3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Carb Counters > Atkins

MY scale VS. the DR.'S scale

Old 11-02-2010, 05:45 PM   #1
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Smile MY scale VS. the DR.'S scale

Sooooooo I have ben wondering for quite some time if MY scales were on the same page as the Dr.'s.

I have a digital scales and occasionally it gives me this low (make your eyes bulge out kind of low) reading. Now, I check mine for accuracy before each weigh in. I take a 5lb, weight and make sure it registers at 5lbs on the scales, then I weigh myself.

So anyways, I haven't been feeling too good these last two days and decided to go see the Dr. I weighed myself naked this morning, then again fully dressed and recorded the difference the clothes make. When I went to the Dr. I weighed exactly the same as I had registered fully dressed at home ! (228.8) I know this is kind of a silly thing to get excited about, but it seems like EVERY time I went to the Dr. prior to me being on the Atkins AND using the old type scales I used to have, there was always a HUGE difference. So now I feel like me and the good ol' doc are finally on the same page

One for every 5lbs GONE!

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
Thomas A. Edison
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:40 PM   #2
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

My scale vs my doctor's scale was always 2 lbs off, they always weighed me heavier but I figured it was cuz I was now wearing clothes.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:33 PM   #3

S/C/G: sw187/cw179/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

what a good feeling. I think in general I go with my home scale for accuracy, cause I can weigh naked first thing in the morning, but the docs scale is good for her to keep patients honest.

zen and the art of weight loss, finding the true path of en-lighten-ment

fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:48 AM   #4

Height: 5'5"

I will not let stress, unexpected surprises, or lack of planning derail my plans to be the best, most fit, healthiest me.

Mini Goal 148 - no longer overweight BMI

Halloween Challenge 147.5lbs
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.