Old 11-10-2010, 09:15 PM   #1  

Default Day five on Atkins; new to this board

All:

Today was day five on Atkins. So far so good, I think, except two problems:

1) I feel like h*ll. After some thought, I've realized it's probably because I am so not hungry that the thought of eating makes me feel gross, so I don't eat, so I feel worse, and it's a vicious cycle. After I managed to force down a little soup and stir-fry at lunchtime today, I started feeling human, and after some more stir-fry at dinner I felt like a new person.

So I think it's just mornings. When I wake up, is there some tip or trick for forcing down breakfast when the thought makes me want to hurl? Or will this pass?

2) Insomnia. I get to sleep just fine, but wake up at a ridiculous hour, drenched in sweat, suffering from bizarre dreams, and can't get back to sleep. Will this pass?

Any of this sound normal?
JustSmurfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:11 PM   #2  
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi!
to the Atkins Forum
That yucky feeling sounds like you have the Atkins "flu". Not really flu per se, but just that yucky feeling for a bit. And yes it does pass

I'm not sure about the insomnia or bizarre dreams. My dreams are bizarre on a regular basis, Atkins or not

Anyways welcome

Judy
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

You'll feel like that for a few days probably. I've heard that drinking a cup of broth can help because it replaces the salt in your diet (or something). Good luck!
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:47 AM   #4  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

welcome smurf: don't know about the dreams, but are you possibly in perimenopause? I am and sometimes get night (and day) sweats and certainly odd dreams at times.
As to breakfast, consider a little smoothie or shake to start yourself off if you just can't face "food" right away. I often whip up some protein powder with water, ice, a bit of cream ( and when I am wild and can enjoy a few carbs will add some frozen berries!) and have that, then have a more tradition breakfast a couple of hours later.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:41 AM   #5  

fatmad, I've never tried a protein shake -- do you have a recommended brand? That might be a good option for me, mornings.

Whatever was going on, it seems to have resolved. I think it may have been related to not eating enough food in general. I forced down a decent lunch and dinner yesterday, and then I slept a full 8 hours last night (though I still had crazy, apocalyptic dreams -- and I think it's unlikely I'm perimenopausal, because I'm in my early 30s) and woke up feeling less gross than yesterday.

This morning, I forced down a mushroom omelette I really didn't want, but I think that was a great decision -- I feel really energetic now!
JustSmurfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:03 PM   #6  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

How's it going, JustSmurfy?
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote