EZ-Sweetz - WOW!

• I just wanted to share my love of EZ-Sweetz. I ordered some from Amazon and it arrived yesterday. I tried it in the mock danish recipe that's been posted. It wasn't bad at all! To me, it tastes better than other artificial sweeteners. I don't use a lot of artificial sweetener (maybe one serving a day, if that), but I think I've found a winner.

Anyone else use this stuff?
  • never heard of it. Whats in it?
  • Fatmad -- It's a liquid form of sucralose -- I think it's like liquid Splenda. The ingredients on the bottle say:

Ingredients
    Filter Water, Sucralose, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Succinic Acid, and Citric Acid

It also gives conversions for figuring out how much to use:

Directions
    2 Drops = 2 Tsp Sugar = 1 SplendaŽ Packet. 12 Drops = 1/4 Cup Sugar (or 6 SplendaŽ Packets)

I bought mine at Amazon.com. The version I ordered comes in three little bottles. I took one to work with me. I don't use a ton of sweeteners, so this will last me for quite a bit. To me, it tastes better than the Spenda in the packet (I HATE the Splenda in the packet; for some reason, it tastes very strong to me.).

I'm eager to try it in one of the many cheesecake recipes that folks have posted.
  • What is great about the liquid sucralose (ie: Splenda) is that it actually DOES have zero carbs in it.....whereas the powdered in the packets has maltodextrin added which makes each packet half a gram of carb. Apparently, they are allowed to document on the box that the carb count is zero if it's less than 1 Gm. They put the maltodextrin in to make the liquid into a powdered form.
    So at half a Gm. per packet, the carbs can add up if you're making/eating significant low-carb sweets/desserts.....there's actually 1 Gm. of carb for every 2 packets....even though the carbs are documented as having 0 carbs.

They do not sell this in stores, I believe....you have to buy it off the internet. There is another brand of it called sweetz-free also, if I remember correctly.

deena
  • Quote: What is great about the liquid sucralose (ie: Splenda) is that it actually DOES have zero carbs in it.....whereas the powdered in the packets has maltodextrin added which makes each packet half a gram of carb.

They do not sell this in stores, I believe....you have to buy it off the internet. There is another brand of it called sweetz-free also, if I remember correctly.

deena
    Yes and yes, Deena52. I love that it's truly 0 carbs -- I'll have to look for the brand you mentioned and compare the taste :-)