Old 08-14-2013, 10:49 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default What gives?

Past two days Ive lost .2 total, really that's not very motivating. Im on Day 7 of induction and was planning on weighing in tomorrow for my drumroll for the week AND start adding in cardio. Im eating better than I ever have on induction..calories are high.A huge portion of my carbs come from veggies. I know you don't count calories, but a calorie is a calorie. Looked at my menu and one thing im eating in a fairly large amount is avocado.. culprit? I know its so good for you. But there could be too much of a good thing.

Thoughts?
SimplyLosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:17 PM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

You most likely aren't going to like my response to your post...but...here goes.
You didn't gain the weight over night and you aren't going to lose it over night. It takes time for your body to adjust & adapt to a new lifestyle. I know 7 days seems like a long time but, to your body, its only been a week. As with anything else worth having, it takes time. Keep doing what you've been doing and try to be patient. It will pay off
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:47 PM   #3  
TX Fat Chick

S/C/G: 258/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

Simply ..... I try to think of it this way: Time is going to pass one way or the other.

You can wake up in 6 months/a year still struggling to get off the weight or celebrating the incredible thing you've done for your health/body.

That is my mind set right now. I just keep telling myself that.
melissakd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:13 PM   #4  
Enjoying the journey

S/C/G: 225/192/170

Height: 5-5.5

Hi SimplyLosing - Think of Atkins as a way of eating for life not a diet. I am a slow loser barely over 1 pound per week. It takes time, patience and persistence. This is a marathon not a sprint and you can do it!!!!!
Lulu NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:52 PM   #5  

Height: 5'6

Thanks guys, I just always heard of amazing weight loss on induction, this WOE is extremely hard sometimes but it was ok as long as it was coming off. I know its not gong to happen overnight I just have to keep that in mind
SimplyLosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:51 PM   #6  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Default .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyLosing View Post
Thanks guys, I just always heard of amazing weight loss on induction, this WOE is extremely hard sometimes but it was ok as long as it was coming off. I know its not gong to happen overnight I just have to keep that in mind
I think because Atkins Inc. advertises "lose as much as 15 lbs in 2 weeks" we believe this is going to happen and get disappointed and discouraged when it doesn't.
I enjoy the show Extreme Weightloss with Chris Powell and if you watch that show and pay close attention, the extremely overweight people lose quickly in the first few months. They have a lot of weight to lose. But...as time goes on, the weight comes off more slowly. When I first began Atkins, I was 245 lbs and I lost my first 50 lbs in about 4 months. That being said, the rest of the weight came off more slowly. The important thing is, it came off. Yes, I got anxious and wanted it off immediately...but....I had to be patient. It is difficult but...it will happen!
Keep up the good work!
You CAN do this!!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote