be back to do some actual reading later.
Elvish Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:11 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 238.4/231.4/170

Height: 5'9"

I did a little shopping today, and realized that I have gotten so accustomed to looking at fat and calories, half of the things I was eating, that I thought were healthier, were simply loaded in carbs.
Salad dressing, for instance... the low fat/light versions have many more carbs than the regular version. Same thing with some ice cream and treats... it's so nice to not have to count calories- I feel like any time I tried that, I was on a diet, and now, I've changed the way I eat.
This has been incredibly successful already compared to all of those "eating plans", and today I'm full of energy!
I hope everyone else's week gets better!
MoodyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:20 PM   #41  

Apparently wheat gives me acid reflux. I've thought this before but it was just confirmed--I was feeling too down to cook so I grabbed a weight watchers spaghetti meal. Instant acid reflux. I have no problem cutting out wheat.

I'm thinking about switching to South Beach. Basically I would just have to switch to lean meat and add in yogurt, beans, and milk. I think it'd be a much better plan. If you guys wouldn't mind, though, I'd love to keep posting in the Atkins forum.

It's not set in stone. I'm still thinking about it.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:36 PM   #42  

How often do your plateaus last? I lost 5lbs quick within the first 4 days of induction and then I have been yo-yo-ing gaining and losing 1 lb. I have decided that I have hit a plateau.

Any advice on how to handle them, other than waiting them out. I am getting frustrated. I'm not gonna quit by any means but I sure would like that scale to move.
channeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:58 PM   #43  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Default hey there

I am back to induction this week after going off plan for a bit. I have tried a few times to add a few more carbs back into my diet. but its always a disaster, gets me into big time carb cravings. I start with healthy carbs, but go off the rails quickly. My blood sugars are staying good now, at least I am not doing myself in that way. But after a few days of being off the rails, I am back to clean atkins eating again.
Made a purple cabbage slaw today. One of my recipes for this has walnuts, but I will wait for a couple of weeks to make that one.
Got lots of veggies in today.
ttfn
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:13 PM   #44  
KimKardashian=motivation

S/C/G: 194/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Elizabeth: Make sure you keeping checking back with us I hope the calorie counting works better for you! Good luck You are still partially low carb & calorie counting-so thats good I am not going to lie, I have been considering calorie counting as well. But when I did it initially for 2 weeks before atkins- i didnt lose ANYthing So now that I am seeing results with atkins, I dont wanna change-but who knows, lol. I know every1s body is different, and it has worked for you in the past--I am sure it will still work

MoodyGirl: I love counting carbs, lol its so easy. Its like my eyes just got accustomed to just looking carbs, NOTHING else! Lol I understand

Linsy: aww! def come back and keep posting here I hope the change in lil food, makes your metabolism good as well

Channeen: Haven't had any plateaus yet, well kinda did when I fell off the plan for 2-4 days last week & got back on induction 7 days back--for me personally drinking water helps ALOT!! I still can't get enuff vegetables (12g is very hard for me). But I'm still loosing, so I am not going to change that. Just when I drink less-water, the weight goes up 1 pound--and the nxt day, back down with more water!

Fatmad: welcome backk to induction I agree, i fell off last week bcz I was sick-but my body feels much better on it now!

As for me, I am at 180!!!!!!!! another 4 pounds losttt So excited, because felling off for 2-4 days didnt harm my body. So all together, I have been on induction for about 17-18 days (on & Off bcz when i fell off bcz of the flu) & lost 14 pounds! Thats pretty good for me
feelingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:12 AM   #45  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

did really well now for the first 24 hours. Just coming off working half the night, had egg salad for a bedtime snack so I will sleep for a while.
This is when I crave carbs so much, so its a little victory.
nighty-night!
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote