Old 01-05-2011, 08:41 AM   #76  

Height: 5'7"

Ahh I did not notice that! Thanks for saving me some time and trouble by pointing that out.

There are other calorie counting places out there... I have used sparkpeople in the past and hated it. It's too busy format-wise, there are ads everywhere... I sacrifice certain things to use fitday because it is the cleanest and least annoying one I've found. Let me know if you find a good alternative!
abluvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:32 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 241/241/140

Height: 5'5''

Tap and Track is great! I've been using it on my iphone, but they have it online too. I haven't used fitday, so I can't really compare, but Tap and Track is very simple and you can select your carb limit, etc. Go to tapandtrack.com....

Day 3 on induction and no more headaches from caffeine withdrawl, hallelujah!!!
Turkey, cheese, and a dab of avocado for lunch along with a small salad.

Grilling chicken kabobs tonight in 20 degree weather for the fiancee and I, but I'll brave the cold for some grilled veggies and chicken!

Weighing in Saturday with y'all! I feel good!!

SW: 205
Valentines day Challenge Goal: 191
kuffgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:14 AM   #78  

tapandtrack looks neat but it does look like it's only available as an app. I am still living in the age of dumb phones over here...

Chicken kabobs sound delicious! We are having salmon here tonight, but I will have to keep kabobs in mind...
Old 01-05-2011, 07:32 PM   #79  

I have had AWFUL sugar cravings today. Like, really really bad. I found my boyfriend's stash of oreos and got one out - intending to eat it. I set it in front of me and contemplated it. Smelled it. Acknowledged that if I ate it, I would just want more and more of them. I put it aside and left it there. Did you know one oreo has 8g carbs? That seems a lot for such a small thing.

So while my logical brain said no to the cookie, my irrational brain still wanted carbs and sugar... So I decided to try the mock danish, figuring it would be enough to fool me. Well, one wasn't, but two was. I was full and satisfied after that. Surely not great to overeat on any eating plan, but it could have been worse. Net carbs are still under 20g for the day, but mentally it feels like I messed up. I guess because I broke the daily cheese limit rule by eating two of them. We'll see if it has any impact of my weight loss, but I feel pretty good about not giving in to actual sugar...
Old 01-05-2011, 10:06 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 187/187/140

Height: 5ft4.5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by abluvion View Post
I have had AWFUL sugar cravings today. Like, really really bad. I found my boyfriend's stash of oreos and got one out - intending to eat it. I set it in front of me and contemplated it. Smelled it. Acknowledged that if I ate it, I would just want more and more of them. I put it aside and left it there. Did you know one oreo has 8g carbs? That seems a lot for such a small thing.

So while my logical brain said no to the cookie, my irrational brain still wanted carbs and sugar... So I decided to try the mock danish, figuring it would be enough to fool me. Well, one wasn't, but two was. I was full and satisfied after that. Surely not great to overeat on any eating plan, but it could have been worse. Net carbs are still under 20g for the day, but mentally it feels like I messed up. I guess because I broke the daily cheese limit rule by eating two of them. We'll see if it has any impact of my weight loss, but I feel pretty good about not giving in to actual sugar...
I remember the last time I was on Atkins....I would crave oreo's. Which was weird because before starting the WOE I wasn't too crazy about them. lol Weird, huh? WTG on not caving in and eating it!!
BrenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:25 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by abluvion View Post
I guess because I broke the daily cheese limit rule by eating two of them. We'll see if it has any impact of my weight loss, but I feel pretty good about not giving in to actual sugar...
Well, breaking the daily cheese limit in in order to fight the oreo battle sounds like a big win to me! Congrats on finding the strength to resist!

I haven't any serious cravings for sweets. I try to minimize my exposure to them and I think that helps. I do still have to see them from time to time, but I pretend they are plastic -- pretty but not any kind of actual food. Somehow, fooling myself works better than rational argument, lol!

Yesterday, I was pretty much spot-on on the food (just under 20 net carbs) and had a big exercise day. This morning my ketosis strips showed me back in the moderate zone. I had been showing the light zone since I came back home. I suspect that exercise helps.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:53 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuffgirl View Post
Tap and Track is great! I've been using it on my iphone, but they have it online too. I haven't used fitday, so I can't really compare, but Tap and Track is very simple and you can select your carb limit, etc. Go to tapandtrack.com....
Thanks for the rec! I am trying it out now. The carb counts for foods do include fiber, but fiber is also listed separately for each food (as well as in the daily total). Also, I can copy and paste the log table . I hope it also solves the frequent log-in problem!

So far, the only bone I have to pick with it is that it doesn't allow you to edit previous dates/times. It assumes you are entering the foods as you eat them. I guess this makes sense for a phone app (I don't have a smart phone though). I'll have to see how annoying that becomes. I will have to be diligent about making sure everything is logged before the day is over!
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:55 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 177.6/163/145

Height: 5'8''

Hi Sandy!
i miss-read this at first.. i am actually a calorie counter.. can i still partake?!
Aubrey
Aubrey87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:38 PM   #84  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

No worries, Aubrey87. You can count calories and work on the challenge if you like. Hope we don't drive you nuts with all of our carb chatter and recipes...and you are absolutely not allowed to tell us how many calories are in anything. We Atkins chicks know that they're a bazillion calories in butter, cheese, cream, cream cheese...all the things we live for.

