Old 01-24-2011, 09:41 AM   #31  
Learning and burning

S/C/G: HW350ish/SW290/CWticker/GW165

Height: 5'8'

Linsy, what is the carb count on those heavenly sounding chicken thingies?
Thanks!
dini22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:19 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

Very low. I don't know the exact counts but on the recipe I loosely followed she listed it as only a trace of carbohydrate per tender. Parmesan cheese is very low, and I'm not sure about the hot sauce but it's not very high either. Butter is carb-free, and count the carbs for any seasonings you add. They're Induction friendly but you're going to have to come up with your own counts.

Tonight I'm trying another variation that is NOT Induction friendly. Instead of using pure parmesan cheese, I'm breading nuggets with a mixture of 1/2 almond flour and 1/2 parm seasoned with garlic salt and pepper. I dipped them in hot sauce before breading instead of egg and baked them without frying. They taste like chicken coated with spicy cheese nips for some reason. Very good!

Linsy's "Breaded" Spicy Chicken Nuggets (Not for Induction!)
2-4 chicken breasts, cut into chunks (I used 2 large breasts, and it made 16 chicken nuggets).
1/2c almond flour
1/2c parmesan cheese
2tsp garlic salt
2tsp pepper
1/2c Frank's Red Hot Sauce

Preheat oven to 375. Pour hot sauce into a small bowl. In another bowl, mix parmesan cheese, almond flour, garlic salt, and pepper. Soak a chicken piece in hot sauce and then dredge in flour/cheese mixture. Place on greased baking sheet. Repeat for the rest of the chicken chunks. Bake until outside is crispy and the chicken is done all the way through. Serve with ranch or your favorite dipping sauce.

I ground my own almond flour today in my magic bullet--it turned out great, but some of it got blended too long and got turned into almond butter. I might try to make a batch of Splenda-sweetened homemade almond butter one of these days if I can find something to put it on.

Last edited by Linsy; 01-24-2011 at 06:02 PM.
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:35 PM   #33  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Heroin Wings!

Tonight I'm cooking Heroin Wings - totally addictive. Absolutely delicious...if you make them, make lots because the non-Atkins people around you will gobble up your wings! I'm dipping mine in Ranch Dressing.

So, it's Heroin Wings with a bowl of tomato soup and hot tea tonight.

(The recipe for Heroin Wings is on the "Recipes from 'What's for Dinner?'" thread, 2nd pg. last recipe. The recipe for homemade Creamy Tomato Soup is on the first pg.)

Last edited by sandyfanny; 01-24-2011 at 05:38 PM.
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:34 PM   #34  

Tonight DH fried chicken thighs using a low carb baking mix as breading. I thought it too salty so I'm eager to try the parmesan coating that everybody raves about. On the side we had left over strata and steamed asparagus.

It pains me to have to buy asparagus as the canals and ditchbanks in my area are lousy with it and it's free for the picking. Of course, that stuff is still sleeping under a healthy blanket of snow. Is it too early to get spring fever?
firkindness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:37 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 246/233/175

Height: 5'8"

Tonight I made a Spinach Lasagna from Laura's Low Carb site... It was SOOO good. And a salad with Oil and Vinegar Dressing.
jefferzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:57 PM   #36  
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

Height: 5'2"

I took advantage of the super nice weather today and cooked several hickory smoked sirloins on the grill. I made a super awesome salad with our homemade cheese crackers as croutons, and my ranch dressing.. I had my crustless lemon cheesecake for dessert. I ate half and will take the other half for lunch tomorrow
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:14 PM   #37  

Height: 5'8

Hey!

I made chicken fajitas for dinner tonight, with iceberg lettuce instead of tortillas. Delicious! It is meals like these that make me realise it is do-able in the long run! My favourite foods, Atkinised. Last night I had another one of these moments when I made lasagne with zucchini instead of pasta, without the white sauce obviously...

Yummy!
claire0412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:32 PM   #38  
Less Juicey

Default Clean out the fridge casserole...

Tonight I made up my dinner as I rummaged around in the refrigerator: cooked chicken breast and thigh off the bone, about half a cup of mixed steamed veggies, about a quarter cup of alfredo sauce, 2 oz. shredded Mexican cheese, hmmmm...I microwaved a box of frozen broccoli in cheese sauce and used it as the base of my casserole.

Topped the broccoli with the veggies, chicken and an alfredo/mayonnaise mixture; then sprinkled it with Mexican cheese and a bit more grated cheddar. Baked until bubbly...it was delicious, tasted like the inside of a chicken pot pie.

More good news: I had enough to pack myself lunch for tomorrow and another small serving for dinner tomorrow. Easy, quick, new life for leftovers.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:10 PM   #39  

2c salad topped with seasoned ground beef, cheese, and sour cream.

Last edited by Linsy; 01-26-2011 at 09:51 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:27 PM   #40  

BBQed chicken wings and salad. Litehouse has a Jalapeno Ranch dressing out that I'm absolutley crazy about! I've always been a Blue Cheese girl but this dressing is something special as far I'm concerned.

But ahhhhhh...the textural and taste memory of chicken pot pie...I don't think my wings are going to hold a candle to that!
Old 01-29-2011, 12:36 AM   #41  

Herb crusted cross-rib roast, mac & cheese made with Dreamfields elbows; fresh, crunchy red pepper and cucumber wedges.

I made an 11 pound roast and we cut it into slices and ran them through the food saver for 4 more family sized meals.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:51 AM   #42  

Chicken in fettuccine sauce (if you're ever looking for great canned tomatoes with no added sugar or a low-carb fettuccine sauce, the Wal*Mart Great Value brand is fantastic) with mushrooms and 1c steamed broccoli.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:19 PM   #43  

A low-carb six dollar burger from Carl's Jr.

Last edited by Linsy; 01-30-2011 at 03:12 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:31 PM   #44  

We're having steelhead trout, probably broiled with lemon pepper and mayo based cole slaw. I'm kind of enjoying this spurt of different meals lately. It's just a matter of time before we lapse back into the burger patties and salad routine.

BTW - I ordered low carb pita bread from Netrition. 7 grams per but you can cut them in half and have a perfect pocket for sandwich fillings. I'm going to try one stuffed with cream cheese, bacon, tomato, onion, and sprouts. I'm drooling just thinking about it!
Old 01-29-2011, 05:47 PM   #45  
Less Juicey

Default Eating like royalty...

I've had a perfect Induction day (Yay!), so I'm treating myself to a special Induction dinner:

Brown butter Filet Mignon
Sauteed Vidalia onions and mushrooms
Bacon-wrapped asparagus

Cheesecake muffin with whipped cream for dessert

Everybody's dinner sounds so good tonight! I wish we lived close by; we'd start a rotating once-a-month dinner party night! We have some good cooks on this thread!