Faux baked potato soup - Recipe

• I was jonesin' for some creamy potato soup like the stuff they serve at Chili's so I threw this together today in the crock pot and I think it came out yum! Even my kids liked it!

You may have to double it. I have a small crock pot and only needed to feed myself and 2 small kiddos .

1 16 oz bag frozen cauliflower
    1 cup chicken broth
    salt and pepper to taste
    1/2 small onion chopped
    2 cloves garlic minced

1 8oz brick cream cheese

Garnish:
    a few slices of bacon crumbled
    a dollop of sour cream
    shredded cheddar cheese
    sliced chives

Put the first 5 ingredients in the slow cooker on high for about 4 hours (I threw some chicken in there too for good measure).

About 30 minutes before serving mash everything up in the cooker with a potato masher. Don't pulverize is... just mash it up a little. Cut the cream cheese into smaller cubes and dump it in.

Once the cream cheese is melted stir it all up and serve with the garnishes!

It was good . Not sure on the carb count... I'd assume fairly low?
  • AWESOME Val! I'll save this with my pumpkin pie recipes as well
  • wow this sounds great Thanks!
  • Valrock, this is genius! Good job! I can't wait to try it.
  • Oops!! Just reread. Garnish with sour cream. Not cream cheese!
  • Quote: 1 16 oz bag frozen cauliflower
    1 8oz brick cream cheese
    1 cup chicken broth
    salt and pepper to taste
    1/2 small onion chopped
    2 cloves garlic minced

Garnish:
    a few slices of bacon crumbled
    a dollop of cream cheese
    shredded cheddar cheese
    sliced chives

Put the first 6 ingredients in the slow cooker on high for about 4 hours (I threw some chicken in there too for good measure).

About 30 minutes before serving mash everything up in the cooker with a potato masher. Don't pulverize is... just mash it up a little. Cut the cream cheese into smaller cubes and dump it in.

Once the cream cheese is melted stir it all up and serve with the garnishes!

It was good . Not sure on the carb count... I'd assume fairly low?
    You say put the first 6 ingredients (which includes the cream cheese) in the crock pot in the beginning but then you say to cut up and add the cream cheese after you mash everything.
  • Quote: You say put the first 6 ingredients (which includes the cream cheese) in the crock pot in the beginning but then you say to cut up and add the cream cheese after you mash everything.
    I'm so sorry! I need to go fix it but I'm out the door to work. Don't put the cream cheese in until the end