Old 02-06-2011, 09:50 PM   #61  

If the Packers win tonight I'll be eating crow for dinner.....
firkindness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:02 PM   #62  
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

Height: 5'2"

SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I made some homemade salsa (very hot)
Made the cheese crackers for my chips
Made guacamole
made stuffed jalepenos (stuffed with cream cheese and green onions) and wrapped with bacon
I'm stuffed. I cooked a nice sirloin but I think that's going to be lunch tomorrow.
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:23 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

I'm not hungry right now, but I'm planning on a flaxseed muffin with an egg and a big slice of spicy sausage + a side of steamed buttered veggies. If I don't get hungry before 9 I'll probably just smear a muffin with cream cheese and have some tea or something.
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:38 AM   #64  
Sea

S/C/G: 213/161.2/115

Height: 5'3"

For him - shepherd's pie, heavy on the carrots and onions, light on the potatoes,
For me - veggie chilli with a generous amount of jalapenos
Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 01:37 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 308.8/294.8/???

Height: 5'3"

Today is a busy, busy, long day for me. For lunch I just had a lean cuisine with 7 net carbs. Its not ideal, but it kept me from running out and buying pizza from the gas station down the road. It was chicken and creamed spinach. It would have been spot on except for the chicken was in gravy, and that's a no-no. I scraped off as much as I could and had about 12 oz of water with it. The snack I packed for this afternoon is a string cheese and a few crispy pepporoni slices. Yum! I'm not going to get home for the night until late, late tonight, so dinner will most likely be a BK double cheese burger with no ketchup and no bun. I just realized I'm sorely lacking in the veggie department today, so I'll probably grab some sliced veggies in the fridge when I stop at the house to take my dog to obedience training. Whew!
Elvish Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:53 PM   #66  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Baby Back Ribs...

Tonight it's oven-barbecued baby back ribs and collards! YUM! I'm really hungry; those ribs are smelling AWESOME.
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:20 PM   #67  

Tonight I'm having chicken soup with mushrooms, peppers, onions, and celery.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:37 PM   #68  

Last night I made a sausage, egg and cheese mcmuffin using a one minute muffin.

Prepare a 1MM as usual, but omit the splenda/cinnamon and use only a bit of salt and garlic. Slice in half and set aside. Heat a large sausage patty in a skillet, drain it and put it on one half of the muffin. Sprinkle with cheese. Rinse the skillet, butter it, and then crack an egg into something that will keep it together (I used a biscuit cutter). Mix it around a little bit, just enough to break the yolk but not enough to scramble it. Flip and cook until the entire egg is set. Put it on the sausage/cheese and then top with the other half of the muffin.

You could also toast the muffin if you'd like. This was really filling and I could only eat half.

Last edited by Linsy; 02-07-2011 at 07:40 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:59 PM   #69  
Ready to get to my goal!

S/C/G: 221/172/130

Height: 5'5

Linsy that sounds SO good. I have no tried the one minute muffins. I might need to asap!

I had sme amazing Turkey Taco Salad tonight... super spicy. mmmm.
chubbywifeyIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:21 AM   #70  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by firkindness View Post
Don't laugh - a favorite easy meal is 2-3 hard boiled eggs, gingerly peeled as soon as they come out of the water. Mash the hot eggs with a fork, add a generous pat of butter and salt and pepper. Rich, filling, and delish.

BTW don't ever try to reheat hard boiled eggs in the microwave. I learned the hard way and had to clean egg shrapnel off on every surface in the kitchen after they exploded!
I have found I can warm them up nicely without incident by mashing the egg first, sticking the bowl in for a few seconds- maybe 20 pl8, and then adding mayo or butter. If you're still afraid you can cover it with stretch n seal and then cut a few holes in the top
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 05:41 PM   #71  

Natalia - Thanks for the tip! It's kind of cool to find somebody else who eats hot buttered hard boiled eggs. It was something I grew up with - creamed hard boiled eggs over toast was another dish that both my mother and grandmother made. Except for a friend who was raised in North Dakota, no one in my circle has ever heard of these wonderful dishes - and when they do, they make a face that leads me to believe they're not interested in trying them.
firkindness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:07 PM   #72  

I made a shrimp and brussels spout "salad," with bacon and walnuts and a bit of avocado. I never in a million years thought I'd eat brussels sprouds, but Nell Stephenson posted a recipe (but no meat - I modified). You boil the spouts for 2 minutes, then remove the leaves. Chop up the stems and saute them (I used coconut oil). It really is delicious.
Athenacapella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:18 PM   #73  

I'll be having a low carb burger from Carl's Jr.

Last edited by Linsy; 02-12-2011 at 10:19 PM.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:01 AM   #74  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Linsy, you're such a creative cook. Your mcmuffin sounds so good!

Tonight I had chicken cordon bleu (out of the box - 10 g. carbs) and collards, half of a one minute muffin spread with cream cheese. The chicken was pretty good - Barber Foods Raw Stuffed Chicken Breast Cordon Bleu - in the frozen meat section, 250 calories, 10 net carbs, 24 g. protein, packed two per package. Thirty minutes at 400 degrees, and dinner is served.
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:58 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 241/239/130

Height: 5'0"

Default Early V-Day Dinner

Since V-day is on Monday, my husband and I decided to celebrate it early (when we both have time) on Saturday evening. We cooked at home:

Grilled filet mignon (with butter, salt, pepper)
Sauteed, sliced yellow squash and zucchini
Steamed broccoli and cauliflower
Romaine lettuce with dressing (Ken's Northern Italian Basil and Romano)

(and a little off-plan merlot, lol )
laueliz is offline   Reply With Quote