Old 01-05-2011, 10:34 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 217.5/201/160

Height: 5'4"

Joyyoj,

I tried posting on your blog, but it wouldn't let me...not sure why! But here is my response:

KUDOS to you for taking that pic! You are braver then I ever could be! I have more rolls then the local bakery! Also, I want to say that I am very proud of you! Having been on a rollercoaster of weight loss, I know the discouragement issues oh too well. I think you did the right thing in making today your start day! Also, I have found that logging the food, makes you take notice of what you are eating, where you are lacking and or where you over indulge.
I loved the post on the Celestial Seasonings dessert teas, good luck in finding a suitable substitute for your cravings. I am sticking to my guns on my Starbucks 10 pound reward. Maybe when I reach that mark and treat myself, I won’t find it so exciting; maybe then the appeal will be gone. Well that is what I am hoping for.

Good luck and welcome to the program! =)
amberbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:11 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbrown View Post
Joyyoj,

I tried posting on your blog, but it wouldn't let me...not sure why! But here is my response:

KUDOS to you for taking that pic! You are braver then I ever could be! I have more rolls then the local bakery! Also, I want to say that I am very proud of you! Having been on a rollercoaster of weight loss, I know the discouragement issues oh too well. I think you did the right thing in making today your start day! Also, I have found that logging the food, makes you take notice of what you are eating, where you are lacking and or where you over indulge.
I loved the post on the Celestial Seasonings dessert teas, good luck in finding a suitable substitute for your cravings. I am sticking to my guns on my Starbucks 10 pound reward. Maybe when I reach that mark and treat myself, I won’t find it so exciting; maybe then the appeal will be gone. Well that is what I am hoping for.

Good luck and welcome to the program! =)
Thanks, Amber! I feel a lot better today and I'm positive I will stay on track, especially now that I will be writing down EVERYTHING.

I'm excited about seeing you reach your 10 lb reward! It's not far off! We should write to Starbucks and make a suggestion for them to carry an Atkins Phase I approved beverage. (That's what my husband suggested).

I posted the pictures on my blog because if I face the fat instead of trying to hide it that, I hope, will help keep me focused on my goals. One of my favorite things about 3FC is seeing the transformations - like beautiful butterflies!

But of course I don't think anyone I know in RL will ever see the blog, so I guess I'm not really all that brave! (Re: blog comments. I think I must have had the wrong settings for posting comments... )

:
joyyoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:19 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 217.5/201/160

Height: 5'4"

I think your husband is on to something! Stay strong, you can do this and I am here with you all the way. We got ourselves into this mess we can get ourselves out of it. Here's to an amazing 1st day
amberbrown is offline   Reply With Quote