You might be happier, though, in the calorie counters threads. But, if not, welcome!
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:04 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

LOL Sandy, sometimes when I log my butter and oil into Fitday I freak out a little bit at the calories.

Edit: OMG--I weighed this morning (I've been weighing daily since I got my electric scale) and it seems like the weight I had put on WAS just water weight from TOM etc. Yesterday I drank 64oz of water, limited cheese and my TOM is ending. I had a HUGE whoosh and am now at 238.6. When I got home from PA I was at 239, and then went up to 245 and was pretty upset about that. Now I'm below where I was when I got home!

Because of that, I'm going to count my starting weight as 239 instead of 245, since the 5lbs or so seemed to not be actual fat.

This has also taught me a valuable lesson: LIMIT CHEESE AND DRINK MORE WATER. I put 1-2oz in my omelet and that's IT for the day. I'm also working on my first bottle.

Our first real weigh-in is in 2 days! I'm excited to see how much you have all lost, especially those of you starting Induction.

Last edited by Linsy; 01-06-2011 at 06:18 PM.
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:52 PM   #86  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Default One more day 'til weigh-in...

Okay, Challenge Chicks, one more day until our first weigh-in. I'm with Linsy...excited to see how everyone did. Linsy's got the deal: limit cheese a little and drink more water...my two big hurdles.

I can eat some cheese, on Atkins or off, but I know it's a stall for me...and how am I going to flush that fat unless I drink water? I hate water. I still haven't conquered the water thing. It's ridiculous. I should just GET OVER IT!

Wishing everyone a great Atkins day and good luck!
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:21 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

I had a great day today. I didn't go over 20 carbs, ate vegetables, and am working on my third bottle of water right now. I plan to have one or two more before going to sleep tonight. I also only ate about 2oz of cheese the entire day, in my brunch omelet.

I'm loving my homemade guacamole--a mashed avocado with onion, garlic and salt. It tastes great and it's guilt-free as a fat and a vegetable!
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:26 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 252

Height: 5'11''

Hi there - I'm a newbie, but I'm a personal chef working with a man trying to lose over a 100lbs on the Atkins diet, so I'm cooking through Phase 1, right now, and decided to do it myself (I need to lose 75lb). I have gained and lost weight for umpteen years, ruining my thyroid in the process - so now have to deal with a metabolism that's in less than peak condition. Still, this year I've resolved to walk more and have actually lost five pounds since the New Year's Eve, just cutting out sugar, salt and Haagendazs! I've been eating cheese and tomato omlettes for breakfast, grilled salmon and salad for lunch, and just snacking on permitted veggies in the evening. I did something inexplicable yesterday (and I'm working on ways of finding language so I can talk to myself about this sort of thing) - deliberately drove through MacDonald's for FRENCH FRIES! I mean, what is that sort of mindlessness? Does anyone have a take on that sort of uncontrollable binge? It's like sitting down and eating one (or even two) pints of vanilla swiss chocolate almond! And I'd lost FIVE POUNDS! So - today's another day, and this is my first day on the forum. I hope to find courage and faith in my ability to do this thing by being part of a group! Thanks for being here!
LolaCrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:26 PM   #89  

Hi Lola! Welcome to 3FC and the Atkins board

As for your french fry episode... Try to take ownership of the event. You say it was inexplicable and mindless, but some part of your brain was conscious of what you were doing or you wouldn't have been able to drive there I find that if I accept that *I* did it, rather than blaming some unknown psychological urge, I feel more in control and can work on battling the cravings better. Maybe that will work for you too. Don't beat yourself up, but accept ownership of it and learn from it.

Way to go on your loss so far!! 5lbs since NYE is wonderful!! Keep it up, you are doing something right!

As for me ~ I peeked at the scale. I thought I would resist and see one big woosh after two weeks of Induction but curiosity got the best of me. So far I'm down 3lb in 5 days (3 days if you want to count 'clean' days in a row - I slipped day 2). I will take that!! Just needed a little proof that things were working despite my high daily calorie intake (that will need to eventaully come down but for now won't change what ain't broken!).

Hope everyone is doing well, any weekend plans?
Old 01-07-2011, 03:47 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 252

Height: 5'11''

Thanks for the support, Abluvion - I will indeed "own" my digression. It's true that if you cheat, that you are making a choice to cheat, and I have fought this sort of self sabotage on and off for thirty years (as long as I've been a yoyo) - it's wretched. Today, on my way home from cooking (and eating) blackened salmon and a fabulous salad for lunch, I actually talked myself out of going to the grocery store to buy collards and mustard greens (I like to put them in chicken soup) because I didn't want to feel remotely tempted to buy a pint of HaagenDazs! Tomorrow, I'll go get my darn greens and work my way THROUGH the temptation. I have to ask myself (and insist on an answer) WHY I want the darn icecream! Seriously - if all it was about was "owning" it, I'd be over the hurdle by now! Meanwhile, I'm off to walk my dog. He's able to do a mile, and I'm up to three walks a day with him. Am planning to get a walking buddy to do three miles at ONCE at least three times a week, sans dog - who tends to stop to sniff and piddle along the way! My five pound loss since New Years is definitely due to upping the exercise! Forces the metabolism to kick in!
LolaCrane is offline   Reply With Quote