Old 02-01-2011, 11:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 217.5/201/160

Height: 5'4"

Default What to do??

I have been on the program for 1 month. Within that 1 month, I have lost a total of 12 pounds and 6.75 inches. 10.5 of those pounds was within the first week. Since then, well the weight loss has been slowly coming to a halt. I have read that there is usually a stall between weeks 3 and 4. Is this it? I don’t know. I have been working out like a crazy lady and I have not cheated once, so it’s a bit disturbing really. Also, I have opted to stay in induction this entire time, as I know I have more weight to loose.

I have also read on the boards that people follow a 2 week induction 2 week owl program, so that their bodies don’t stall. Has anyone tried that? Does that work?

Don’t get me wrong, I am not discouraged, yet. I do plan to stick with the program but I am open to suggestions to make sure my next weigh in shows some progress.

Thanks in advance for the advice.
amberbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:07 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Hey Amber Maybe it's time to up your carbs? Some people's losses restart big time once they add more carb in. Just 5g... Mostly from veg... it certainly won't kick you out of ketosis so no worries there. Try it and see? Nothing to lose! You've done great, 12lb in a month is nothing to sneeze at!!
abluvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

Amber, have you gotten a little bit sloppier recently with some of the things you eat? I know that I started getting cocky over my losses and eating more artificial sweetener and cheese and that caused a big time stall. Once I cut those back down I'm losing steadily again.
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 217.5/201/160

Height: 5'4"

Linsy, I would say no to that question. I still measure, count and log. I guess that is what has me perplexed. I am doing what I should but the weight loss stopped. I am not giving up hope, but I don't want it to get to that point either. Any tips you can provide??
amberbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

I didn't ask if you stopped measuring or counting. I was still measuring and counting, too, I was just eating more not-so-great foods.

Do you use a lot of spices? Spices like dried onion and onion powder have a lot more carbs than you'd think. Be sure to measure those and include them in your counts.

Are you drinking enough water? This is very, very important! How many cups of veggies are you eating per day? I started losing a lot more steadily when I started to eat 2-4 cups of mixed veggies and/or salad every day, cut out cheese, cut down sweetener, and started drinking water.

Good luck!
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote