Old 01-30-2011, 10:38 AM   #31  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

I've been reading your thread. I'm glad it's up; it encourages me as I try to get back on Induction. Which one minute muffin recipe(s) are y'all using? I think I might need one soon...
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:59 PM   #32  
closed

S/C/G: 227.5/217.4/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Good Afternoon Ladies!

Today completes my first week on induction. However, yesterday I think my brain fell out. Hubs was out shopping all day with son, they bring home hoagie fixins and whoever took over my brain yesterday ATE a hoagie...

It was GONE before the real me came back, so too late to do anything about it now. I can't even say I had been craving anything as an excuse. Just mindlessly sat at the table and made myself one while talking with the family. Talk about brain f*rt...

So today I am not gonna kick myself; I will just pick myself up, dust myself off, and start all over again. No, not really really...just get myself back on plan pronto. So far so good for today.

Flamanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:31 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 308.8/294.8/???

Height: 5'3"

Great job getting back on plan today!
Elvish Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:16 PM   #34  

*sigh* I've come to post a confession. My super sweet BF came home today with a box of Atkins snack bars. He was being thoughtful and didn't know that these are off limits for induction. Well, I caved and had not 1, but 2 of them today. Grrr....nothing to do now but pull myself together and not let it affect the rest of my evening.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:19 PM   #35  
Less Juicey

I bought a bag of Bob's Red Mill Golden Flaxseed Meal tonight, but haven't had the nerve to try it. For some reason, I think it might be awful. New phobia: Fear of Flax
Old 01-30-2011, 08:32 PM   #36  
Tired of the Yo-Yo

S/C/G: 227/225.6/145

Height: 5'2"

I ate the almond meal and went down quite a bit in ketosis. Gotta save the Almond meal for special occasions.
VeggieGurlShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:55 PM   #37  
Less Juicey

Me, too. I really like almond meal, but it didn't help my stall a bit. JerseyGyrl has okayed flaxseed one minute muffins as Induction-friendly. I'm going to make one to eat for breakfast in the morning...I hope I like it.

Breakfast is a problem meal for me. I get up super-early to commute to work; it's too early for me to cook and eat. A quick muffin would be great. We'll see. I'll report on my experience tomorrow.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:16 PM   #38  
Less Juicey

Update on my first One Minute Muffin: It looks okay; it smells AWFUL! I hope it tastes better than it smells. I'm going to split it and toast it for breakfast maybe. Or I'll see if Puddin' the Giant German Shepherd would like a muffin.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:19 PM   #39  
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvish Mistress View Post
So I made it through my first day with only one mistake. I was thinking spinach was on the "salad vegetables" list, and I ate 2 cups of spinach yesterday before I realized my mistake. But I'm not stressing over that.

Do you all count carbs while you're on induction? It seems to me that if I follow the rules layed out in the book to the letter, there should be no need. But I would like some advice on this point from you guys that are experienced with this.
I count carbs at every level. In Induction, you don't want to go over 20 per day. Also while in Induction I have eaten raw baby spinch with my other vegiies with no probles getting into ketosis or with losing.
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:22 PM   #40  
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyfanny View Post
Me, too. I really like almond meal, but it didn't help my stall a bit. JerseyGyrl has okayed flaxseed one minute muffins as Induction-friendly. I'm going to make one to eat for breakfast in the morning...I hope I like it.

Breakfast is a problem meal for me. I get up super-early to commute to work; it's too early for me to cook and eat. A quick muffin would be great. We'll see. I'll report on my experience tomorrow.
Sandyfanny, I buy the precooked bacon and sausage. I just basically "heat" them real quick in the skillet (1-2 minutes) and then throw my eggs in and scramble the, The whole process takes less than 5 minutes.

Last edited by islandchick1; 01-30-2011 at 10:40 PM.
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:27 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

I tried to toast a one minute muffin before and didn't like it at all. I'd suggest trying it plain before toasting it. I made mine with almond flour.
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:26 PM   #42  

Hello, everyone!

Thanks for the advice, IslandChic.

Today is day 3 on induction. I have what I have termed the "atkins burps." Yuck. Anyway, today is my first day back to school (college student) since I began induction. I'm going to have to re-think my meals and snacks for when I'm at school. Hard boiled eggs are just awkward between classes. I could go the string cheese route, but I'm not sure if it will be filling to me. Not to mention that I'm definately the odd one out with my tupperware containers full of food, sitting around all the other people with their burgers, pizza, and standard fried gas station fare. Man, it smells good!

Do you all brown bag it at work/school everyday? What kinds of foods are you taking?
Old 01-31-2011, 01:46 PM   #43  
Tired of the Yo-Yo

S/C/G: 227/225.6/145

Okay so I had a set back today. I ate 1 cracker, 2 chocolate chips and a bite of grilled cheese sandwich. I was at someone else's house when a carb craving hit and they had NOTHING i could eat. How the **** can you have a house full of total CRAP. I opened the cabinet to get some water and there was a chocolate cake in there. My dh stuck it in there so I wouldnt feel tempted! Thought I was hallucinating. "OMG..i see chocolate cake everywhere!!!!" lol

I had to leave. So I went home and I immediately felt the panic subside. My low carb sanctuary. my locus of control where I set about making some acceptable chocolate and I refuse to have that sort of thing happen again. I'll be packing a mini cooler and keeping it in the car.

Elvish - You could try sugar free jello, grilled chicken breast and green beans. Or if money is a problem you could do the sugar free jello, deli meat rolled with cheese in the middle or lettuce wraps. Use it as the wrapping material. You can fill it it with all sorts of stuff like canned chicken, egg salad, tuna, etc.
VeggieGurlShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:43 PM   #44  
Learning and burning

S/C/G: HW350ish/SW290/CWticker/GW165

Height: 5'8'

VeggieGurlShay, nice job walking away from the chocolate cake (which may have been a hallucination, but better safe than sorry! ) Excellent work.

Elvish, I do brown bag it every day. I usually end up bringing a salad; nobody asks twice about that. When I bring in my tupperwares of meat and get weird looks (which has happened, people dont MTOB) I just say it is "leftovers."
dini22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:01 PM   #45  
Less Juicey

VeggieGurl, it's hilarious that you were innocently looking for a glass for water and were attacked by CHOCOLATE CAKE! That's so funny. I think you did very well under the hideous circumstances.

Brown-baggin' it - I do it every day. I make chicken salad out of a rotisserie chicken on Monday night and take it to school. Sometimes I put it on a bed of mixed greens or top a salad and sometimes it's just chicken salad...with a few pork rinds for crunch. Or I make a big salad and top it with deli ham or sliced chicken or leftover steak on top.

I have a microwave in my room now, so I've been taking a big slice of White Castle Pie, a square of pumpkin bake is nice, too. I also keep Atkins shakes in the refrigerator for days I don't pull it together to make lunch. I try to make lunch while I'm making my dinner, so I don't have to deal with it in the morning. Not a morning person.

Never be embarrassed to do what's good for you. You're eating in a way that's healthy for you; they're shoveling white flour, lard, and salt. So there!